70

Astrid's POV

"So who's going first?" The attendant asks.

"I'll go." Christen says and follows the attendant towards the dresses.

Mal, Erin, Christen, Kelley, Amy, and I are shopping for bridesmaids dresses. Alex and Hope came along as well because they wanted to watch their girls try on dresses.

Lindsey probably would've came too, but she's in Tobin's bridal party and they're trying on dresses today too.

"What color are our dresses?" Mal asks.

"It depends where you are in the processional" I say.

"What do you mean?" Alex asks.

"Well our wedding colors are Blush, Burgundy and Metallic Gold so we're staggering dress colors."

"And that means?" Erin asks.

"Kelley will be wearing a Burgundy dress, Erin you'll wear a blush colored dress, Christen is in Burgundy, Mal is in blush, and Amy is in Burgundy." I say as Christen comes out in her dress.

"Holy shit." Alex says as she ogle's her wife.

"Damn Pressy." I say as Christen looks at herself in the mirror.

"Do you like it Christen?" Kelley asks.

"I do." Christen says as she turns to the side. "I tried on a couple others in the changing room and I like this the most.

Christen decides the dress she's wearing is the dress for her so she returns to the changing room and changes back into her clothes then she and the attendant come back to us.

"Who's the Maid or Matron of honor?" The attendant asks.

"I am." Kelley says.

"Follow me please." The attendant says so Kelley gets up and follow's the woman.

"So who's in Tobin's bridal party?" Christen asks.

"Her sisters, Allie, Lauren, and Lindsey's her maid of honor." I say.

"Speaking of Lindsey." Alex says then she looks at Mal. "When are you two getting married?"

"We've talked about it." Mal says. "But I think we both wanna see how well we live together first."

"How's that going by the way?" Hope asks.

"So far it's been great." Mal says with a smile right as Kelley returns wearing a dress.

"So we tried a few on an we both think this is the best one." The attendant says as Kelley gives us a twirl.

"So?" Kelley says. "What'd ya think?"

"You're ass looks amazing." Hope says causing Kelley to blush.

"You look beautiful Kelloggs." I say.

"This the one Mrs. Solo?" The attendant asks.

"Yeah." Kelley says.

Kelley and the attendant head back to change out of the dress then Mal goes and tries on some dresses until she finds a dress she loves. After Mal has her dress picked out, Amy and Erin pick out their bridesmaids dresses then I pay for the dresses.

"You seriously aren't letting anybody pay for anything?" Alex questions as we leave the store.

"Nope." I say as we load the dresses neatly into someone's car. "I'll see you guys back at the house."

Everyone nods then we get into the three cars and head back to Kelley and Hope's house.

We went dress shopping in LA.

When we get to the house we hang the dresses up in one of the spare room's closets then we all get ready for dinner. Once we're all dressed and ready we pile into one car and head to dinner.

"Comfy Mal?" I ask since she's sat on my lap.

There's eight of us and we're in a seven seater car.

"Mhmm." Mal says.

A little while later we arrive at our destination so we get out and head into a restaurant then we're seated immediately. Moments later the wait staff comes by and takes our orders then they quickly get our drinks.

"So where are Tobin and them at?" Hope asks.

"New York." I say then take a drink of my Wine. "Tobin's Mom fell while she was playing with her grand kids and she has a high ankle sprain so Tobin didn't want her traveling on a bad foot."

"Is she okay?" Amy asks.

"She'll be fine by the wedding." I say.

"How far is Tobin's house from New York?" Kelley asks.

"About an hour."

"Astrid can I ask you something?" Mal questions.

"Yes you can Mal Pal." I say.

"It true that if you didn't retire then you would've played for Portland?"

"It was a possibility." I say.

"Why?" Kelley asks.

"My contract with Utah was up and AD was taken in the expansion draft by Colorado so Mark called me and asked me if I was interested in coming out of retirement and playing for Portland."

"Why didn't you?" Alex asks.

"I didn't think my body could take the beating anymore." I say as Mal grabs my hand. "I mean I did have to have my kidney removed."

"True."

"Tobin did good with picking out your ring." Mal says.

"She did very well." I say and admire my wedding ring.

"I still can't believe you two got married at the courthouse without telling anyone." Amy says as our food is served to us.

"I knew." Mal says.

"Excuse me?" Kelley and Erin say and look at me as the wait staff leave.

"Mal was helping Lindsey move her stuff from Portland to their place in Denver and we needed witnesses so we called them." I say. "It's not like we knew we would end up getting married when the day started."

"You're lucky we're in public otherwise I'd punch you in the tit...again." Kelley says as I eat some of my food.

"If you do that then I will throw you into the pool again."

"Let's not." Hope says then she looks at me. "So how was the first camp as National team coach."

"Very eventful." I say. "But besides the issue with Tobin it was good."

"We're you interviewed for the job or did they just give it to you?" Amy asks.

"I was one of the last three interviewed."

"Who else did they interview?" Christen asks.

"Vlatko and Laura."

"What was the interview like?"

"First I had to draw up a line up then they asked me hypothetical questions."

"Like?" Kelley asks.

"Like one of them was say you're in the final of the world cup, Sam Staab and Abby Dahlkemper both get red cards, and you only have one sub left how would you handle it." I say.

"And how would you handle it."

"Depending on which of the forwards is playing the worst I'd take one of them out and sub in a centre back. I'd move Julie to centre back then I'd tell my other two midfielders to drop into the 6 role."

"So they basically gave you a worst case scenario and said figure it out." Erin says.

"Basically." I say and eat some more food. "They mainly focused on the fact I'd be managing my wife."

"Focused on what?" Amy asks.

"Mainly the fact that they were worried I'd select Tobin even if she didn't deserve it. Luckily I'm not stupid and I know that if Tobin doesn't deserve her space then she won't get it."