26

Astrid's POV

"It's a hundred degrees out so be wary of the heat." Dawn says as everyone does their last minute preparations.

Today's our first game of the victory tour and we are playing England in Orlando and in a couple of days we'll play them again in Salt Lake City. England is hosting the 2021 European Championships so they have to play friendlies for the next year or so since they don't have to qualify.

Jill is giving Ash the start since this is her hometown.

A couple minutes later myself and the rest of the subs head to the bench and wait for the game to start.

The first 70 minutes of the game are very entertains with both team peppering the goal, but the score remains 0-0.

In the 71st minute as I'm watching the game I notice my twin not moving like she's supposed to. Suddenly Kelley collapses so I grab my water bottle and a towel and bolt of the bench.

"STOP." The fourth official yells.

"FUCK OFF." I shout back and continue running towards my twin.

As I sprint towards my twin I douse my towel in water to try and create a cold towel. When I get to my twin I kneel by her head and lay the towel over Kelley's face then spray water all over her body.

"Come on Kels." I say when I see her eyes are closed. "You gotta wake up."

The whole US medical staff arrive and hand out towels to the players.

"Make a wall." Dawn commands.

The 10 US players do as commanded and make a wall with the towels, effectively blocking any camera of getting a good look at Kelley while also creating shade over her.

"Astrid help me get her out of her kit." Someone says.

I do as told and get Kelley out of her kit so she's just in her sports bra and training shorts, at least I think that's what they're called.

"Astrid the paramedics are coming you gotta move." Dawn says then she looks at me. "She'll be okay."

I sigh, but move out of the way. I then catch sight of the ref so I briskly walk over to her.

"This is your fucking fault." I say and tower over the ref. "It's a hundred fucking degrees out and you aren't going to give them a damn hydration break. What kinda fuck shit is that?"

"Astrid." Someone says and tries to pull me away.

"She could've died." I seethe then push the ref over and get right in her face. "And it would've been all your fault."

The other field refs arrive along with Tobin, Ali, and Alex who push me away from the ref. The main referee approaches me and shows me a red card.

"Fuck off you dumb bitch." I say.

Tobin points behind me so I look that way and see the paramedics wheeling Kelley into the tunnel. I sprint towards the tunnel, but I'm stopped by the fourth official who starts shouting at me.

Right before I blow up at the ref Jill separates us and pulls me away.

"Astrid..." Jill says, but I cut her off.

"I don't fucking care that I got a red card and probably a few match suspension." I angrily say. "That was my sister and I can do, would do, and will do everything in my power to make sure Kelley, you, Christen, or anybody on this team is safe. I could give a damn about playing again. All of you are like family to me and I'll be damned if I let anything happen to any of you."