17

Astrid's POV

Today is a relaxed day since we play France tomorrow and everyone is chilling in the team room while watching the England v Norway quarter final. My girlfriend and I are stretched out together on one of the many couches in front of the tv.

As the game is about to start I get a call.

"Hi is this Astrid?"

"Depends who's asking"

"My name's Denise Reddy from Sky Blue"

"Hi?"

"I'm calling to see if you've decided where you want to play"

"I'm kinda in the middle of a tournament."

"Right. Well I just wanted to call and say Sky Blue are interested in signing you."

"Isn't Kailen Sheridan your number one?" I ask getting the attention of everyone especially Carli.

"She is, but competition never hurt anyone."

"If you don't mind me asking what position did you play?"

"Center back."

"Okay so competition for outfield players may be a good thing, but for a goalkeeper competition does nothing but hinder your success."

"What?"

"Okay you know who David de Gea is right?"

"Yeah?"

"Well when he got to United in 2011 he wasn't what he is today, but the coaches there kept playing him and he got to where he is today."

"And what does that have to do with Kailen?"

"Kailen is going to be an insane keeper for you if you stick with her and with me only playing for 3 more years at the most I would be hindering her development so thank you for your interest, but no thank you." I say then hang up.

After I hang up I put out a tweet that basically says leave me the fuck alone I'm trying to win a World Cup.

"That sounded like a fun phone call." Kelley says.

"I don't understand why coaches feel the need to call during a World Cup."

"So Sky Blue wanted you?" Carli asks.

"Yeah."

"Who else wants you?" Tobin asks.

"Washington, Utah, and Seattle." I say.

"Have you made a decision yet?" Kelley asks.

"Yep."

"And?"

"Check each of your clubs social media's." I say.

All the girls except the Pride and Red Stars girls check their phones.

"YOU SIGNED WITH UTAH?" My twin yells.

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Well after your keeper blew her knee out they called me and offered me a spot."

"Ooh we're gonna be so good." Christen says then she high fives Kelley.

A goal in the game pulls all of our attentions away from the conversation at hand.

As we are watching the game I notice Tobin flexing her feet.

"You alright?" I whisper then kiss my girlfriend's head.

"My feet've been killing me since the Spain game." Tobin whispers.