91

Astrid's POV

"Come on you two." I say and pick up Ingrid and Kasey. "Mommy's waiting."

I carry my daughters out of the locker room, into the tunnel, then we walk onto the field as the team are about to start their warm ups.

Today we're playing Denmark in Brisbane in our first group game of the World Cup.

"There's my favorite girls." Tobin cutely says and tickles our daughter's stomach's causing them to make noises. "Mommy loves you two so much."

Our girls smile at Tobin then my Boo Bear leans down and kisses Ingrid's cheek then she kisses Kasey's cheek. Tobin then heads onto the field with the girls to warm up so I head into back into the locker room and grab the diaper bag. Once I have my daughters diaper bags I leave the locker room, walk through the tunnel onto the field, then I head over to the friends and family section.

"Hey Sis." Erin says.

"Hello." I say as I pass Ingrid to Tobin's mom.

After Ingrid is with Tobin's Mom I hand Kasey to my mom then I hand the diaper bag to Katie.

"Good luck coach." Dad says.

"Thanks." I say. "See you guys after."

I walk away from my family, head to the bench, sit down in my seat, grab a water, then I take my anxiety medicine and watch the girls warm up.

"Ma'am do you have the line up for your team?" A stadium worker asks.

"Oh yes." I say then take the line up out of my pocket and check it.

1-Alyssa Naeher
5-Kelley O'Hara
7-Abby Dahlkemper
4-Alana Cook
12-Tierna Davidson
8-Julie Ertz (C)
6-Morgan Brian
10-Lindsey Horan
17-Tobin Heath
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press

Subs:
18-Adrianna Franch
21-Aubrey Bledsoe
2-Emily Sonnett
3-Sam Mewis
9-Lynn Williams
11-Mal Pugh
14-Sofia Huerta
15-Kristie Mewis
16-Rose Lavalle
19-Crystal Dunn
20-Andi Sullivan
22-Sam Staab

"Sorry about that." I say and hand the lineup to the woman.

"No problem." The worker says then she walks away.

When the worker leaves I look at the scoreboard and see there's 15 minutes until the game starts so I head back into the tunnel, only to be stopped for an interview by Alex Curry. Our interview stops right as the team come back into the tunnel so I wait for them to change then I do my last minute team talk. After that's done the girls do their last minute preparations then everyone heads to where they need to be and a few moments later the starters come onto the pitch. Once the starters are on the pitch I stand around as the anthems are played then, as the rest of the pre-match is happening, I walk over to the Danish coach and shake her hand.

After all the pre-match pleasantries are finished I head back to my seat just as the game begins.

In the 10th minute of the game the ball goes out for a goal kick so Alyssa plays it short to Alana who then turns and dribbles the ball up field. Pernille starts to put Alana under pressure so she dumps the ball off to my twin. When Kelley gets the ball she passes to Moe who then passes back to Julie since the Dane's pressure her. Julie notices Christen making a run into space so she launches the ball across the field

The ball lands in front of Christen so she runs onto it then, as she crosses into the 18 yard box, Christen puts her foot through the ball and bends it around the keeper making the score 1-0.

Christen and the girls on the field celebrate then Christen jogs over and high-fives everyone on the bench before the game restarts.

The rest of the first half goes by pretty quickly so during halftime I basically just let the girls warm up while tweaking a few tactical things. Once halftime ends I head back to the bench and sit down in my seat then I watch the second half.

"Does Tobin look alright to you?" I question around the 54th minute after focusing on Tobin's movements since the game restarted.

"She looks a little slow." Ali says causing me to nod and get off the bench.

"TOBS." I shout when the ball goes out of play.

My wife hears me yelling so she turns and looks at me. I then hold a thumbs up asking if she's okay and she gives me a so-so hand gesture so I do the sub motion to ask if she needs a sub. Tobin thinks about it for a minute then she nods so I look down at the subs getting loose.

"MAL." I shout.

Mal looks at me so I motion her down to me.

"Yes?" Mal questions.

"You're going in for Tobin." I say and lead her to the bench.

Mal nods and puts on her jersey before she takes the card over to the fourth official then she waits on the touchline.

A few minutes later the ball goes out of play so the fourth official holds up the sub board. Tobin sees her number up in red so she jogs over to Mal and hugs her then she walks over to me.

"What's up?" I question as I wrap my arm around her.

"I can't breathe." Tobin says as we walk to the trainers.

Tobin sits on the bench then the trainers look her over.

"Okay I have no idea how you did this, but there's grass in your nose." One of the AT's says.

"Maybe when I got tripped in the first half and fell on the ground." Tobin says.

"Well however you did we're gonna need to suck it out so lets go to the locker room."

Tobin and the AT head to the locker room so I head back to my spot on the bench and watch the rest of the game.

When the game ends I shake hands with the Danish team manager then head onto the field and hug my players.

We won 5-2 with Christen getting two more goals with Alex and Lynn scoring our other goals. Pernille scored the two goals for the Dane's.

After I've hugged all the players we do our huddle then Tobin and I head to our parents to get our kids.

"Are you okay?" Jeff asks as Tobin's sisters hand us our daughters.

"Yeah I'm fine." Tobin says. "Had grass up my nose and couldn't breathe, but we got it out."

"Good." Cindy says as my sister hands me the diaper bag. "I guess we'll see you four later."

Tobin and I say goodbye before we head into the locker room then head into my office and shut the door. Once the door is shut we lay the girls down on the desk then I bring my wife into my arms.

"You sure you're alright?" I question.

"Yeah baby." Tobin says and looks up at me. "I'm fine."

"Good." I say then I kiss my wife.

"One down." Tobin says with a smile.

"One down." I say. "Only 6 more to go."