Third Year part 5

After several months of Quidditch training the Quidditch season finally began. The first match was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Ravenclaw's and Hufflepuff's match was right after that. The winners of the two matches will play against each other to decide the first and second place and the losers will play for the third and fourth place.

Yuri was very excited and couldn't  sleep the night before the match. It was his first official match and his opponent was his best friend's team which made it even harder for him. He was eating breakfast and his classmates all wished him luck. It was kind of awkward since he didn't know most of them and just nodded in response.

It felt like the time passed faster than normally which was probably due to his excitement. Soon he was done changing and waited for the match to begin. "Yura" someone called him from behind. He turned around to face Otabek.

"Oh hey Beka" he replied unsure. He didn't know how to act around Otabek today since they were opponents.

"Good luck may the better team win" the brown haired boy said and left to where the rest of his team was. Yuri took a deep breath and did the same. "Yuri this is your first official match I hope you are in good shape. Let's win this match all together" Dave said and the other Slytherin cheered. They all had such a good mood and didn't seem nervous at all.

They all walked out on the field. The team captains shook their hands and the game started. Madam Hooch released the golden snitch and both of the seeker tried to catch it. Yuri was one of them and the other was a tall Gryffindor with brown eyes and hair. He was incredibly fast and for a moment Yuri doubted his abilities as a seeker. But than he thought about his reasons to play and what will happen if he loses. They would probably kick him out of the team and start bullying him again. Yuri got a hold of his thoughts and started concentrating on the match. He was higher than all the other player. Probably about 60 meter above the field. He searched for the golden snitch with no avail. After ten minutes he could hear that Griffindor was leading with 50 points while Slytherin only had 30 points. The chaser flew around like crazy while the beater tried to stop them. Otabek was one of them and from what Yuri saw he very was good at it.

Fifteen more minutes passed and suddenly he saw something small apear about five meters infront of him. Quickly he followed the golden snitch but unfortunately the other seeker noticed it. He started following both Yuri and the golden snitch. Yuri took all his strength together and speeded up to the maximum. He caught the golden snitch and with that the game was over. In the end Slytherin had 210 points and Gryffindor had 90 points. As soon as he landed all of his team mates hugged him and lifted him above their heads. They and the rest of the Slytherin were in a good mood and all of Yuris fears were gone. He really won.

The evinig after the match Yuri was sitting under his favourite tree. It was the place where he and his friends normally met. This time he was all alone though. That changed as he heard someone walk towards him. The blond boy looked up and saw Otabek in front of him. Before he could say anything Otabek started talking "Congratulations Yura".

"Thanks Beka. Are you mad?" Yuri asked unsure of how to act around his best friend right now.

"No of course not why would I?" Otabek answerd with a question and smiled kindly.

"You lost because of me" the smaller boy explained his point of view.

"That's fine. You did your best and I am actually proud of you. It was your first match and you did so well" he praised his smaller friend.

"Thanks" was the last thing Yuri said. Otabek sat down next to him and the smaller boy lay down on his shoulder. He was still tired due to his lack of sleep the night before. After a while he fell asleep and they stayed like this until it got very late and they needed to head back. When it was time to leave Otabek woke Yuri up.