First Year part 2

Otabek was impressed by Yuri's action. He knew all of them bullied the blond boy every day, yet he still had the strength to stand up for his friend. None of his friends had ever done anything like this before. Though, they also never had a reason to protect him.

This was the moment the older decided that he needed to protect Yuri from those Slytherins. He never really liked them in the first place but they had crossed yet another line when they decided to hurt someone as precious as Yuri.

A few days later he saw Yuri sitting outside with a book and Potya on his lap. He walked towards him with a small smile on his face. It disappeared before he reached the boy. "Hey Yuri, do you want to meet my friends?" he asked calmly.

"Huh? I guess I wouldn't mind meeting them." Yuri replied, putting his book down.

Otabek joined him on the ground, taking Potya into his lap. After talking for a while they decided to meet later. Otabek told Yuri to come to the eastern wing at 4pm.

Yuri left his room before 4pm to be there on time. He was a bit nervous to meet Otabek's other friends for the first time. In fact, he was so nervous that he got lost, resulting in him arriving a few minutes late. He felt slightly embarrassed about it, thinking that their first impression of him will be bad. As soon as he entered the right hallway he saw Otabek talking to a group of students. He hurried towards them.

"Otabek!" he called his friends name to get his attention. Said friend turned around to face him.

"Okay guys, remember when I told you about my first year friend? Well, that's him. Be nice." Otabek said, giving the blond boy an assuring nod.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Leo." a brown haired boy with a bright smile introduced himself. He seemed calm and friendly. His uniform had a yellow tie, showing he was a Hufflepuff.

"Hi. I'm Guang Hong." another Hufflepuff with a cheerful voice said. This one seemed to be close friends with Leo.

"And I am Seung Gil." a black haired Ravenclaw said. He was as monotone as Otabek, but unlike Otabek Seung Gil seemed a little shy.

"My name is Jean Jacques Leroy but you can call me JJ." the last boy introduced himself. He wore the same Gryffindor uniform as Otabek. It didn't even take a minute for Yuri not to liked JJ. He seemed arrogant and narcissistic. As if that wasn't bad enough, he also made a weird pose with his fingers while shouting, "JJ style!" It made Yuri cringe.

"I'm Yuri. Nice to meet you all." he said, looking at Otabek with a 'help me' expression. Meeting so many people at once made him uncomfortable. Especially because all of them were close friends, while the only one he knew was Otabek. Plus, JJ was really weird.

"JJ, Seung Gil and I are third years. The others are second years. Age doesn't really matter in our friendship. Don't feel uncomfortable about being a first year. I hope you all will get along great so we can spend time together." Otabek gazed at his friends, making them understand that they would have to be nice to Yuri or else they would have a problem with him.

Regardless of that they actually got along quite well. At the end of the day Yuri was happy to gain new friends. As time went on, it became easier for Yuri to feel comfortable around them and in school in general.

He almost never spent time with any of the other Slytherins. The only time he saw them was during breakfast, lunch, dinner, class, and in the evening. It sounds like much but it wasn't. They couldn't bully him during class because there was always a teacher around and Yuri tried to avoid them during mealtimes. He finally started liking Hogwarts, or so he thought.

Halloween started like any other day. As always, Yuri woke up early to avoid the other Slytherins. He enjoyed walking through the empty hallways. Then he arrived at the dining hall. Only Otabek and his other friends were there. They knew about the blond boy's situation and tried to help him as much as they could.

After breakfast they spent some time with each other, reading and talking about their classes. Then all of them had to separate for their classes. It was Friday, meaning Yuri had Potions first. After half of the lessons ended they had lunch. Then they had to go back to their classes which ended in the afternoon. Before meeting Otabek and the others Yuri went to his bedroom. There he found a letter on his bed. Confused, he lifted it. Only his own name was written on it. He slowly opened it, reading its content.

"Hey Otabek, Yuri is already over 30 minutes late." Leo pointed out. All of them were sitting on the ground in the eastern wing.

"Now that you mention it, this is very unlike him. I'm going to look for Yuri. See you later guys." Otabek said, before running to the Slytherin sleeping quarters as fast as he could. How did he not notice Yuri's absence for this long? Otabek was worried something bad had happened. Maybe they had bullied him again. What if it was more than just words this time?

On his way there he heard someone cry. He followed the crying to the boy's bathroom. There he found Yuri kneeling on the floor with a letter next to him. Seeing Yuri like this made his heart stop.