63

Astrid's POV

"Baby they're ready for you." Tobin says.

"Okay." I say and take her hand. "Have I ever mentioned how beautiful you are?"

"Everyday." Tobin says while blushing.

"Well that's not enough." I say then lean down and kiss my wife. "You are the most beautiful woman in the world."

"You should see my view." Tobin says and bites her lip.

"We should probably stop before we miss this press conference."

"Fine." Tobin groans.

The two of us walk down from our room and head to the media room. Tobin goes and joins the team while I stand off to the side with four ladies.

"Please welcome the new US Women's National team head coach...Astrid Heath."

When that's announced I hear some gasps then camera's start flashing as I walk onto the podium. I pose for some pictures then sit down next to Kate Markgraf along with my coaching staff.

"We will now open the floor to questions." Kate Markgraf says.

"Why did you decide on Astrid as the next Head coach?"

Mrs. Markgraf then explains why she chose me and I kinda tune out.

"Astrid you're joined on stage by some of your former teammates will they be apart of your coaching staff?"

"Yes." I say. "When they retired and I knew I was going to be hired as the head coach, they were my first calls for staff."

"What positions on your staff?"

"Ali will be my Assistant coach, Ashlyn will be the goalkeeping coach, and Carli and Becky will be coaches as well."

"Why so many?"

"For us to keep our position as the best in the world, I believe that we need each and every one of these women up here. They all have years of experience in the national team set up and they all know exactly what I want from this team."

"Is your relationship with Tobin going to affect the way you pick the team."

"Absolutely not." I say. "I am going to pick the best 11 players. If my wife is in that 11 it's because she deserves to be there."

"Is you being the head coach going to affect your relationship with Tobin?"

"No. Her and I leave soccer talk at the field and don't bring it up no matter what."

After that answer multiple hands shoot up.

"Okay as much as I love my wife and talking about her can we please talk about anything else." I say causing most of the hands to go down.

"Astrid are you excited for the new teams joining the NWSL?" Someone asks.

There are three new teams joining the league to bring the number of teams to 14. One of the new teams is the Cincinnati Cyclones, which Rose is joining. Another new team is the Colorado Blizzard who Mal and Lindsey are joining since the team is in Denver. The last new team is the Los Angeles Knights which Kelley is going to be joining along with Alex and Christen which is great for them since they get to be together and not have to live apart anymore during the season.

"I am." I say. "It'll be good to have more competition in the league and It'll be fun to watch how the new teams preform in this league."

"Do you worry about the amount of women on your coaching staff?"