Fourth Year part 8

Yuri felt so many feelings at ones. He was confused, irritated, lost and not ready to answer Otabek's question at all. The answer is yes, he could think of them beeing more than friends. That was what he felt anyways. But was Otabek serious or was he just having suspicions that Yuri had feelings for him.

"I was just joking" Otabek then said. Minutes had passed since he asked that question and nobody said a thing. Not then and not after Otabek added the last part.

Yuri started getting angry. Were his feeling just a joke to Otabek. He felt tears starting to blur his vision and looked down. Just a bit and he could run away and finally cry. But before that he had to answer. Yuri took a deep breath and with a slightly shaking voice said "Yes I could".

That was it. He couldn't stop the tears anymore so he stood up and ran away ignoring his friends calling him. Back in his room he snuggled up with Potya and cried. So many thoughts were racing through his head. Did Otabek like him? No, of course not. But he knew about his feelings or else he wouldn't have asked that. Since when? Why did he had to make fun of him in front of everyone? Yuri always knew that their friendship was complicated because of their age gap but Otabek was his best friend. Right he was but now he isn't.

He cried for what felt like hours until someone entered his room. "Yuri what happened? Your roommates told me that you weren't feeling well and that I am the only Slytherin that they know is one of your friends so they asked me to check up on you" Ash said and slowly walked towards Yuri.

"Can I sit down there?" the older pointed next to Yuri and the boy nodded without looking "Do you want to talk about it?"

Yuri didn't answer and Ash didn't ask more. He stayed at Yuri's side, patted his back and waited until the blond came down. That was almost half an hour after the other joined him. Yuri had no tears left. His eyes and throat hurt from crying.

"Here I brought you some water" Ash said and passed Yuri the water that was standing on the floor. Yuri accepted it and drank some of it slowly. He then put the bottle on his nightstand and looked at Ash. His eyes were red and there were dried tears on his face.

"Do you want to talk about it now? You don't have to of course" the older said with a kind smile.

"I'm not sure what to say. You probably remember Otabek do you?" Yuri asked and continued after Ash nodded "I kind of liked him more than a friend. Way more than a friend. But he decided to make fun of my feelings in front of all our friends".

"I don't really know what to say. If you need something just ask me or Eiji. I won't tell him anything but he always notice when people around him feel bad. Also if you want me to beat the crap out of Otabek just ask" Ash said and hugged Yuri.

"Thanks for the offer but don't. Can you just stay here for a while" Yuri asked and Ash nodded.

After that he ignored Otabek. He spent most of his day with Agape and Minami. He didn't talk to Minami though.

_________________________

"Yuri wait, come back" Otabek yelled. He wanted to run after him but tripped and fell. Yuri was too far away to get him now.

"Why have you said that?" JJ asked disappointed. He had followed Otabek and helped him up.

"I'll go to our room. I need time to think" Otabek said before walking away followed by JJ.

Luckily for them their other roommates  were still out. "Do you understand what you have done? " JJ asked.

"He liked me right?" Otabek looked at JJ and even though he gave no answer Otabek understood that he was right. The Kazakh sat down on his bed. He held his head with his hand and tears filled his eyes.

"This is the first time I see you cry" JJ noticed and sat besides Otabek to pat his back.

"He l-liked me all the t-time and I broke h-his heart" Otabek sobbed.

"You have to fix it. Crying won't help. Talk to Yuri and explain yourself" JJ sighted.

"You're right. I have to tell him that I was not making fun of him" the Kazakh said after some time. He had finally calmed down and was highly motivated to find Yuri.

But he couldn't find Yuri. He knew that he was probably somewhere at Hagrid's because of the beast project.  Yuri was avoiding him and he knew it.  One time he saw him but he was around Ash and when he tried to get near to them and explain himself Ash noticed and gave him death glares.

"You still haven't talked to Yuri?" JJ asked. They were both sitting in their room.

"I wanted to but I had no chance. He is avoiding me and I think he told his friends to keep me away from him" Otabek explained.

"Wait he has other friends?" JJ asked confused.

"Of course he has. Those guys from the beast project. What did you think?" Otabek asked back.

"He is so cruel and was only hanging out with us or you to be exact, so I thought he is bad at making friends" JJ explained.

"I don't know what to do" the Kazakh boy said.

"I'm not sure but you probably have to give him some time" JJ replied " Oh and it is almost his birthday"

_________________________

"Yuri you can't ignore me forever. Agape is nervous because it seems like we are hating each other" Minami said and both him and Agape gave him puppy eyes.

"Okay, sorry I won't ignore you anymore under the condition that you won't ask me what happened" Yuri said. He was too weak to Agape and when he did something adorable he couldn't say no.

"That's not fair but fine" Minami replied and both played with Agape.

A few day later it was Yuri birthday. The day that would change everything.