92

Astrid's POV

"I'm gonna go talk to the family members now." I say.

"Okay." Ali says and nods knowing what I need to discuss with them about.

I leave the team meeting room and walk down the hall to where all the family members are meeting before they head to the stadium then I enter the room.

"Hey Astrid." Mom says.

"Hi Mom." I say and hug her and the rest of my family along with Tobin's family then I stand in front of everybody. "So there's something we need to tell you."

"We?" Christen's dad says.

"US Soccer."

"Ah." Christen's dad says then I take a deep breath.

"All of you know we are playing North Korea in our last group game tonight right?" I ask and everyone nods. "Okay...an hour ago I was informed that the North Koreans may try to hurt either the players or one of you."

"Like the players may try to hurt our daughters?" Mal's dad asks.

"No." I say. "Apparently Kim Jong-un wants to attack America and he see's this as a perfect opportunity.

"Oh my god." Katie says.

"When you get to your seats you will notice a group of men sitting on your left, your right, and behind you. These men are private security we have hired to protect you. FIFA knows about this situation and has already beefed up security. Now everyone will be in plain clothes as not to worry the public, but I wanted to let you guys know what is going on." I say

I look around the room and everyone is shocked and nervous.

"If you don't want to come to the game then I will tell your daughter the reason you aren't in attendance...we aren't suppose to tell the team, but I will be telling them at the stadium before the match."

"Are you sure it's safe to play?" Mr. Horan asks.

"If it wasn't 100 percent sure then I'd forfeit the game." I admit. "Our lives are more important than a game."

Everyone seems to be okay so I take my mom and Tobin's mom off to the side

"We're bringing the twins to the game so if possible can I hand them off to you during warmups again?"

"Of course." Cindy says.

"Thank you." I say and sigh.

"Are you okay?" My mom asks.

"I just want this game to be over. Not only do I have to worry about beating the Koreans, but I also have to worry about protecting you guys, the twins, and the team."

"We'll be fine." Mom says then she hugs me.

Cindy hugs me as well then I leave the room as the team is heading towards the bus.

"Here ya go." Tobin says and hands me my bag.

I put my bag on my back, take Kasey from my wife, then follow her onto the bus. Once on the bus I sit next to Tobin in silence as we ride to the stadium. When we get to the stadium everyone gets off the bus, heads to the locker room, changes into their warm up clothes, then the team does their warm ups.

While the team does their warm ups I gather my daughters and their diaper bags then I head over to the friends and family section.

"Hi." I say as I pass my daughters of to their grandparents.

"Everything will be okay." My Mom says.

I shrug my shoulders then turn around and head to the locker room and prepare my speech for what I need to say to the team.