Chapter 68

You had just finished taking a shower and you were drying your hair while sitting in front of your mirror. The cup of coffee which you had ordered for had arrived apparently while you were in the bathroom as you found it waiting for you on your commode. The only thing that seemed somehow questionable was Jimin and his absence as he had yet to appear.

As your butler, he usually comes immediately after you are awake and if he was to do so today in no way would look suspicious to anyone. Yet again it could be just because he may have been caught up in some other work around the house and that may be the reason he hadn't appeared yet or so you kept telling yourself as the minutes past because you couldn't help but grow worried.

Could he perhaps have regretted it? Was he feeling bad about it? And if any of those questions were the actual case, how would you feel when he was to tell you so? Those kinda thoughts were what made you put a neutral face on, feeling unsure and uncertain if there was anything to be happy about after all.

However a knock on your door that reached to your ears soon broke that expressionless state, making you think that it must be him. Feelings of excitement bubbled inside you as you gave permission to whoever was knocking to come in however once the door opened and a maid came inside, those feelings subsided, making you feel slightly disappointed.

Wasn't this just pathetic? Getting carried away like this and being eager to see him. It sure was something out of your character and you were surprised with your own feelings. Why did they keep getting carried away like this? Why was it so difficult to think of anything else but him, from the moment you had opened your eyes? It was utterly ridiculous and somehow you became mad with yourself at that instant.

"Mr. TaeYong has requested your presence in his office Mrs" The maid informed you with a bow and you looked at her for a moment, caught off guard by her words. Why would he want to see you personally and alone knowing that in an hour or so it was gonna be breakfast time? 

" Thank you. I will be there in a second." You replied and waited till she left the room before letting the silence take over and stimulate your thoughts. Thoughts that grew unpleasant and scary as the minutes ticked while you were looking at yourself in the mirror.

From a cold face without a hint of feelings, it slowly changed to a scared then a hurt one as your mind took you from one scenario to the other.

No, there is no way he knows. I  am just panicking cause I am not clean. Get yourself together.

You reassured yourself and stood up, fixing a bit your clothes and regaining your proper posture before getting out of that room and calmly and slowly going down the stairs and down the hall till the office's door of your husband.

You didn't hesitate to knock as you knew well that hesitation or any other uncommon behavior of yours may bring results that would not benefit you. You were nervous truth was but you also were someone that has been hiding her feelings all her life for one reason or another. What was the difference now? 

You pushed the door open once you heard his voice and you entered inside, finding him alone at his desk, with a smile on his lips.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood." You commented as you went and took your seat opposite his desk nonchalantly.

"Well why wouldn't I? The weather is great today." He replied as he turned his chair to look towards his glassy balcony door which was filling the room with light.

"I am sure you didn't call me to discuss about the weather however. Is it something related to the party?" You replied, your aura keeping the hostility you always had when in his presence while your mouth let him know that you were expecting a discussion related to something of that sort as besides your social circle and the image you had to portray to the others, there was nothing else in common between you two.