Chapter 71

Silence had fallen after TaeYong's announcement as his intentions were more than questioning and even though you more than wanted to hear what he was about to say, you didn't refrain from making your doubts clear.

"If you really have decided to do so, then go ahead and speak up first. Me nor Mr.Officer here will let interrupt you no matter what. Let's see how much your truth much up with the proof we have collected till now." Your statement let NamJoon understand clearly of your disbelief as well as made him aware that his conclusions related to the case were unknown to the two male individuals in the room and as such you two could easily bluff about your obtained knowledge and possible proof you may have in your possession. 

"Acceptable. Before starting though, I would like to clarify that the truth may make you more miserable than you may have already been. Do you still choose to hear it, Y/N?" TaeYong looked at you and you stared back maintaining your proper posture making him understand your reply, before you had the need to speak it out loud.

"Nothing can be more miserable than being in uncertainty. Please go ahead."

"Wait! I am sorry Mrs.Lee but I have a question I would like it to be answered before he goes on."NamJoon spoke up, his words creating confusion to the others as well as Jimin who punched the window of the car out of tension, by the sudden halt he brought while he was eagerly waiting for TaeYong to start speaking.

"What that question may be Mr.Officer?" LeeGuk replied to him and Namjoon made his thoughts concrete.

"What is the reason that you have decided to speak of this now? I am sure you know that your actions are more than suspicious and contradictory and somehow the situation makes me uncertain of the value of truth behind anything that may leave your mouth. Related to that, I hope that you are aware that you are speaking to a police officer and by law, lying to me will end up at a disadvantage and you may get accused of deliberate deception towards the police." Namjoon left out his professional words, wanting to establish a state of fear and a feeling of control from his side which was bound to play a certain psychological role to the person in front of him. 

"Thank you for informing me of my situation Mr.Officer but believe me, there are way more risks than this laying for me as I am about to speak. However, no matter how unbelievable it may sound to some in this room, the reason I am speaking about it, is a personal one. I want to get it out of my chest because it's hard living with burdens of the past and a ghost of someone I love, haunting my dreams." TaeYong explained sincerely while looking at NamJoon then turned and faced you, whom he could sense that you were highly doubting him still.

"You could consider this my breaking point Y/n. You wanted the truth and I will give it to you and then you just have to live with it, just like I did from that day on. Because there is nothing you can do."

"Just start talking." You responded a bit abruptly to him as you didn't appreciate the way he spoke to you. It was as if he was telling you just to make you suffer more by being unable to serve justice but there was no way you wouldn't do so. Even if it came to the need to turn the whole world upside down, you were going to discover the truth and bring peace to her soul.

"Me and Miss MinHee were in a relationship which for career reasons it was better to be held private. We dated secretly and we were madly in love with each other." TaeYong started and his eyes closed while his memory traveled back on the days he used to laugh wholeheartedly, enjoying the fact that he was alive to the fullest just because she was there with him. The one and only that ever managed to make his heart beat furiously like that and made his mind so full of her beautiful existence.

"We used to meet up at her house in Busan since it was secluded and as such safer. I had made her swear to me, to not talk about our relationship to anyone and I thought that she had kept her promise." He looked at you as he spoke those words, making it clear that MinHee had not kept that promise as she apparently had talked about it with you.