Summer holidays 3

Yuri was the first to wake up. He got up and checked the time on his phone. It was 6:30 AM and Yuri's eyes widened in shock when he realised that work started at 7 AM.

"Shit" Yuri cursed as he ran to his friends' room. He banged on the door until a very gloomy and tired Ash opened it.

"What do you want?" he asked with a displeased expression.

"It is 6:30" Yuri replied in an almost monotone voice. It took Ash a second to proceed the boy's words.

"Oh no" the older whispered before giving Yuri directions for what to do next "Go get ready while I wake up Eiji."

Yuri turned away from Ash and stormed back to his room where he dressed. Then he went to the bathroom to finish his morning routine and it was about 6:50 AM when he was done.

Ash and Eiji were waiting for him at the fireplace. There they gave Yuri a box with familiar looking powder. Eiji looked at the blond who wasn't doing anything with the box "You know how to do this, right? The place where you want to come out is called 'west office of the Romanian dragon preservation'."

The blond boy nodded and grabbed some of the powder. He threw it into the fire and watched the flames turn emerald green. Then he stepped into them and repeated the location Eiji had told him.

Shortly after that he arrived at the office. Yuri stepped out of the fireplace and looked around. The office had many bookcases that were filled with neatly organized books. There were four desks with carefully arranged piles of papers on them. This office was cleaner that Yuri expected, given that this was somewhere in the middle of a forest filled with wild dragons. What surprised Yuri the most was finding a familiar person, he didn't expect to see at all, sitting on one of the chairs with his legs on the clean desk in front of him.

"Charlie doesn't like when you put your legs on the table" Ash said after he came out of the fireplace. Eiji followed a few seconds later.

"Well, I wouldn't be here, doing this, if Charlie would finally agree to meet me" the man replied. Then his eyes shifted to the boy "Hello Yuri! Long time no see. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same. Last time I saw you, you were a teacher" Yuri replied.

"I still am a teacher, which is exactly why I am here" the man replied "But why are you here?"

"Yuri is here on an internship" Ash answered the man's question before turning to Yuri "And Chris is here because he wants some dragons for the lessons at his school. Charlie isn't too happy about it, which is why he tries his best to avoid Chris."

"Isn't it stupid? He should agree to my proposal and support my students' interest in dragons. Am I asking for too much?" Chris questioned dramatically.

"You kind of are asking for too much" Eiji replied with a small smile "Most of our dragons aren't domesticated. They are wild beasts that you can't put into cages for your students' amusement and don't forget that they are dangerous."

"It was okay to use dragons for the Triwizard Tournament but not for class? That's ridiculous" Chris complained.

"Stay however long you want, but we need to work. Don't be a nuisance and shut up. Maybe you should find Chralie instead of wasting your time in the western office. Charlie's office is in the northern building" Ash said and grabbed a pile of papers from one of the desks.

"What are our task for today?" Eiji asked Ash who was skiming through the papers.

"You were requested at the vet's to take care of hurt dragons" Ash handed Eiji a few pages "And I have to recount the hatched dragons."