First Year part 3

To tell the truth, Otabek was shocked to find Yuri in this state. He knew what Yuri had been going through. No matter how hard it was for the boy, he had never reacted like this before. Otabek figured that the cause of this situation must be something else than bullying. Yuri hadn't noticed the other yet, mainly because Otabek was so out of himself that he didn't know what to do.

Otabek got a grip of himself, focusing on comforting Yuri. He had to do something to make him feel better. He sat down next to his friend, gently putting his hand on Yuri's back. "Yuri?" he whispered, not knowing what to say. He was usually good at comforting others but it was different with Yuri. Yuri was special. He never knew how to treat him. It went on like this for a while. The blond cried while Otabek petted his back, trying to comfort him as much as he could.

About ten minutes later, Yuri finally said something, "r-read t-this." He was still sobbing, making it difficult to understand his words. Yuri held up the letter which hadbeen laying on the floor, unnoticed by the older. Otabek took the letter from Yuri's hands and read it.

Hey dirty Half-Blood,

Your name Plisetsky is quite interesting. After some research we found out some rather interesting facts about your parents. They were Death Eaters. Admirable, don't you think? And that's not all there is to it. Surprisingly, they were special. Lord Voldemort himself ordered them around since they were some of his closest allies. If you research some more you even find out that their specialty was killing muggles, which they were especially successfully at. They killed at least a hundred of that useless scum. You should try and follow their path. You might be able to make friends if you were as cool as them.

Worst of wishes,
Some fans of your parents work

After reading the letter Otabek felt nauseous. He hugged Yuri closer, whispering calming words in his ear, "Yuri, you did nothing wrong. Everything is going to be okay. You told me you have two nice dads. Aren't they your real parents? They raised you. You don't even know those people." He really hoped that this would calm the smaller boy down, but of course it didn't.

"They were killers. They killed muggles such as my dad Yuuri. How can that be okay? I always thought they died while fighting the Death Eaters. I thought they were heroes, just like Victor. And now I know that I was so wrong. I am the son of murderers. What if I will become one too?" Yuri shouted, crying even more than before. His hair was a mess, eyes red, and face covered in tearstains. Yet, he still looked stunning to Otabek.

"No, you won't become a murderer."Otabek assured him. At this point he really didn't know what to do and just sat there besides the blond boy, holding him close. This continued for about an hour, until Yuri calmed down eventually. Well, that was not what happened. He didn't calm down. Crying exhausted him so much that he fell asleep on his friend's shoulder. Otabek carried him to Professor Slughorn, the head of Slytherin.

Yuri slept through the night and woke up in the morning. He was laying in his bed, his head still aching. Then the memories came flooding back. Nothing could make him feel better but having cried for more than an hour on the previous day took away his desire to cry more.

He tried to continue living his life as before, but he couldn't. It was impossible to ignore the new gained information about his birth parents. He couldn't focus on class anymore, missing all the lessons. He couldn't sleep or eat either. Nightmares haunted him whenever he closed his eyes and seeing food was enough to make him want to throw up.

After a week he looked like a lifeless doll. All of his friends were worried about him. So was Otabek, who desperately tried to help him. Out of all of Yuri's friends he suffered the most. He couldn't think about anything else than Yuri, nor could he forgive himself for being so useless that he couldn't even help his friend when he needed him the most. Even the teachers couldn't overlook it anymore. Though his classmates hated him, they never wanted to do such a thing to him. They stopped bullying him, avoiding him as much as they could. The reason for that wasn't that they felt sorry for him but that the way he looked terrified them. This had to end. His teachers thought the best way to end it was to call his parents.

Victor was told to come to Hogwarts which he did as soon as he was told about his son's condition. If Yuri's condition didn't improve soon, he would take him home. The boy was stationed in the infirmary where they tried to help him.  He lost a lot of weight in that one week and hadn't slept at all. All of their attempts to help him were pointless. He wouldn't accept any food and when they forced him to eat he threw it right up. They decided to make him sleep more to exhausthis body as little as possible. His condition worsenedevery day.

Victor arrived in Hogwarts after about an hour he was called. He was asked into the headmistress' office where he was talking to Professor McGonagall and Professor Slughorn. They explained the details to him which they knew from Otabek. At first Otabek was the only one who knew about what had trulyhappened to Yuri. When he realized he couldn't help his friend he decided to give Professor McGonagall the letter.  Yuri was too weak to tell them, not that he would anyway. He was only awake for a few hours a day due to the medicine given to him.