Chapter 17

You got out of your room after you had returned to change before attending dinner. Dancing with Jimin earlier had made you sweat and as such in need of a bath and new clothes.

Those moments were a fun time even though you knew well that they had put you in trouble with your mother in law, which politely disrupted you pretending she came to pick a book then she approached and grabbed one, before leaving you alone. However you knew well that reading wasn't her style and you were much aware of what was hiding under that polite behavior of hers. If you were to be honest you didn't care much if she misunderstood or not however you didn't want any bad consequences to fall on Jimin whom had did all that with only good intentions.

It was clear that he had noticed how out of it you were and he had tried to brighten up your mood and you were thankful for his gesture and as such you didn't found it fitting to create any misunderstanding that would harm his friendship with TaeYong that may not be a big deal to you but as far as you knew they are friends so it must be a big deal to him.

Now that you thought of it, maybe this could explain his friendliness with you, as he may be trying to joy you a bit because you were the wife of his friend. Or it might just be his personality, wanting to make others smile and feel better when they are down. Who knew.

You walked slowly down the stairs and instead of going towards the dining room you headed down the corridor that would send you towards your mother's in law room. Fortunately though you didn't have to go all the way to her room as you found her seated at the living room, going through the pages of a magazine.

"Hello mother." You drew her attention with a greeting as you took a seat on the opposite couch, her not having bothered to look up.

"Won't you attend dinner tonight?" You spoke again, not having any intention to address the subject which you actually approached her for because if you addressed it first it would look like you had something that you felt the need to be explained and that would create more suspicions on her that were more than unnecessary.

"Of course i will dear. I suppose you will too. You must be hungry after all that dancing." You refrained from cracking a smile as you got her to open up the conversation where you wanted to.

"Indeed, dancing is a good exercise and it does open your appetite." You responded rather collected and she finally looked up at you.

"You seem rather fond of your new butler dear. So fond that someone could misunderstood your laughters as if you were enjoying yourself in his company more than in your own husband's company." She left her sneaky comment and you left the corner of your lip to tag uwards in a charming proper smile.

" Don't worry mother. There is nothing to be misunderstood. It is exactly how it looks like. "You purposely left your poison reach her ears as you wanted her to know that you never enjoyed her son's company to begin with.

" Oh Y/N dear. Don't be like this. You are still the wife of my son and even though his company may not always be fun, you should never forget your place. I have trust you would never do any improper acts." Her words even though sounded friendly you knew well they were a warning. A warning to not play with her son's public figure.

" How could i ever forget my place mother. God forbids such a thing. "You responded with a thin smile on your lips then you stood up.

" TaeYong has returned. Go call him down for dinner,dear."Her voice reached your ears as you were stepping away and you didn't bother to turn around but just responded in a mechanical way, the way you were raised to respond to any requests coming from your parents and now your in laws." Yes, mother. "

You reached at the stairs and went up heading immediately to his office as you assumed he must be there and once at some feet distance from his door, the door opened and Jimin stepped out of it.

He looked surprised to see you for a moment then he lowered his head, as you just passed by him and reached to the door, knocking twice at it.

"Come in" You heard TaeYong's voice allowing you to enter and so you did, your presence have occurred unexpected to him as you saw on his facial expression.

"Y/N. Hello. What brings you here?" He asked as you approached the desk slowly, a thin smile resting elegantly on your lips.

"Dinner is ready. I came to call you." You informed him as you took a seat on one of the two black leather chairs that stood in front of his wooden desk.

"Oh. I am surprised. You never call me personally for such things." He smiled a bit as his eyes returned to the papers that he was holding.

"Normally i wouldn't but your mother asked me too. I suppose she must have talked to you about earlier." You got directly into the subject as you knew that woman well and there was no way by now she wouldn't have told him.

"Don't worry about it. Jimin was by just some moments ago and explained to me. I didn't misunderstand anything but you know how mother's get over protective sometimes." He tried to justify his mother's behavior and that made you crack up a smile as protective wasn't the right word to use.

" Don't get me wrong TaeYong-shi, i would care less  if you or anyone would misunderstand, i just brought it up because i found it unfair towards the poor butler. However since he is your friend i shouldn't have worried. You know him better than me and as such you know his good intentions. "You spoke properly as you wanted to address the matter in a serious tone because such misunderstandings weren't to your liking and you really didn't want to have to deal with anything like this again.

" You have nothing to worry Y/N. I am not someone that misunderstands easily, besides i have told you before. If you wouldn't be so aggressive and blunt in your dislike towards me, we could have been friends." You left your hand reach to your lips as you tried to control your laughter that his words caused and eventually you failed, and laughed a bit as your head tilted to the side.

" Did your sleeplessness improved your humor? That was a good one."He just smiled back at your response even though he didn't like it at all.

He was a person in a high position and joyed the respect of many yet somehow when he was to talk with you and you would be in a rather bad mood, you would make him feel so insignificant and that hurt his pride very much.

It was one of the many reasons he hated you. That and the sense of superiority that you cared on his presence as if you didn't want him not even for a minute to have even the false assumption that he had any control over you. You had a contract that tied you together. A contract that would bring a big damage economically to any part that would attempt to break off this marriage. The feeling of pressure should have been equal yet you never showed that you were being affected and that pissed him off.

I really can't wait for the moment I will have you in my mercy, with the proves that you have cheated on me in my hands. We will see then, how that confidence would remain in your posture.

"Anyway, I am glad that you are laughing. The incident with the grave of your friend might have effected you greatly." He brought up something that he knew that would take away that smile off your lips on purpose and he watched it happening with delight.

"Of course it did affected me. What about you? Weren't you affected?" You retorted back as you weren't planning to give him the enjoyment of seeing your mood dropping.

"Why would I?" He casually responded and you smiled again as you stood up.

"Right, why would you? You have to relation to her whatsoever." Your words lingered on the air as you slowly stepped away and got out of the room, knowing well that you had just lit up a fire inside him. A fire of fear and torturing wonder.

She knows something. Damn it. She does.

---To be continued....