Fourth Year part 3

The week passed by very slowly. Nothing much changed. All of Yuri's friends were still busy with studying or  with one another. Otabek really tried to take more time off and they now saw each other once a day. They couldn't spend a lot of time though because they met in the evenings and always had to head back after a short amount of time or else they would get into trouble.

Today was friday and Yuri was already looking forward to tell Hagrid his decision and finally start the project. The lesson was very interesting. They learned about fire crabs which are originally from Fiji. Hagrid somehow knew someone who had one so they could actually take care of a real one. Not only are those beasts endangered but they also can only be owned by people with a special license. So finding one is very difficult.

"... remember everything I told you because you will have to demonstrate the cleaning of a fire crab's cage next year. To pass it you will have to do that without getting seriously burned" Hagrid finished and with that the lesson was over. Most of the students left as fast as they could while other were taking their time with packing up their things. After about five minutes Yuri and Hagrid were the only ones left.

Hageid looked up to the boy and smiled "So what is your final answer? ".

"I want to participate. I don't care about quitting Quidditch and my friends are all busy right now. As you see there is nothing that could change my mind" Yuri answered.

"Well then we will meet tomorrow at 10 a.m. The others will be there too. I will explain everything tomorrow and give you time to get to know each other" Hagrid said and turned back to the fire crab. Yuri left and read some books in his room. Suddenly he felt weight on his legs and put down the book.

"Potya hey, nice too see you" he looked at the clock and then back at his cat which was purring "It is almost time for me to go. I'm sorry that I cant spend more time with you. I'll meet Otabek in about fifteen minutes and you know that he is very important to me".

Potya looked like he understood nothing at all which no one expected from him anyways since he was a cat. Yuri patted him and told him more about Otabek. He hated to talk about it but he also wanted to. Talking to Potya was the perfect solution since Potya couldn't understand him anyways.

When the fifteen minutes passed he went out to meet Otabek. On his way there he heard some Slytherin girls talk about something and he wanted to just pass them but then he heard that one of them said Otabek. Yuri decided to hide and listen to them. "Such a shame that this Otabek guy is gay" one girl said.

"Yeah he is really handsome but turns out he is just a disgusting son of a bitch. I had a chrush on him once that makes me feel so gross" the other replied.

"How can you love someone who has the same gender as you. That is wrong and gross" the first stated.

"Let's tell Jasper that he is like this you know that he hates homos. He will probably beat him up" the other suggested.

"Jasper is also handsome. Liking him is probably better don't you thi-" before she could finish her sentence Yuri stepped in front of them.

"You shitty bitches. Shut the fuck up and never talk about Otabek like that again" Yuri said while clenching his fists. He really wanted to yell at them but he knew that would only make more problems.

"Now, now look who we have here. Isn't this Otabek's ugly boyfriend? You are a shame for our house" the taller girl said while the other smirked.

"I am no-" Yuri stopped and then continued after a second "our relationship is none of your business.  Go screw yourselves you hags". He ran away and bumped into Otabek on his way out.

"You kind of  keep running into me" Otabek said and reached out his hand for Yuri. When he saw what face Yuri was making he started worrying "what happened?".

With Otabek's help he stood up and they both walked to their tree. "Will you tell me what happened? " Otabek repeated.

"Are you gay?" Yuri asked bluntly.

"Why are you asking? That can't be what bothered you this much. Have you seen the look on your face?" the older asked.

"There are some rumours about you beeing gay. Just answer me you know that I won't judge or hate you. I mean my parents are so you know that you can talk to me about it. Just don't keep secrets from me" the blond boy said.

Otabek took a deep breath and answered "I am gay. Can you now tell what really happened?".

"Some girls talked bad about you. They said thing like that you're disgusting and called you a son of a bitch. That really pissed me off. Then they said that they want to tell some guy named Jasper about it so that he can beat you up. I got really angry and I am also afraid that someone will hurt you" Yuri explained.

"You don't have to worry about me. Also I think I can deal with that Jasper guy" Otabek said and patted Yuri's head.

"Will you really be fine?" the blond boy asked. Yuri was still worried and still felt this anger and hate in him.

"Yes don't worry" Otabek ressured him and continued talking after a moment of silence "have you told Hagrid your decision? ".

"Yeah he said we will all meet up tomorrow and he will explain everything else then "Yuri answered a bit calmer now.

They continued talking until it got too late to stay there. It was hard to fall asleep for Yuri that night because he couldn't stop thinking about what those girls said.

Otabek couldn't fall asleep too. His reasons for that were different though. Telling Yuri that he is gay was almost like confessing to him. At least it felt like that. Before, Yuri could think that his crush was some girl but now it would be easier for him to figure out who he really liked and that bothered Otabek. He wasn't ready yet. He wanted to confess during his last year for several reasons. One of them was that Yuri would be older by then. Another was that if Yuri wouldn't return his feelings he could just leave and never bother Yuri again. The last one was that if this Jasper guy had a problem with gays and he would start dating Yuri, Yuri would also be a part of this mess.

On the other side Leo and Guang Hong are openly dating and nothing has happened to them. Sure some people were sometimes saying hurtful things about them but they could deal with it very well. They mostly ignored it and sometimes made fun of it. For them the only important thing was staying together and they didn't care about other people's thoughts about them.