Fourth Year part 2

The fourth year started normal, you could also say boring. Nothing happened at all. They all had their own routine which mostly consisted out of studying, meeting up and Qudditch training. Some things changed though. JJ, Seung  Gil and Otabek got busier with their studies since they only had two more years left. Adding to that Otabek also continued playing Quidditch which meant he rarely saw his other friends anymore. Leo and Guang  Hong started to openly show that they are a couple and it was not seldom to see them kissing or holding  hands somewhere.

Yuri on the other hand was often lonely. The only other thing that he did other than studying was Quidditch. All of his friends were occupied with something else so he had to think of something to spend his time with. After a while he started reading even more about beasts. Not beeing able to talk to anybody outside of class for days was very hard on him. Normally he would just go to Otabek but that wasn't a possibility at the moment. At some point he started talking more to his cat than with his friends and that kind of made him change back to the way he was before. He got moody and often yelled at people without a reason.

Luckily for him that would not last forever. Today was one of his favourite days. It was friday and the best thing about friday was that he had care of magical creatures. The lesson was over too fast and he got ready to leave. But before he could do that someone called out to him "Yuri can we talk. There is something I wanted to ask you".

The blond turned around and faced his teacher. Hagrid was actually one of his favourite teachers. Not only did he teach his favourite subject but he also was easy going and very fun to work with. You could really tell that he liked all the beasts. Also he was not a Professor so Yuro didn't had to watch his behaviour as much as he had during his other lessons.

"Sure" Yuri replied and walked back to Hagrid. They both waited until the other students all left and then Hagrid started talking "There will be a special program this year and I wanted to ask you if you'd like to participate. It will be something like this subject but with more exotic and dangerous beasts. Professor McGonagall asked me to chose some student that are interested in taking care of beasts and also show outstanding results. I think you are perfectly suited for that. The only disadvantages for you will be that you will have less spare time and that you will have to quit Quidditch. I'll give you some time to think. Please tell me your decision next week".

"That sounds fun. I'm in" Yuri said almost immediately after getting that offer.

"Tell me that in a week. Please think carefully about it. You should think about the impact of this project" Hagrid replied.

"Fine" the boy said annoyed and rolled his eyes before going back to the castle. He headed to his sleeping quarters but before he could get there someone stopped him. The  blond turned around when he felt someone grabbing his hand and to his surprise it was Otabek. "Can we talk?" Otabek asked and pulled him out of the castle to their favourite place.

"Yura I'm sorry. Although we're both at the same place, we haven't talked for weeks. I really want to spend more time with you" Otabek said.

"It's not your fault. I mean it's not only you. JJ and Seung Gil are really busy  too and that is not a bad thing. JJ is annoying and now I don't have to see him that often isn't that great?" Yuri replied with a hint of  sadness in his voice. Otabek  hugged him and promised "I'll try to spend more time with you. You know it is also hard for me. Not beeing able to talk to you, that is".

"Beka I really missed you" Yuri said while still being hugged by Otabek.

"How have you been?" Otabek asked and sat down under the tree.

Yuri did the same and answered "Fine I guess. I spend a lot of time with Potya and reading books about beasts. Also Hagrid asked me to take part in a project but for that I'll have to quit Quidditch".

"Will you really do that?" Otabek asked. He liked playing against Yuri so that will be something he'll really miss if Yuri quits.

"I think so. I like beasts more than Quidditch anyways. So that is a great opportunity to learn more about them. Only reading about them is not enough" the blond explained.

"It sound like you want to work with beast when you grow up" Otabek concluded and smiled at the thought of it. He always found Yuri's excitement towards beasts cute. When he talked about them his eyes began to shine and you could really tell that he liked beasts a lot.

"Probably. What is with you?" Yuri asked.

"I don't know yet. But I'll probably start working at the Ministry of Magic. It would be nice if I could become an auror but they have high requirements" Otabek answered.

They continued talking until it got very late. At some point they both stood up and left. They walked back in silence but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. "Good night Yura" Otabek said when they arrived at the corridor where they had to go in different directions.

"Good night Beka" Yuri answered with a smile. He walked away and Otabek still stood there for some time before walking away to the Gryffindor sleeping quarters that where in the other direction.