Christmas holidays

"Yuri I haven't seen you in a while" a nurse said as she came in to Otabek's room.

It took Yuri a second to remember her name but when he did he answered "Hi Lucia, I was in school and they only let us leave during the holidays."

"Can I sit over there?" she asked and Yuri nodded. "Did you miss him?"

"More than anything else" he paused for a while and then looked at the nurse "Why isn't he waking up? It's been about half a year and nothing changed. What if he won't wake up anymore?"

"Well, we still don't know why he is in this state. We ran some test on him and the weird thing is that he seems absolutely fine. There is nothing wrong with him and that's why we can't explain his coma" the nurse explained.

Yuri didn't say anything else after that. He kept starring at Otabek in hope that something would change any minute but it didn't. Lucia left after 10 minutes because she had to finish her routine.

A few hours later he heard a knock on the door. "Yuri I know you want to stay here all the time but we miss you. Please come home" Yuuri said.

"Otabek needs me and you would do the same if it was Victor" the blond boy replied.

"Okay fine but you have to stay at home on Christmas. Did you eat something?" the ebony haired man asked worried. Yuri shook his head.

"I thought so. Here, I brought you pirozhki" Yuuri said and handed Yuri a box.

"Can I stay here for a while?" the man asked and his son nodded "We haven't talked much lately and I want that to change. I know that all of this is hard for you but I'm here for you and Victor is too."

Yuri remained silent. He wanted to be with Otabek alone but he couldn't throw his dad out after not seeing him for over half a year.

"You should eat the pirozhki" Yuuri said and looked at the box "And it would be nice of you to at least say something."

"Like what?" Yuri asked and reached out to the box. He wanted to do as his dad said so that he would leave as soon as possible.

"I don't know" the ebony haired man thought for a moment and then smiled "How is school going?"

"Fine" Yuri replied while chewing on one of the pirozhki.

"Fine? Well, you could say something more than that" Yuuri said and hoped that his son would talk.

"There is not much to say about it. It's boring and Otabek is not there. Most of my friends left last year and I'm not talking to two of three that are left. That's all can you go now?" he asked. Yuri wanted to be nice to his dad but in his eyes Yuuri was annoying and he was not as patient as he hoped he'd be.

"Can't we at least try to talk? Please just ten minutes" the man pleaded and Yuri nodded annoyed "What happened between you and your friends?"

"Does it matter?" the blond asked. For him it didn't. Why would he care about friends that he was never too close with in first place?

"Normally people feel hurt when they lose their friends. Are you hurt?" his dad asked in return.

"Are you some kind of psychiatrist?" Yuri sighted and then continued "No, actually I feel nothing. Leo and Guang Hong were always close. I was spending more time with our other friends anyway and now that they are a couple it's kind of natural for them to be even closer."

"It's nice of you to be happy for them" Yuuri said.

"N-No I never said that I'm happy for them" Yuri replied blushing.