Chapter 14

You were eating dinner silently, as your husband's parents were chit-chatting as they normally do. Fortunately they hadn't involved you in their conversations and of course you didn't bother to participate either as the topic was non of your interest.

"Do you perhaps know when will TaeYong return, dear?" Your mother in law addressed to you making you look up at her surprised for a second as you weren't paying attention.

For some reason your mind kept traveling to the events of this day and the fact that no one had yet to find out of this small outing of yours and it felt incredible. It made you feel like a little kid that had done something behind her parents back and you had gotten away with it. The excitement was rushing in your veins and smiling was hard to control.

"I have no idea. I suppose he is working late again. You shouldn't worry." You responded naturally while flashing her a polite smile before looking back to your food.

"You are right. Still he should not overwork. You should have a word with him when he returns dear." She spoke and then laughed a bit as you looked at her.

"You are his wife. You should know how to pursue your husband to come home." Her words left you speechless as you understood well what she implied and you didn't like the sound of it at all.

TaeYong's father at that moment looked your way, noticing immediately your discomfort and kindly urged his wife to go, since they were done with their dinner.

"I sure don't have room for dessert  dear. I will excuse myself. Y/N, please continue with your food and don't mind my son. It's not easy being a politician" He spoke politely to you as he had stood up, behaving nicely and respectfully to you as he usually does. He wasn't like his wife. He didn't mingle in other people's business and you definitely were thankful about that fact.

Your mother in law followed his actions, bidding goodnight and after her husband was some feet distance she stepped closer to you and with a smile spoke to you again.

"I didn't mean anything with what i said earlier. It's not that you are an incompetent wife. I hope you didn't misunderstand dear." You could clearly see that her words meant exactly the opposite and she was actually calling you just that but it's not like you cared to be any kind of wife to his son,so her words had no emotional effect on you. However they did anger you a bit, mostly as to how she dares to behave like this with you.

You really hated those sneaky comments and unclear words. A language that everyone spoke around the places you grew up to and you are still living into. Hypocrisy at its finest.

"Don't worry mother. I would never misunderstand you. Sleep well." You smiled at her as you stood up and bowed and after a minute looking down at you, you finally heard her steps growing farther away from you.

After you heard the door closing you looked up again and took your seat at the table, now all alone in the room, as the maids had exit the room accompanying them.

You looked ahead, now having lost your appetite and the happy feeling that was resting inside you. She ruined your mood so easily, just by reminding you who you are and how you are supposed to behave.

A hand placed a plate on the table wining your attention and as you shoot your head to your right, a bit startled as you thought you were alone in the room, you were met with a smiling Jimin that instead of a plate with the dessert as you had been waiting for, had placed on the table a cup with five balls of ice-cream with caramel syrup on top.

"Not the dessert that you were expecting miss but unfortunately something went down in the kitchen and.. Well.. Let's say this is all we can offer for tonight." He explained making you smile as you understood that they must have messed up the dessert.

"It's okay, i will accept it. Thank you." You grabbed the ice cream and slide it your way as he bowed and walked at the corner of the room, standing at the position he was supposed to be.

"When did you come back?" You questioned him nonchalantly as you put the first spoonful of the ice cream in your mouth and he looked at you for a moment, clearly not expecting of you to talk to him, however after he took his moment to process your question he answered rather formally.

"It's been fifteen minutes miss. I returned as quickly as possible and immediately attended my duties as you can see." He said then turned his eyes again ahead looking at the white wall opposite of him.

You looked at his figure, noticing his proper stance and his butler suit that suited him very well. It was as if he was born to wear suits yet again he looked pretty great with his casual attire too as far as you had seen today.

He has a good fashion sense. That's why.

You concluded in your mind as you continued eating your ice cream till you took notice of a thin smile, curving upwards the corner of his lips.

Why is he trying to contain his laughter? Do i have something on my face?

You worried, immediately grabbing your napkin and cleaning of your lips in case any ice cream remaining might have gotten out of place. Yet again he glanced your way and his smile grew bigger, irritating you.

"Okay. What's so funny mister?" He turned his head to face you as your voice reached his ears and he cleared his throat before taking slow steps towards you. You just followed him with your eyes till he stopped before you.

You continued looking at him with a perplexed gaze while waiting for him to respond and he did so, after leaning closer to your ear, action that took you aback and made you reflexively put some distance by leaning back.

He just looked at you as if he was amused by the reaction of your body then he smirked as his eyes had captured yours.

"You are wearing a skirt miss." He said simply yet it took you a moment to understand why was that funny but once you did you immediately got embarrassed and closed your legs. You had forgotten that there was no table sheet on the dinner table tonight and as thus you were sitting as you find yourself comfortable, forget the fact that you weren't on your skinny jeans that you were wearing earlier and which felt so comfortable.

"Don't worry. I saw nothing." Jimin raised his hands up while you gave him a stern look then smiled, somehow enjoying your annoyed expression.

You stood up from your seat and looked at him seriously and his playfulness immediately went away, him soon bowing his head while murmuring an apology.

"Apology accepted and thank you for letting me know. Actually if i do it again while I am with people, please subtly bring it to my notice. I don't want to embarrasse myself any farther." You told him before taking your leave, his voice that spoke to you bringing your feet to a halt, even though all you wanted to do was leave as quickly as possible, because even though you were hiding it well, you were totally embarrassed by the situation and wanted just to freak out with yourself alone.

"You don't have to feel embarrassed with me. Believe me. I didn't mind it." You looked past your shoulder to him as he flashed you a smile and you smiled a bit, taking it as a joke.

"Haha. Very funny." You said as you exited the room and Jimin's smile faded as he saw your figure getting farther away.

You slowly walked up the stairs to your room, your mind having drifted back to the happy normal memories you made today and somehow the desire to tell someone about your little sneaky adventure rose inside you. The desire to tell her more specifically and that was the reason that instead of putting on your pajamas and go to sleep, you wore the clothes that had gifted you those normal moments and placed a hat on your head, after a while sneaking out of your house with destination the grave of your best friend, that unlike the other times that you had visited it, this time would give you a surprise.

---To be continued...