84

Astrid's POV

"Alright." I say after the girls finish stretching ahead of our training session today. "We're gonna start with some 7v7 games and have two going on at the same time then we'll transition into our 10v2 game before we finish with some dodgeball."

"Dodgeball?" My twin questions.

"Mhmm." I say. "Focus for the next two hours and we'll play some Dodgeball."

"Sweet." Kelley says with an evil smile.

"But for now pink team will play green team on this side of the field and orange team will play purple team on the far side of the field." I say then everybody looks at me.

"Teams." My wife mouths

"Oh right teams." I say causing everybody to laugh. "My bad."

"Didn't get enough coffee?" Ash questions.

"I didn't even have coffee this morning." I say in realization. "Damn...So when I call your name grab a penny with your color then head to your side of the field"

The team nod so I take out my notebook and read of the names for each team.

PINK TEAM: Casey Murphy, Sofia Huerta, Abby Dahlkemper, Morgan Brian, Julie Ertz, Lynn Williams, Kristen Hamilton

GREEN TEAM: Alyssa Naeher, Alana Cook, Kelley O'Hara, Danny Colaprico, Vanessa DiBernardo, Tobin Heath, Mal Pugh

ORANGE TEAM: Adrianna Franch, Emily Sonnett, Tierna Davidson, Lindsey Horan, Andi Sullivan, Crystal Dunn, Ashley Hatch

PURPLE TEAM: Aubrey Bledsoe, Sam Staab, Kristie Mewis, Sam Mewis, Rose Lavalle, Alex Morgan, Christen Press

Once I've read of the names everyone grabs their penny's and starts talking tactics so I pull Alyssa to the side

"Hey Lys can I talk to you for a moment?" I question.

"Sure what's up?" One of the members of the OG A squad says.

"You feel good to go against Canada?" I ask.

"I do." Alyssa says. "That bugs outta my system so I'm ready to go."

"Good." I say. "Then you'll be starting."

"Sweet."

"Come on Lys." Kelley says and hooks their arms together. "We got a Pink team to beat."

The orange and purple head to the far side of the field with Ali and Ash while Becky, Carli, and I stay with the Pink and Green teams.

Becky and I watch the two teams play each other for a while then I head to the far side of the field and stand with Ash and Ali.

"How's it going over here?" I ask.

"Well I'm pretty sure Lindsey and Christen are gonna get into a fight soon." Ash says.

"What? Why?"

"They've been going at it the whole time." Ali says.

"JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU BITCH." Christen shouts.

What the hell is happening?

- - - - -

"PASS THE FUCKING BALL LINDSEY." I shout.

Lindsey and Christen are still fighting and it's rubbing off on the team.

We're playing like dog shit against Canada.

"You know what." I mumble then look at our subs. "MOE."

"Yeah coach?" Moe says when she comes over to me.