Chapter 64

Jimin returned to the kitchen and left his tray on the counter as his hands quickly took off it the empty glasses trying to put them at the side and fill his tray with new ones but as he was doing so, the emotions that he was trying to ignore took the best of him, bringing his hands to tighten more than they should around the delicate glasses till one finally broke on his grasp and fell on the floor, shattering.

The room was full of people coming and going in a hurry so no one paid much attention to the crashing sound of the object that he caused to have become in a non-usable state, however, he sure grew frustrated at the sight of his mistake.

He inhaled deeply as he squatted down to pick the pieces that could possibly cause harm to someone and as such he had to get them out of the way but as his fingers were carefully gathering pieces of broken glass the image of you and TaeYong kissing flashed before his eyes , making him lose focus and tighten his palm that was full of sharp glasses that ended up harming his skin and causing him enough pain for his attention to drift back to reality.

Damn It!

He cursed in his thoughts as he stood up and threw the pieces in the bin then grabbed some napkins that were at the side, to clean up the blood that started taking over his palm. The stinking pain was evident but that wasn't what was really bothering him to the point of cursing and he knew that well even though he fought in his thoughts to not admit it to his own self.

He was bothered by it. Truly bothered by the fact that you were kissing with someone that wasn't him. It was rather absurd and he knew that well as he was no one to have the right to feel like he was feeling but it didn't matter if he should or shouldn't or if he was allowed to or not. He just felt his blood rushing and the anger tingling in his veins. A feeling so complex and full of contradictions that most call jealousy, was running inside him and he was finding it hard to deny its existence.

You weren't his and he knew that well. You will never really become that nor he should be desiring for such a thing to one day become reality but he was and it wasn't because that would bring him any certain benefits. His mind was empty of all such things and rational calculations and all he could think of was his heart that strangely felt in pain and his emotions that grew to become more negative as he opened the sink and washed a bit his blood off because he had to return back to work.

Out there where he had to endure a bit more seeing his arms around you and hearing him calling you sweet words that even though he knew that were nor real, he still disliked them.

After he patted his hand dry, he rushed to find a glove that would cover-up the inappropriate state of his hand and thankfully he found a pair of white gloves on the shelves that the kitchen staff usually place them. He put them on without hesitation and placed another napkin in between his skin and the fabric in order to prevent it from getting stained as his little scratches may bleed for a bit more, then he returned on his tray which he refilled and was ready to grab hold of it and go if it wasn't for his phone that started buzzing at the pocket of his vest.

"Now what?!" He murmured in irritation as he picked it up from his pocket in a clear annoyed state but as soon as he saw the number that was calling him, he recognized it and his face grew expressionless before his fit hurried to get him in a place with fewer people and more silence where he would be able to listen better.

"Pretty boy~ How have you been? Long time no see." The unpleasant voice of the collector echoed at the other side of the line and Jimin took a deep breath, in order to prepare his emotions for a conversation with the man to whom had to give the amount that his sister's husband owed to his boss.

"The time isn't due yet. Why are you calling me?" Jimin replied and laughter reached his ears before the voices of SuJae and Yuna were heard, calling his name.

Jimin's eyes grew wide instantly at the realization that he was in his house and had his family.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?! We made an agreement! It's not that I won't pay you and you know that!"He spoke between gritted teeth, clearly mad at the behavior of the man whom he had clearly warned that he won't forgive if he was to get close to his family again for any reason.

"I know pretty boy. I remember but unfortunately there is been a small change." The man smirked as he spoke to Jimin while he looked at SooLin, who was keeping her two children tightly close to her while they were surrounded by men that were armed.

"Get out of my house! Leave my family alone! You are scaring the little ones, can't you see you, awful humans! Out! Out!"The raged voice of Mr. Park reached to his ears as the old man had grown tired of seeing the faces of his little precious angels crying and hiding behind SooLin full of fear in their eyes.

If only he wasn't trapped in that damn chair he would have definitely been more useful and more capable of protecting them. If he was able to stand on his own feet he would have worked harder and would have money to return to them so they would leave them alone but unfortunately, he was in this pathetic situation and was obligated to live through such situations that made him feel as useless as he felt guilty as if he hadn't done enough for the safety of his won children.

"Dad, please calm down, It's gonna be okay." SooLin's voice followed as she was trying hard to not look scared and maintain a calm situation with the men that once again had invaded her house and were bring her terror.

"Get out! I will comply to whatever changes that you may say, just please leave them alone." Jimin gave in as his heart dived in sadness and worry hearing his father's voice and the trembling sound of his sister who was obviously trying her best to not panic.

"I need the money by tomorrow, pretty boy. Till you step in here with that amount, I am afraid I am not allowed to go anywhere."The man informed him and Jimin's eyes grew wide at how impossible his request was.

"I hope you don't keep any hostile feelings towards me. We both know that I have a boss above my head to know I need to obey. And I hope you don't make any mistakes involving the police. You do know that a  bullet can be faster than anything, right?" Jimin's fist collided with force on the wall as the man hanged up on him after saying those words that literally cornered him.

His thoughts became a mess as fear started taking over his mind, imaging any of his family members getting harmed in any way and as minutes ticked, he felt the anxiety crawling higher and higher while his mind started urging him to find a solution.

He needed the money and he needed them now and there was only one way to get them at the limited time that he had.

His hands reached to his face where he covered his miserable state while his mind took the decision to do what he for so long was hesitant of because his heart couldn't help but conflict him knowing that the aim of this job which he had accepted was not something right to do to anyone.

However at this moment there was no other way but to act. There was no other way but to do what he originally came here for because simply there was no way he would be able to leave if anyone of them was to lose their lives because he was unable to provide what it was needed. 

Killing his own self was worth it if it meant their safety. Stepping on his own soul was something that he was willing to do a million times if it meant their happiness. What did it matter how many times he had to sin and how many more regrets he will end up carrying in his back? What did it matter if his soul will get covered with stains that he can never take off? What did it matter if he will grow to hate himself for every wrongdoing he may ever need to do or had already done? Even if he might never sleep peacefully again and guilt was to become his shadow, he would choose any kind of hell to carry as long as it would mean that they wouldn't be suffering.

Such was his love for his family. Such was the strength of that force and even though he had some feelings towards you too, this time he couldn't choose to protect you instead. It was regretful already. It was sad already. It was hurtful and bitter and he was already terribly oh so terribly sorry but tonight apparently was the night, he was going to break any promise he ever gave you.

Tonight was the night he was gonna deceive you, till he gets what he needs.

---To be continued....