First Year part 1

The first weeks were rather difficult for Yuri. While all of his roommates got along great and made friends easily he stayed to himself. It wasn't his fault though, for the others didn't want to have anything to do with him. One reason for that was his lack of knowledge about the wizarding world. Another was that the others were all pure blooded children of wizards and witches.

Although he knew very little at first, he learned fast. After a few weeks everything that had been unusually before became normal.

"Hey look, it's the half-blood!" a brown haired Slytherin girl whispered to the girl next to her.

"Yeah, he is definitely in the wrong house." her blond haired friend whispered back, looking disgusted by the mere thought of someone like Yuri. Yuri tried to ignore them, walking away in a fast pace. He was already used to hearing people talk bad about him. There was no point to defend himself, knowing that everyone in his house thought the same way the girls did.

"You shouldn't talk about others like this. Besides, he isn't a half-blood. Next time I hear you talk like this you'll get in trouble." Otabek warned the girls, looking angrier than anyone in Hogwarts had ever seen him before. He hurriedly followed Yuri, who was now sitting outside, reading a book.

"Are you okay?" Otabek asked concerned. Yuri look up confused. He hasn't seen Otabek ever since he left the Hogwarts Express.

"Oh, you again." he said, trying his best to look annoyed, even though he was kind of happy to see the older boy again. After all, Otabek was the only one in Hogwarts who had ever been nice to him.

"I heard what those girls said. Are you okay?" the brown haired boy repeated himself.

"And here we go again." Yuri said, rolling his eyes, "You always try to help me even though I don't ask for it. That's annoying. Mind your own business."

"That is not an answer to my question." Otabek sighted, before pointing next to Yuri, "Can I join you?"

"Do whatever you want." the smaller boy answered, looking back down to his book.

Otabek sat down. He watched Yuri for a moment before he tried to talk to Yuri again. "Is this the first time something like this happened?"

"No, but why do you care?" Yuri answers quietly. He really hated that Otabek was so nice to him. He didn't deserve it.

"Because we are friends, aren't we?" the taller boy replied.

"No, we are not." the blond boy murmured confused. He had never had any friends and he had gotten used to it over the years.

"I see." Otabek said, standing up and looking at the other. "Yuri, do you want to be my friend?" he asked, holding out his hand for Yuri.

The blond boy seemed confused. This was the first time anyone had ever asked him to be their friend. After a moment of silence he still shook Otabek's hand, whispered a nearly inaudible, "Yes."

After he became friends with Otabek, school started being more pleasant for Yuri. The other Slytherins still ignored him, but with having Potya and Otabek as his friends he couldn't care less. The only problem was that Otabek had his own friends, which meant they couldn't spent too much time together on some days. Actually, Yuri found out that Otabek was quite popular. It wasn't really surprising, given the fact that he was handsome, smart, and also played Quidditch for Gryffindor.

"Oh look it's the Half-Blood." some girl whispered once again. Yuri sighted annoyed, ignoring her just as he ignored all the others.

"Have you heard the rumours?" her friend asked her quietly.

"Which ones?" the girl asked back. There were many rumours.

"He is not only a half-blood, but also a traitor. Apparently he is friends with that Gryffindor Otabek Altin. Not only does that guy have muggle parents, he also spends time with a stupid Gryffindor. He is a disgrace for our house." she explained.

Yuri didn't mind when they were talking bad about him, but talking bad about his friend pushed Yuri over the age. He would normally ignore them. Not this time though. There was a limit to his patience. He turned around, looked the girls in the eyes and yelled, "You fucking Bitches. Talk bad about me all you want but leave my friend out. Go kill yourself you ugly assholes!"

Yuri walked away, leaving the girls stand there with shocked faces. What Yuri didn't know was that Otabek had heard everything he said.