24

Astrid's POV

"You ready Strides?" Kelley asks as we walk into the stadium

It's almost the end of August and since I've been cleared to play we've had four games. Annoyingly, I haven't played a single minute for Utah yet because, according to Laura, they wanted to give me a break from football since I haven't stopped playing in almost a year.

The only game I have played is the send off game against Ireland which we won 6-0. 

I hate not playing so a couple days ago I basically told Laura I'm starting and well here we are.

"It's about fucking time I play." I say and hold the locker room door open for my twin.

We play Orlando today in Orlando.

When we get into the locker room I place my stuff in my locker, put on my hoodie and headphones, then put the hood on my head and head out onto the field. Once on the field I walk to the center spot and look around the stadium for one song then I walk off the field.

"ASTRID." I hear my twin yell.

I turn towards the voice and see she's motioning me towards her and a group of players so I walk over to them. As I approach the group one of the Pride defenders' eyes widen.

"Hey Shelina." I say.

"W-what are you doing here?" Shelina asks.

"She plays for Utah" Ali says.

"And she's Kelley's twin." Ash says.

"I didn't know that." Shelina says.

"To be fair we didn't do a lot of talking that night." I say.

"Gross." Alex says and gags.

"Really" I say and raise an eyebrow at the forward. "Need I..."

"Shut it." Christen says and puts her hand over my mouth. "Lexy Bear don't tease."

"Sorry." Alex says then I lick Christen's hand.

"EWW." Christen shouts and wipes her hand on me.

"I feel so stupid." Shelina says. "I didn't even put two and two together."

"You were probably focused on the World Cup." Kelley says.

"Well I'm gonna go get changed." I say then spin around and head towards our locker room

Once in the locker room I grab my training jersey then head to a stall in the bathroom and change into them. After I'm clothed I go and sit in my locker then tape my wrists and hands while waiting for my twin to sit on me. Eventually Kelly comes over in just her shorts and a sports bra then she sits on my lap so I begin running my fingers through her hair.

A minute or so later I put Kelly's hair into her pony tail then my sister leans back into me and move my hands in front of her.

"What color today?" Christen asks.

"Purple." Kelley says as I rest my head on her back.

"You just love painting her nails the colors of our opponents." Becky says.

I tune out the talking in the room and listen to my twins heartbeat.

"You know our heartbeats are in sync." I mumble. "That's kinda cool."

"I mean we are twins." Kelley says with a giggle.

A few seconds later Kelley finishes my nails so I wrap my arms around her and tightly hug her.

"Love you Kelloggs." I say.

"Love you Strides." Kelley says.

Kelley then spins around and kisses my head then I kiss her cheek and release my twin from my grip. I then go out with the other keeper and warm up for a while until it's time to come in to get changed.

Once in the locker room I grab my undershirt and keeper jersey then head to a bathroom stall and change out of the training jersey and into my game stuff. After I'm clothed I walk back to my locker and wait for Laura to finish her team talk then join the other starters in the tunnel. A few seconds later we head onto the field and line up then we shake hands with the Orlando players, the captains do the coin toss, and once the sides are decide I run to my goal and wait a couple seconds then Alex kicks off.

The first 70 minutes of the game are boring as shit and I only have to make 4 comfortable saves.

In the 71st minute Ali gets the ball from Ash then she takes the ball up field while looking for a person to pass to. A-Rod pressures Ali so the defender races toward then endline as her teammates stream into the box. When Ali is on the side of the 18 yard box she floats a cross into the box which causes me to run out and punch it up the field.

Unfortunately, for me, when I jump to punch the ball my legs are taken out and I end up flipping over someone in a purple jersey then I land with a thud on the grass.

"Ow." I say.

"You alright?" Becky asks as she helps me up. 

"I'm fine." I say

I then look past her and see Christen sprinting towards the Orlando goal with only Ash in-between my best friend and the goal.

As Christen crosses into the 18 yard box she side foots the ball past Ash making the score 1-0.

The outfield players celebrate with the brunette as I catch my breathe and drink some of my water.

"ASTRID." I hear Christen yell.

I look up and see the forward smiling at me and giving me a thumbs up so I reciprocate the gesture then a second later Alex restarts the game.

The rest of the game is boring so I feel thankful when the final whistle blows cause I don't have to stand here kicking grass anymore. Thankfully the score remains 1-0 so we get three points and move up to 4th in the standings.

Once the final whistle blows, Becky, Kelley, Christen, and I quickly shake the Pride girls hands then we rush into the locker room and change out of our kits and into our street clothes. The four of us then grab all of our things then we rush out of the stadium to the waiting Uber. The Uber takes us to the Orlando airport and the four of us get on a private jet then a few minutes later the jet takes off and heads to Utah.

We hired a private jet because the team plane is leaving tomorrow and wouldn't get into Utah with enough time for the four of us to pack then catch our flight back to the second stop of the victory tour.

4 hours later we arrive in Utah so we get off the plane and make our ways to our cars.

"I'll see you up in the morning." I say and kiss my twin's head.

"Bye Strides." Kelley says then she gets in her car.

I get in my car and head to my house to pack for the first two victory tour games.