90

Astrid's POV

"Let's go ladies." Heif says and claps his hands.

"Heif." Kelley groans. "It's too early."

In two days we play our final send off series game against Belgium, but today is media day.

Fun.

Our first two send off games were against Iceland then Mexico and we won both.

"There's coffee waiting for you in the cars." I say.

"Fine." Kelley mumbles then heads to the car.

I follow my twin to the car and get it in with her, Christen, Alex, Tobin, and my daughters then we head off to Good Morning America.

"Astrid did you schedule this?" Alex as as she rests her head on her wife's shoulder.

"Nope." I say as I sip my coffee. "If it was up to me we'd be meeting all the media at our hotel."

Some minutes later we arrive at Central Park so we get out and head to where the producers tell us to go. All of us stand around while Alex, Kelley, and Christen do most of the talking then we get back in the cars and head off to the Twitter building.

Twenty minutes later we arrive at the Twitter HQ so we all get out of the car and head up to the floor we'll be on. When we get to our floor my wife and I head to the bathroom and change our daughters then we head back out to the room and I sit down behind My name tag.

"We brought bottles right?" I question.

"Yeah they're in the bag." Tobin says.

"Cool." I say as our press conference starts.

"Astrid how does the process of preparing for a World Cup as a player differ from the process as a head coach's?"

"Well there's a lot less running." I say causing everyone to laugh. "But as a head coach it's a lot more work. I've been preparing and studying everyone of our potential opponents. Our room is littered with binders on tactics, lineups, results, and player profiles of every opponent we could potentially play. As a player all I did was show up to training."

"What team are you most wary of?"

"Ours." I say.

"How has becoming a mother changed the way you manage the team?"

"Um I don't really know." I admit. "I feel like I'm the same as before we adopted our girls, but you'd have to ask the team."

I get asked a few more tactical questions then the team come over to do their press conference so I get up, head to the room where are bags are, and lay on the floor to play with my girls.

Ingrid and Kasey are really into throwing their soccer balls so that's what we do.

"Looks like we have the future national team goalkeepers set." Ash says as Ingrid throws a ball at her.

"Not if Kelley, Tobin, Christen, or Alex can help it." I say as I catch the ball Kasey threw.

"Or me." Ali says and sits down next to me with her wife.

"Have you two heard anything else about your adoption?" I question while rolling the ball back to Kasey.

"Not yet." Ash says with a frown. "We've been told it could be till August before we hear anything."

"Actually." Ali says and looks at her wife with a smile. "That phone call I just had was the adoption agency."

"And?" Ash impatiently asks.

"When we come back from the world cup we're gonna be Mom's." Ali says with a smile.

- - - - -

"Welcome to Australia and good luck this summer." The hotel concierge says and hands me the bag of keys.

"Thank you." I say then I grab my bags and walk towards our conference room.

Once at our conference room I open it then everyone puts their bags against the wall before they sit down.

"Alright." I say as I spread out the room keys. "When you hear your name come get your room keys then head up and find your room. Once you find your room you have an hour to get everything in order and do what ever you need to then we'll meet back in here cool?"

Everyone nods so I start reading off the names of rooms and roommates

2110- Carli
2111- Becky
2112- Tierna & Alana
2113- Emily & Adrianna
2114- Kristie & Sofia
2115- Sam & Rose
2116- Julie & Crystal
2117- Abby & Lynn
2118- Andi & Sam
2119- Alyssa & Aubrey
2120- Christen & Alex
2121- Lindsey & Mal
2122- Kelley & Moe
2123- Astrid & Tobin
2124- Ash & Ali

After everybody is out of the room my wife and I grab our bags and our daughters before we lock the conference room then we head up to our room. Once in our room we set everything down, we change the girls, then lay them down in the rollaway crib. Tobin and I then un pack our bags because we'll be here for two weeks since we're here a week before our first game and our first two games are in Brisbane.

"What's our schedule for tomorrow?" Tobin questions as we cuddle on the bed.

"Everyone has the day off to relax and recover after the plane ride."

"So we can sleep in?"

"If Ingrid and Kasey let us we can." I say as I wrap my arms around my wife.

"We can also just get some of the girls to babysit while we nap." Tobin says as our alarm goes off.

The two of us get off the bed, grab the girls' bag, grab our daughters, then we head down to the meeting room.

"Gimme." Kelley says and holds her hands out when we get to the meeting room.

Tobin and I hand off our daughters to their aunt then we get our dinner.

"Alright." I say and get everyone's attention before we eat. "Tonight while we eat we are gonna talk about what everyone is saying about our chances one last time then we're going to forget about it and focus on winning."

"Did you guys see we're predicted to reach the quarterfinals and no further?" Kelley questions.

"That's disrespectful." Christen says.

"I can't wait to prove everyone wrong."