Chapter 25

You were sitting on the floor in your work room, the door locked and the curtains pulled close ,the light of the sun getting deem as the times fly by. You were in there for hours yet you hadn't take much notice of the time that ticked away because your mind was roaming on the past, looking at dark corners of your mind ,words spoken that were taken by the wind,trying to bring them back in order to find anything that could help you out. It was't the first time you had tortured yourself like this however its so much a memory can bring back to mind and it was impossible to recall every single world you had exchanged with your friend.

All started when she met him at that damned party. Why did she had to end up talking all night with him at a private balcony that she had escaped to sketch the view as the urge had hit her,why had he happened to be at that same balcony and why didn't he left once she entered there. That stupid fateful night was one to blame for her ending up loving that man. The man whom became the cause of her death. She used to speak of him to you on your sleepovers ,never mentioning the name at the start. She  used to refer to him by the  name of Adonis,God of beauty and desire and you used to laugh at it,finding it ridiculous yet you knew her so you weren't surprise that she would find him a poetic name to refer to him while she had to protect his identity.

Of course it wasn't that she could keep you in the dark for long because you were her best friend and when you had found out whom he was, you had been pretty shocked. A sketchbook carrying only sketches of him all over its pages. Absent minded poses, loving gazes, sleeping faces,smiles and much more,all of him engraved in that sketch book by her hands ,her distinctive way of drawing and her signature laying in every single page of it. That sketchbook was the proof of their existence. Of their relationship. That sketch book was what you rushed to go find after her death so you could have as a proof and thankfully you managed to take hold of it , before he arrived at her beach house that day. You had stayed and looked at him from the window,seeing him messing up everything in a clearly nervous state,and at that moment you understood that he was looking for what you had secured in your arms at that very moment. You had left and rushed till your car which you had hide down a road some distance away from the house then you drove till the house ,stepping out of your vehicle as he was stepping out of the house. 

You would have never forgotten his facial expression at that moment. How he stuttered to explain why was he there as you had a reason to be. That was the property of your best friend after all. He was the one with no reason to be at her doorstep. You would never forget his lame excuse and how hard you tried to make yourself seem as if you believed his pathetic excuse that he had mistook an address of a friend of his. You could have never thought back then that that specific encounter would bring up rumors that would reach at your dad's ears and his father's as well ending up finding this relationship beneficial for both families.

Your dad was never prouder for you as he was  of that non existing affair you supposedly were having with the youngest aspiring politician of the country. It was all so hateful and pathetic yet it was your only way towards revenge and your road to finding out the exact truth. What had happened on that night? That night that she had talked to you on the phone two hours or so prior her certified death time, telling you how excited she was to see him again as well as how scared she was to ask him of what she was torturing herself to know for a long time now. Why, and till when did they have to keep their love hidden and just who was that person that he feared so much?

MinHee was a hopeful person,she liked to be positive but as everyone she had her heart aches however no one knew her better than you and you knew well she was a fighter. She wasn't from the people to give up on things easily and to think she gave up on her life, you just couldn't comprehend it. The reason must be something very big ,something very hurtful and her love for him was too much. You knew that better than anyone. That's why you blamed him after her death.You were sure he must have done something , you just had yet to find exactly what did he do. You searching  in your mind for hours was obviously not bringing that information to you but you couldn't help but make hypotheses and create scenarios of how that sad night must have went down . Only if you knew,Only if you were there. Only if things would have gone down a different way and they had never met,she might have been alive today. But that if is not the current reality.

A sudden knock on the door woke you up from your trail of thoughts and you stood up and approached the door ,unlocking it and opening it a bit only to come face to face with a maid. She kept her head low as she informed you that your mother in law had called you at the living room as guests had come over and you told her you would be there in a moment before closing the door again. You wondered who it may be for a moment then you disliked the idea of whoever it may be. You didn't want to see anyone anyways however you couldn't stay where you were at and ignore TaeYong's mother whom had requested of your attendance. 

She probably wants to show me off at some friend of hers again.

You had thought as when among others she praised you highly and talked sweetly about how happy she was to have you as her son's wife.

---Change of set---

Jimin was walking down the road getting away from his house which he visited for some hours. His mood got better after seeing the cure smiled of his nephews and playing around with them despite the fact that he was sick and after he ate a nice soup his sister made just for him he actually started feeling in a better physical condition as well. His mind was at ease as long as he was there, forgetting the phone call he had on his way there and the things that he listened over that line.

He was perplexed as to what was happening for a moment then  he understood what that phone call was about and that was the reason why as he walked in the streets he kept looking subtly around till Manuel fell on his notice , a good distance away from him. He understood well he didn't want to be seen with him for safety reasons so he kept walking till he found an alley and slide in, waiting patiently for him to do the same. Once Manuel turned on his heels and entered that dark corner  Jimin looked at the other end just to make sure no one was paying attention to them.

"What was that?"

"Tell me what you heard after i left that room." Manuel looked at him sharply and Jimin knew that he wasn't in a mood to take jokes and it was understandable . He was playing with his head just to give Jimin the time that he needed. However Jimin knew that he wasn't doing it out of his good heart but because he actually owed him after what he had done at the last job they had together. The job that broke his trust and the friendship relationship they had built .

"He was mad and frustrated and said something along the lines of 'how do i report this back to her now'" Jimin quoted at him what he remembered clearly before the guard had actually notice Manuel's phone on the table and had taken it out of the room.

"Her? I thought he was the boss?" Manuel questioned and looked at Jimin whom was now put into thoughts himself. 

"Wait you mean there is a possibility that the person the wants Y/N dead is a female?" Jimin spoke his thoughts out loud,this information bringing a new point of view in the thoughts he had in his head. 

" It seems so." Was all Manuel responded before turning around and leaving ,Jimin having dived into complex thoughts once again frustrated over the fact that whoever it was that wanted you dead in his mind  they didn't have a obvious motive.

But if the motive is not obvious it doesn't mean it doesn't exist as hyung says.

He thought to himself before grabbing his phone and Calling Namjoon to give him this piece of information. After all he was always better at bringing pieces together than he was.

"Hyung. Hear me out.."

---To be continued.....