Fourth Year part 5

Yuri and Minami came to Hagrid as soon as their lessons ended. Hagrid wasn't there yet so they waited there in an awkward silence for a while until Minami started talking highly motivated as always "Hey Yuri how have you been?".

"We haven't seen each other for one day so what do you think? Nothing changed stupid" Yuri replied annoyed.

"Come on Yuri why do you hate me? We are a team remember?" the younger squeaked.

"I don't hate you. I just don't particularly like you" the blond explained.

"That is the same. Look I like you. You are cool and we both like beast. So please at least try to get to know me and maybe we can even become friends because we'll have to spend a lot of time together" Minami pleaded.

Yuri smiled a little at Miami's attempt of trying to be his friend "Okay I try".

"And don't call me stupid" the smaller added with sparkles in his eyes.

"Oh you two are already here" Hagrid said when he came out of the forest "Today's plan is that you will learn more about your dragon. After that is done we will choose a place where you two will raise your dragon. It will grow a lot and the cage will be too small soon".

The boys followed Hagrid into the forest and soon arrived at the cage. The other dragons were moved already.

"Your dragon is a very dangerous one.  Swedish  Short-Snouts are not that big but they still have a flame that can reduce bones to ashes in a matter of seconds. Although this dragon can kill humans easily it has fewer human killings than other dragons. That is only because of its preference to live in uninhabited mountain areas though. The good thing is that it is still young so you can raise it and hopefully it grows found of you two. That dragon will be something like your pet, a very dangerous pet. You will raise it and it will hopefully think of you as family. You also have to teach it to listen to some orders so that you can stop your dragon at any point during the next Triwizard Tournament..." Hagrid continued telling them how to raise the dragon, what and how much it eats and many more. When he was done he asked for questions.

"I have one. Can we name him or is it a her" Minami asked.

"Yes you can and it's a male dragon. Please think of a name later" Hagrid answered.

They then decided on a place to move the dragon to. It was near the lake where students weren't  allowed to go to. Also the dragon was hidden with a spell so that it was impossible to find it. At least for those who didn't  know about it.

"You two will come here after school and stay here until it gets late. I will feed him in the morning but you will do the rest. If you will have any problems or question please ask me any time and I will check up on you every Sunday. An experct in this field will visit us every two months. His name is Charlie Weasley and he worked with dragons in Romania" Hagrid added.

They decided to name the dragon Agape and did a really  good job with taking care of him. He already followed some of their commands after a few weeks and could already stop doing everything he did when they told him to.

Minami and Yuri became good friends and Yuri didn't feel bored anymore. The only bad thing was that he rarely talked with Otabek and after some time they stopped talking at all. Otabek was busy with school work and Quidditch and Yuri was busy with Agape.

It was Halloween and Hogwarts was decorated with pumpkins and candles. Everyone was in a good mood and it was Otabek's birthday. Yuri looked around Hogwarts and hoped to find his best friend.

He saw Ash and Eiji on his way out and noticed that Ash who normally looked like a very cool guy was strangely terrified of something. Eiji tried to calm him down but failed because Ash was still visibly nervous. When he passed them he heard parts of their conversation "... Ash pumpkins can't harm you...".

Yuri smirked when he realized that the thing that terrified someone as fearless as Ash was a mere pumpkin. The boys noticed Yuri and started walking alongside him and asking him things about Agape. They were really carefull not to mention the word dragon though because that was still a secret. They also told him that they named their own dragon Shorter.

They walked out and heard some people argue. As they walked closer and could understand more of the things the people were saying, Yuri felt his blood boil.

"Altin you stupid homo want me to beat you up more? Maybe I can beat you to normality you freak" someone said.

"Jasper hit him harder. Look he is still standing" another voice said.

The three of them rushed to Otabek and the crowd started panicking when they saw Ash. "That's Ash we have to get away" someone screamed.

"Shit, hurry up let's run" some else screamed. Yuri knew that there were some bad rumours about Ash but he seemed like a nice guy to him. Some people said that he was someone you shouldn't mess with because he likes to beat up people. Others said that he was an very aggressive person who was often involved into fights.

"Relax" the guy who was probably Jasper said "What is this? Do you three want me to beat you up too. Correct me if I'm wrong but all of you are like this disgusting bastard Altin right? Does one of you seriously think that I am afraid of some homos. You should be burned in hell".

"Shut up Jasper. You shouldn't make fun of other people's sexuality" Ash said and hit him. After that the two started fighting and cursing each other with spells until some teachers came to stop them. By then both were bleeding and it looked like Ash broke some of Jasper's bones. Meanwhile Eiji and Yuri tried to help Otabek. Both knew that they shouldn't get involved in that fight and Ash was perfectly fine on his own.

Some time after that Yuri, Otabek, Ash, Eiji and Jasper were sitting in the infirmary. McGonagall was scolding Jasper and from what it looked like he would be suspended for at least half a year. Ash, Otabek and Jasper were hurt so they waited for the nurse to treat their wounds while Yuri and Eiji accompanied Otabek and Ash.

"I'm so sorry that this happened" Yuri said while he hugged Otabek.

"Yura don't be it isn't your fault" Otabek ressured him and patted his head.

"If I hadn't provoked those bitches, they might have kept silent about those rumours" the blond said with some tears rolling down his cheeks. Why was he alway in Otabek's way?

"Don't cry it's fine also who is this Ash guy" the Kazakh boy asked in hope that they could change the topic.

"Oh Ash and Eiji are both taking part in the beast project and they're both seventh years. I don't know much about them but they are very nice" Yuri answered. He calmed down a bit and sat next to Otabek. His head was resting on Otabek's shoulder.

"I have to thank him" the brown haired boy said and stood up carefully. Yuri followed him to where Ash and Eiji were.

"Thank's for your help Ash" Otabek said and reached out a hand.

Ash shook Otabek's hand and answered "You don't have to thank me. Jasper did something wrong so beating him up was nothing special.  Also it felt kind of refreshing since he is always moking people because of their race or sexuality".

"I didn't know that you two are in a romantic relationship" Yuri noted.

Eiji blushed at that while Ash chuckled "We aren't. The two of us are just very close friends but some people think that we are in a romantic relationship because I am bi".

When Otabek and Yuri left the infirmary and went to their favourite spot the younger quietly said "Happy Birthday Beka and I am sorry that your sixteenth birthday was shitty like this. It must be the worst birthday ever".

"It's fine. The most important thing is that I can spend some time with my best friend again" the older replied.

The two of them stayed there for a while and it felt very relaxing to just sit there after such an awful day.

Luckily that was the only bad incident that happened. The time flew by very fast and soon the Christmas holidays were about to start. Yuri was very excited and even though he knew that he would miss Agape he really looked forward to seeing Otabek everyday.