Chapter 73

You took a deep breath when the doorbell rang as you stood there right behind it. You had heard the car pulling over way before they reached to press that button but even if you hadn't, there was only one person that you were expecting.

You left some seconds to pass as your emotions were tangled in a storm inside you then you prepared yourself to pull some smiles and mannerisms as you left your hand to reach the knob and open the door.

"Mrs. Oh. It's an honor to have you."You greeted her politely with a bow as you from the corner of your eyes, tried to count how many guards she had brought with her.

"Mrs.Lee, the honor is all mine." She replied politely as ever, with a sweet smile hanging on her lips.

You proceeded to welcome her in and she took a step inside before telling her guards to remain outside then she walked further in where you gestured for her to have a seat at the couch.

"You could let any of them in, I don't mind. I understand the importance of your safety after all."  You told her and she shook her head lightly.

"Thank you for your understanding dear but I feel more than safe with you. Have no worries about it."She smiled at you however you could tell that behind her smile and friendliness lied a darker aura.

"Should I bring you a cup of tea, or coffee, till our dinner gets ready?"You suggested and she laughed making you drop your proper mannerism and let your fake smile wear off.

Why was it so frustrating? Seeing her smiling, laughing..breathing.

"There is no need for such. Just seat beside me. Let's have some talk till our dinner gets ready."She declined and you placed a thin sile on your lips again before you proceed to seat at a safe distance from her on the same couch she was.

"Firstly, I wanted to thank you for accepting my invitation. I know you schedule must be very hectic."

"Oh dear, I would make time for you no matter what."She replied however her words felt more like a threat instead of friendly.

"I am surprised. May I know what I did to secure this interest that you have in me?"You questioned pretended to be clueless and she smirked before leaning a bit forward towards you.

"You are the one surprising me, actually. Keeping up this facade way better than I thought you would."She replied in a lower tone, bringing an end to this fool's play you had started.

"It seems I will be surprising you in many ways tonight then."You replied as you left your hostile expression take over your face, showing the dislike and anger you held towards that woman.

"That. That ambition and confidence were what always brought you in trouble dear, yet here you are, thinking that you have a chance against me."  She smiled mocking you and your tries, thing that got in your nerves but you managed to control yourself and not let it show.

"Well, you may be right. However we all have certain trades that bring us in trouble. Yours for example is obsession and greed."

"Maybe I can be obsessed with certain things but greedy as to what?" She questioned and then you smiled, hoping that it would annoy her as much as her smiles were annoying you.

"You long for things that belong to others. Like love." You replied and you could see the glimpse one her eyes changing to darker.

"His love didn't belong to her. It was mine way before she came along!"She spoke through greeted teeth, showing clearly her irritation that gave you to understand that her self control was lower than you had imagined.

"You are wrong. TaeYong never loved you. That is the reason you are so mad, to begin with, aren't you? Because you fell for him completely while he just lied to you."You calmly spoke triggering words and she fell silent, staring at you.