Fifth Year part 8

After over half a year of staying in France it was finally time to say good bye. All the students were eating in the dining hall for the last time when Chris stood up and cleared his throat to get their attention. It worked and the students stopped talking and looked at Chris "It was a fun time hosting you and I hope all of you learned something from this experience. You may have made new friends for life or got to know new people from other countries and learned more about other cultures. Please treasure all those memories and look forward to more international projects between our lovely schools."

After Chris finished his speech and the students were done eating they left the dining hall. Most of the students stayed up until late at night to spent some more time with friends from other schools.

The next day they had kind of a brunch. Everyone could decide when they want to eat and most French students used this opportunity to sleep longer. The students from Hogwarts and Durmstrang had to wake up earlier though because they were leaving at 10 AM.

Yuri and Otabek finished their breakfast and sat outside in the beautiful garden for a last time when they heard someone call their names. The boys turned around and saw Audrey and Maxim walking towards them.

"Hey Otabek, did you want to leave without saying goodbye to us?" Audrey said and sat down to them.

"Sorry" Otabek replied emotionless.

"You two are no fun. Why can't you show more emotions" the blond girl said and looked at Otabek and Maxim "I wanted to talk to you two. We have experienced so much this year and even though we were rivals at first, we are friends now. Isn't it amazing?"

"I guess" Maxim replied. It was obvious that Audrey wanted more reply or reaction than just a simple 'I guess'.

"Yuri could you leave us alone for a while? Please?" Audrey asked nice.

"I'm not going because you asked me. I'm going because you're a bitch" the younger said and stood up.

"How can you have a crush on him? I mean you're so different. You are calm and polite and he is angry and rude" Audrey said annoyed when Yuri couldn't hear their conversation anymore.

"He is cute when he is angry" Otabek said and blushed a bit.

After half an hour Otabek came back to Yuri who was talking to Minami.

"So what did you talk about?" Yuri asked curious.

"Nothing important. We just talked about our experiences during the Tournament and things we want to do after school is over" Otabek replied.

"But didn't you say you haven't decided on anything yet?" the blond asked confused.

"I haven't, but I listened to them and hoped that it would help me" Otabek explained and took Yuri's hand in his.

"Did it help?" Yuri asked and looked down at their intertwined hands.

"Sadly no" the other said.

A few hours later they got onto their flying ship and waved to all the students that were there to say goodbye to them. They called things like "We'll miss you" and "Come again" which the group from Hogwarts found very sweet.

The trip back was about the same as the trip to France with the exception that there were no dragons on board and the students weren't as excited as they were before. Yuri and Otabek snuggled up in some cabin while most of the others were plying truth or dare.

When they arrived at Hogwarts there were a lot of students waiting for them. They yelled and clapped when they saw them and congratulated Otabek on winning the Tournament for them. He got even more popular than he was before.

After the 'wining the Tournament excitement' was over most things got back to the way they were before. Otabek had to study a lot because of the final exams and Yuri had more freetime because there was no dragon he had to take care of. Now they both noticed how much they actually missed Hogwarts. Leo and Guang Hong were also happy to see them again and they told them loads of storys from their time at Beauxbatons. Therefore Leo and Guang Hong told them storys about what they've missed in Hogwarts. They also missed Hogsmead. It was the perfect place for dates and they loved to go there together.

Yuri's favourite time of the year was spring. It got warmer and there were beautiful flowers everywhere. The birds also begann to sing and the atmosphere was calming.

Yuri's birthday was also in spring. On the first of May to be exact. That was his favourite thing about spring. He never really liked his birthdays because of the attention he got from everyone but since he met Otabek it changed. He loved getting more attention from him and was always happy to see what his friends planned for him.

Sadly his birthday was on a tuesday which meant they had lessons that day. Because of that his friends couldn't prepare something big. They all gave him small presents and ate cake with him. Yuri still liked it though because he got to spent most of the day with Otabek.

After more lessons and final exams for Otabek it was time to end the year. Both boys knew that their time together in Hogwarts was over. Yuri would return in the next year but Otabek wouldn't. He would start working somewhere or do something else.

He couldn't concentrate on the yearly ceremony at all and only heard bits of it "... we achieved so much this year like winning the Triwizard Tournament ... goodbye to the seventh years ... Hufflepuff with 136 points .... and the winner is Gryffindor with 196 points ..." At some point the speech was over. Yuri didn't notice when though. After that there was a bit of time until all of them had to get out to the Hogwarts Express. Yuri walked alongside Otabek but was unusually quite.

"Yuri what is it?" Otabek asked and looked at Yuri who just ignored the question "You've been awfully quite the whole time. If there is someting on your mind than please tell me about it."

"I just think that it will be weird to be here without you and you haven't decided on what you want to do after school. There is just so much I'm thinking about right now. I probably shouldn't be that worried because it isn't even my future but I can't stop thinking about you leaving and doing your own thing" the blond replied.

"I will still love you and after two years we can be together again. Besides you can visit me during your holidays" Otabek said with a smile "You will be the first person to know what my plan is when I find it out myself."

Both sat down in the Hogwarts Express and smiled sadly. Soon a new year would start but the two of them wouldn't be together all the time. At least they had each other for the moment. Yuri fell asleep in Otabek's arms and was woken up by him when they arrived at King's Cross station where Victor and Yuuri were already waiting for him.