Everything starts with a letter

It was early in the morning when Yuri was woken up by an uncomfortable weight on his chest. He slowly opened his eyes, meeting a cat's green ones. The cream coloured cat that was sitting on top of him, carefully watched his every movement. Yuri recognised it as his cat Puma Tiger Scorpion or short Potya. It jumped off of him once Yuri moved a little to get into a more comfortable position. "Potya come back!" he called, but it was pointless. Potya left anyway, leaving Yuri behind. He groaned, stood up, and followed the cat downstairs, where one of his dads was preparing food in the kitchen. Potya was also in the kitchen, drinking water from one of his bowls.

"Good morning Yurio. Did you sleep well?" his silver haired father asked him from the living room. As always, the man's good mood was radiating off of him. It was almost blending and the opposite of how the boy felt in the morning.

"Don't call me that old man." was the only answer he received, as Yuri continued his way to the kitchen.

"Yuuri!" the man whined, dragging the 'i' out in 'Yuuri', "Why is our son so mean?"

It was almost routine. Yuri was never in a good mood in the morning and would call his fathers something mean, if they talked to him. One of them learned from it and gave him his peace in the mornings, while the other seemed to never learn his lesson.

The man in the kitchen softly giggled in response. Once their son would reject Victor's friendly attempts of conversation with some kind of insult, Victor would always complain.

"He is so mean." Victor repeated sulking. He wanted more of Yuuri's attention, who seemed to be too busy with preparing breakfast. The man walked over to the kitchen and hugged Yuuri from behind.

"Eww, stop flirting old man! And pig, what are you making for breakfast?" Yuri asked, sticking his tongue out in disgust. Both of his parents turned around with smiles on their faces.

"We're have pancakes today." Yuuri answered, ignoring his son's bad mouth. He started getting out the plates, cups, and cutlery to set the table.

Breakfast seemed to be no different from any other day. Vitor and Yuuri talked about what Yuri would call 'adult stuff', while he tried to finish his food as fast as he could to play with Potya. As soon as he was done Yuri grabbed Potay and went back to his room. He closed the door so that the cat wouldn't be able to escape again. Some time passed before he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in." Yuri called, looking up to see who interrupted his play session with Potya. Unfortunately, it was only Victor, who was standing in the door frame with a letter in his hand.

"We need to talk. Do you remember that we told you your biological parents were wizards, just like me?" his dad asked with a slightly sad face.

"Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything and why are you mentioning it right now? You haven't told me anything about my biological parents besides that." the blond boy replied confused. It was a topic they usually avoided talking about.

"Well, I also told you about Hogwarts and the possibility that you might be a wizard, didn't I?" Victor continued asking, ignoring his son's questions.

"Yes you did, but I still don't get it. Why are we talking about that right now? Pig doesn't like you talking about magic at home." the blond commented. His knowledge about the wizarding world was next to nothing, due to the fact that Yuuri was a muggle and magic was not something Victor used outside of his work.

Victor sighted, handing Yuri the letter, which he obviously didn't want to give to him. Yuri's eyes widened as he read the words on it; 'Hogwarts acceptance letter'. He ripped the envelope open in a matter of seconds, took out the letter, and carefully read it.

After he was done reading, Yuri looked up to his dad and asked, "Does that mean I am a wizard too?"

Victor nodded "Are you happy about it? Hogwarts is far away. You won't be able to live with us anymore, if you decide to go there. I'm sure there is something I can do to let you stay in a regular school."

Even though Yuri was mean to both of his parents, he still loved them dearly. He didn't show it, but he was thankful that they adopted him. The mere thought of living apart from them scared him, but at the same time it excited him more than he thought it would. "I want to go to Hogwarts and don't think that I would miss an old man such as you or the stupid pig." Yuri said determined.

His dad smirked at that, replying, "Very well, looks like you'll be going to Hogwarts after the summer break. By the way, we know you will miss us. You just don't want to admit it, right Yurio?"

Before Yuri could counter with something mean in return, Yuuri joined them. Although he was a muggle, he knew about witches and wizards. This was mainly because his husband was one. Without saying a word, he walked to his son, and hugged him tight. Yuri squealed in discomfort and his dad let go of him. "I can't believe you will leave us so soon." he said, holding back tears. Yuuri did not expect his soon to leave at such a young age. Even the possibility of it didn't feel real. But as a parent he always wanted the best for his child, which in this case was Hogwarts.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Hi, this is my first fanfiction ever. I hope you'll enjoy it and I'm kind of excited about working on this. If there are any mistakes or something that sound stupid please tell me (English is not my first languages). I'll be happy about any kind of feedback