Chapter 36

Namjoon rushed out of his car which he had parked abruptly  before Jimin's house after the phone call that he took in the middle of the night by SooLin, telling him to hurry over to her as her son, SuJae , seemed to be sick.

He rung the doorbell in a clear state of agony as he had worried to death all his way to the house, thinking of what could the kid have and in what condition he may be. Thankfully his anxious state wasn't left waiting for too much as Mr Park opened the door for him and he was clearly surprised seeing him as the old man in his condition rarely takes such actions plus considering the late hour of the night, he should have been sleeping instead of being awake and opening doors.

"Mr Park, What happened? Where is SuJae?" Namjoon asked him in worry and the old man tried his best to hurry and move his chair backwards to make space for Namjoon to pass.

"Upstairs, SooLin is dressing him." The man informed him and Namjoon didn't waste time , his long legs enabling him to reach at the top of the stairs much quicker and then directly at the door step of the room where the kids usually sleep.

"Namjoon?! Oh thank God you are here. Please help me out." SooLin told him as she was struggling to put a shirt on her son, her hands trembling as the kid seemed to be in terrible pain.

Namjoon did as she told him and went beside her, instantly feeling bad seeing the pale face of the young kid.  " Uncle Joonie. It hurts." He told him as he gazed at him with his teary eyes.

"It will be okay buddy . I am gonna take you to the doctor right now , okay?" He replied to him as his hand caressed his cheek softly , while he felt  incredibly vulnerable himself, a lump having formed on his throat ,adding on at his urge to cry.

"Okay, we are ready. Let's go. Yuna, you go stay with Grandpa. I will call miss Kim to come check on you two later." She instructed her daughter whom was also silently shedding tears of fear as she was scared of losing her brother.

Little Yuna only nodded her head not wanting to cause any inconveniences to her mother , that was obviously in a panic state and as SooLin took SuJae in her arms and carried him downstairs along with Namjoon following her behind in a rush, holding onto her bag and her coat , the little girl felt even more scared but she knew that she shouldn't speak and worry her mother more. 

"Father, please take care of yourself and Yuna." SooLin locked eyes with her father for a split second before stepping out of the house and Namjoon rushed past her to open the door for her and help her put SuJae safely at the back seat. 

Mr Park watched the car coming to life and hurriedly disappearing into the night and he felt his heart growing miserable that he was stuck there once again unable to do anything to help the people he cared about. His hands gripped tight the wheels of his chair as he was hating the situation and himself for being unable to do anything. At times like this it was extremely difficult for the old man to accept that he was no longer a young man nor was he any longer strong and able to walk as he used to be.It was times like this that he felt as if God was punishing him for something, keeping him alive and torturing him  like this.

The eyes of Mr Park were getting teary as he kept looking outside at the dark night till the hand of little Yuna, touched his and drew his attention to the sad face of the little girl .
" Grandpa? SuJae will be alright, don't worry. He is strong, he even managed to win against uncle Jimin in a wrestling game one morning. " The girl told him clearly trying to reassure the man even though she herself was scared.

"Ah kid, Come here." Mr Park just pulled her in his embrace feeling as proud of her as he was touched.

--Time skip---