Fifth Year part 7

"Welcome back to those who left over the holidays. Let's all keep on working hard. As I alread promised, I will give the participants a tip on how to open the egg. You need the right time and location for it. If you really want it to open, it will. To know the right place and time you need to learn more about the egg itself. Feel free to ask the guys from Durmstrang's beast project about it. You may be lucky if you ask the right questions. You can also ask the guys from Hogwarts beasts project but they are not specialised on other beasts than dragons and you don't need to know anything about dragons for the egg to open" Chris smiled and scratched his head "Uh I feel like I told you too much."

Yuri and Otabek waited for the others to leave and then left themselves. It was always hard to go out first because most of the students were pushing each other at the front. Also the corridors were less crowded after waiting for a while. The boys were heading towards Yuri's and Minami's room when Otabek asked "It seems like it is all about griffins. I mean the egg is a griffin egg so we probably need to know more about them. How much do you know about them?"

"Actually everything and if there is someting that I don't know I'd like to know it. So I can do some extra research if my knowledge is not enough" the blond answered smiling.

"Thanks you're the best" Otabek said happily.

Back in the room they both noticed that something or rather someone was missing. "Where is Minami?" Otabek asked and sat down at the table.

"I don't know. Maybe he is with that girl again" Yuri replied and sat down next to his boyfriend.

"The one he was dancing with?" the brown haired boy asked.

"Yes her name was Claire or something like that" Yuri replied coldly, clearly showing his lack of interest in the girl.

"Whatever let's talk about the egg. What could Chris have meant with the time and location?" Otabek asked and Yuri's eyes lit up.

"The place must be someting with water and the time" he stopped and thought for a while "as far as I know the only important time for griffins is full moon. The griffins lay eggs there which mostly hatch a few months later on full moon too."

"Perfect, the next full moon is tomorrow and there is a lake outside the castle" Otabek said and thought for a moment "But what has he meant with 'If you really want it to open, it will'."

"Maybe you just need to bring it there and wish for it to open. This is just a theory, let's try it and if it doesn't work we can think of something new" Yuri said.

"You're right. Let's try it" the older replied and they met at the lake on the night of full moon.

"Should I put it in the water?" Otabek asked.

"Yes and then wish for it to crack" Yuri replied when they sat down at the lake. The small waves touched their feet with cold water. Otabek put the egg down and thought about how much he wanted it to crack. Nothing happened at first and after about five minutes they wanted to give up but then it happend. The moon came out of the dark clouds and the lake begann to shine. Suddenly the egg began to hover over the water and slowly cracked. Otabek caught it and opened the rest of it. In it was a small key.

"You did it!" Yuri exclaimed and hugged his boyfriend exited.

"No, we did it" Otabek replied. They walked back to Yuri's room where the box was. Minami was also there and asked "What is that key for?"

"We opened the egg and now we want to open the box" Yuri explained and they all sat down around the box.

"How did you do that?" the Japanese asked excited.