Chapter 72

You stepped out of your car and with a quick pace headed towards the entrance of your parent's house which you had come to after leaving LeeGuk's place. The maids greeted you and welcomed you but you were in no mood for politeness and mannerisms as you had gotten there for one purpose only.

"Mrs. I am afraid your parents aren't home for the moment." The maid spoke to you as she followed behind you while you were speedwalking inside the residence, heading to your father's office.

"I am aware. I won't stay long. I just need something. You don't need to follow me around." You responded to her with a harsh tone that was more than unusual of you because no matter what you always made sure to be respectful to staff and people that general had done nothing wrong against you, however this time, your logic was a bit misty and as such, your behavior had derived away from your usual.

You were full of rage and anger, full of feelings of pain, and complaints towards life's unfairness. What did she ever do to deserve such an end? Why did she have to be placed in such a position? Your mind was torturing you, making you imagine her feelings of that moment and what she was possibly thinking.

All your life, her as well as you were restricted in many ways. Every moment filled with rules to follow. However unlike you, she was the better one, because she was able to keep her positivity even in the most gloomy moments and you admired her for that. She was your best friend, a sister you never biologically had. She was a person that gifted you many different perspectives of life, changing your dark thoughts at crucial times for you. With her, you felt as if you weren't alone because even though the world seemed to have certain requirements that you needed to fulfill in order to be loved and accepted by it, you accepted and embarrassed each other without forcing any change in oneself or the other. 

Unlike your parents who often made you feel like a product that they were advertising and as such it was needed of you to be in your best behavior or the many people that through years had tried to befriend you for beneficial reasons. Unlike any guy who had claimed to be in love with you while all they wanted was just a bit of attention as the title of dating someone as rich as you, would bring them. Noone ever was as true as her towards you and that was the reason she meant so much to you. She was the first person that made you think that you are worthy as an individual and your thoughts matter even if they were to contradict the rules and the ethics you were taught. She was family to you but you lost her. Stupidly like that.

The last words you exchanged with her passed through your mind as you entered into your father's office and closed the door behind you. Wasn't it strange? How any word can be your last to someone and you would never be able to guess so.

"Don't worry, I got your back. You just make sure to have fun with him."You mumbled, bringing your old memory to the present as the sound made it feel alive again.

You knew that she was going to him and you had agreed to cover up for her if her parents were to found that she was missing. What was a lie in such cases? Evey friend would do as much. Yet somehow you had regretted every bit of that night because those words turned to torture. You were supposed to have her back. Where were you when she needed you? What were you doing? You were her friend but you failed to notice her state, they always blamed you, and even though you didn't want to let their words affect you, the truth was that they had. Every moment after that day, you just grew to blame yourself more and more for her then thought as suicide. And now here you were, knowing the whole truth and realizing that your guilt may have been invalid yet your feelings were nothing but resolved.

What's the point of knowing if you can still do nothing about it? What was the point of all these years of pain and suffering , longing for a moment when you could sleep calmly knowing that justice has been put to place? How could you call yourself her friend, if all you do is shush and avert your eyes away from this case now?