Sixth Year part 1

The next morning Yuri got to the King's Cross station as early as possible. He wanted to get into the Hogwarts Express without his friends noticing him because he was not in the mood to talk to them or act happy when he wasn't happy at all.

He sat in the very last cabin and waited for the train to depart. After that he looked out of the window. There were fields with sheeps and the weather was great but all that didn't cheer him up at all. Yuri tried to fall asleep but then he heard a knock on his door. He looked to the door and saw Ela "Can I join you? I don't know anyone here besides you."

"Sure come in" the blond boy replied. It stayed quiet for a while.

"You look sad. Did you have a fight with Otabek?" Ela asked quietly. It seemed like she was shy all of a sudden.

"Something like that" Yuri replied sad. He knew that she didn't know about Otabek's situation and he didn't want to be the one to tell her.

"Is he not coming home because you two don't like each other anymore? If that's the case, he is probably sad" the girl said.

"I don't think he is sad. Don't worry about him" Yuri answerd with a weak smile.

"If he doesn't want you anymore I can have you!" Ela exclaimed happily.

"No! Ela we didn't break up we just won't see each other for a while" Yuri explained.

The rest of the way Ela tried to find out more about their quarrel while Yuri tried to avoid all of her questions. He was afraid of unintentionally saying something wrong.

When they arrived in Hogwarts their ways separated. Yuri saw her during the enrollment ceremony though. Ela got into Gryffindor just like her brother. After dinner the blond boy wanted to go to his room but Minami stopped him "Yuri where have you been? I couldn't find you in the train."

"I'm not in the mood to talk" the blond responded and continued walking to Slytherin's sleeping quarters.

"Oh, did anything happen?" Minami asked curious.

"Minami I want to be alone" Yuri said annoyed and turned away.

"Did something happen between you and Otabek?" the Japanese boy wanted to know.

"Tgis is none of your business" Yuri said before leaving Minami behind in the corridor.

He started avoiding his friends and after a while they left him alone. Minami was the only one who still tried to talk to him even though all of his attempts failed.

On Halloween Yuri didn't leave his room. This day reminded him of Otabek the most since it was his birthday. Yuri hadn't cried in Hogwarts after the accident but on this day he did. He missed Otabek too much and he felt even more guilty for not being there for him on his birthday. On this day he couldn't think about anything else but Otabek. It felt like he took Otabek away from his family and friends and destroyed his life and dreams.

His parents sent him letters regularly and everytime he received one he opened it as fast as he could in hope that Otabek woke up. Sadly the letters were not about Otabek. It was always Yuuri and Victor wanting to know how he felt and telling him about their life. He rarely replied to them.

Yuri's grades got worse too. He lost his motivation for studying and his condition was bad in general.

One day he sat outside and red a book about beasts when someone sat next to him. "Yuri I want to ask you something" a girl's voice said.

Yuri closed his book and looked at the girl "What is it Ela?"

"Otabek didn't send me letters this year. He always did but now he don't. Did something happened with him because he is also not replying to mine and I am starting to get worried" the young girl explained sad.