Fifth Year part 6

The boys were all sitting in Yuri's and Minami's room and starring at the egg and the box. "So what should we do with it?" JJ asked.

"We probably need to crack the egg" Seung Gil said and looked at Otabek.

"I already tried to do that but nothing I did worked" the Kazakh replied "I need to solve this. Chris said we need something that is inside the box for the third quest and the key for the box is probably inside the egg."

"Maybe we need acid if spells don't work" Emil suggested.

"We can brow a potion with griffin feathers as an ingredient. It's an griffin egg so that might work or we need to do something with water. Griffins hate water so that could be helpful" Yuri explained. He was leaning against Otabek's shoulder and Otabek had one of his arms around Yuri's waist.

"What if we brow a position and then mix it into water? Maybe the egg could open then" Otabek suggested.

"But what if it is more than just opening it? Wouldn't open an egg be too easy of a task?" Minami asked and everybody looked at him.

"Sure if it would be a normal egg" Seung Gil said.

They agreed to meet in one week. Until then Mickey and Emil prepared the potion. As promised they all came to Yuri's room but this time with a big bucket of water and the egg.

"So what now?" JJ asked.

"Let's put the egg in the bucket and then pour the potion on it" Seung Gil suggested and Otabek put the egg in the bucket. After that Mickey poured the potion on it. They waited for something to happen but it didn't. The egg didn't crack a bit.

"So what now? Any other ideas on how to open it?" Otabek asked frustrated and rested his head in his hands.

They tried many more things but none worked. Christmas was only a few weeks away and they decided to focus on the egg later. Chris also promised that he would give a tip on how to open the egg some time later. They all looked forward to Christmas because there would be a Christmas ball right before the holidays would start. The boys tried to ask the girls for a date and the prettier the girl was the more popular the boy became. JJ 'won' the contest because Audrey agreed to be his date and almost every boy in school was jealous of him.

Otabek was planning to ask Yuri but he wanted to do it in the most romantic way possible.

"Why is Professor Giacometti helping you again?" JJ asked annoyed. He was helping Otabek out with cooking. Chris gave them permission to use the kitchen and even got them all the groceries they needed.

"He is a friend of Victor, Yuri's dad and because of that he helps me with this. I think he likes Yuri because he is his friend's son and he is also very romantic. When I told him about my plan he gave me so many advices on how to make this even better" Otabek answered.

"We're already cooking for about two hours. Why did you ask me for help?" JJ complained.

"Becaus your cooking is fantastic and you know that" the Kazakh answerd.

When they were done, Otabek brought the food into the already prepared room. It was decorated with red, heart shaped balloons and the tablecloth was also red to match the balloons. There were also candles on the table. At the wall opposite to the door was 'be my Christmas ball date' written in big letters. That is the first thing you see when you enter the room.

"Good luck" JJ said as they both walked out of the room.

"Thanks" Otabek answered. JJ went to the dining hall while Otabek went to Yuri's room. He promised Yuri to pick him up for dinner. On his way to Yuri's room he met Mimami who smiled at him and gave him thumbs up. Minami also knew about Otabek's plan.