48

Astrid's POV

"Hey Laura you got a minute?" I ask after Coach opens her hotel door.

We have a game today against Portland in Portland and it'll be my first game at Portland's stadium. It's also our last game before we head to Tokyo.

This year has gone by so quick.

"Of course." Laura says and lets me into the room then she leads me into the living room part of a suite.

"How come you get a suite?" I ask.

"Because I'm the coach." Laura says with a smirk as we sit down. "So what's up?"

"Um." I say and scratch the back of my neck. "After the season ends I'm retiring."

Laura doesn't say anything.

"I just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to give Abby more game time...Jill already knows as well."

"Alright." Laura says. "Do you want me to give Abby more games?"

"Only if you want too." I say. "I'm still going to give my everything for the club, but I just wanted you to know so you have the greatest amount of time to find another keeper."

"Thank you for telling me." Laura says.

"I'll see you down stairs." I say then leave the room and head to my room.

"How'd she take it?" Becky asks from Kelley's bed as Amy and Christen sit on my bed.

"She was shocked." I say as I gather all of my stuff. "Bus is here by the way."

Everyone gathers there stuff then we all head down stairs to the lobby. When we get to the lobby we load on to the bus then we get driven to Providence Park. After we get to Providence Park we walk to the locker room and when we get into the locker room I place my stuff in my locker, put on my hoodie and headphones, then put the hood on my head and head out onto the field. Once on the field I walk to the center spot and look around the stadium for one song then I walk off the field and head to the locker room.

After I get back to the locker room I head to my locker which is next to Corsie's.

Abby graciously switched numbers with me so I'm now number 1.

When I get to my locker I changeout of my street clothes and put on my lime green undershirt, my warm up shirt, game shorts, then I start taping my hands. After I finish taping my hands I sit in my locker then Kelley comes over and sits in my lap. I then run my fingers through her for a minute, put her hair into a pony tail, then I put my hands out in front of my twin.

"What color today?" Corsie asks as Kelley picks out her fingernail polish colors.

"Red." Kelley says then starts painting my nails.

I rest my head on Kelley's back and listen to her heart beat as she completes our pregame routine.

"Alright I'm done." Kelley says minutes after she started so I wrap my arms around my twin and hug her.

"Love you Kelloggs." I say.

"Love you Strides." Kelley says.

After our hug the team heads out to stretch and warm up.

Some time later the team finishes warming up so we head back into the locker room and I change into my lime green keepers kit. Once everyone's dressed Laura does her speech then the starters head to the tunnel and I stand in line behind Becky.

A few minutes later we walk out of the tunnel and onto the pitch then we stand for the anthems. After the anthems finish we take a picture of the lineup then Becky goes for the coin toss. Seconds later Becky comes over and we do our team huddle then everybody heads to their position.

"You ready?" Kelley asks as we walk to our goal.

"Yep." I say.

"Kick ass." Kelley says and smacks my butt.

I continue walking towards my goal, which is in front of the Rose City Riveters. When I get to my goal I hang my towel in the net, put the water bottle in the net, then face up field

I can't wait for this game to be over.

- - - - -

"Kels you have the room to yourself tonight." I say as I put on my street clothes.

I had one of the best games of my life and kept all 19 of the Thorns shots out of goal. Gunny scored off a header in the last minute of extra time giving us the 1-0 win and moving us up to second place and moving us within 2 points of the Thorns. 

"Good thing Hope's here." Christen teases.

"Where are you going?" Corsie asks.

"Think about it Corsie." Kelley says.

"Oh right." Corsie says as I gather all of my stuff together. "Hot date with a certain thorn player."

"See you in the morning." I say and leave the locker room.

Once out of the locker room I see Tobin waiting for me so I smile at the beautiful woman.

"Hey Boo Bear." I say with a smile

"Hello beautiful." Tobin says and pecks my lips. "Ready?"

"Mhmm." I say.

Tobin grabs one of my bags before we head to her car then we put my stuff in the trunk and head to Tobin's house. Once at Tobin's house we put my stuff in Tobins room then we cook dinner and eat it. After both Tobin and I are full we clean up the kitchen then head to the living room.

"How do you ride that?" I question and point to Tobin's penny board.

"Wanna learn?" Tobin asks and I nod. "Come on."

Tobin grabs her board then we walk outside and head to the drive way. I then stand on the board and try not to fall off.

"Don't let me fall." I say.

"I won't." Tobin says with a smile and holds my hand. "We'll take it nice and slow."

"Okay." I say.

Tobin slowly walks with me down the driveway and halfway down the driveway my girlfriend lets go off my hands. I continue riding down the driveway then turn towards the grass and fall into it to stop myself.

"We need to work on your stopping, but you did really good." Tobin says with a smile.

"We can do that later." I say and get off the ground. "Right now I just wanna fall asleep with you in my arms...if that's okay with you."

"I'd like that." Tobin says with a smile. "I'd like that a lot."