Chapter 40

Namjoon closed the door of your hospital room as he entered last, feeling the palm of his hand getting sweaty a bit out of momentary nervousness.

"So Mr. Kim. Would you like to explain to me what is your involvement in the case of my dear friend Choi MinHee?" You crossed your arms over your chest as you got directly into the subject. Your eyes pinned on his intensely as your face held the seriousness of your mood.

" I understand that seeing that note in my notebook may have perplexed you Mrs. But I reassure you that my intentions towards the case are good. I am a police officer." Namjoon halted his tongue for a moment, to observe your reaction that as he was expected belonged to the categories of surprise, once you heard about his profession.

" I am the one in charge of the recent incident of the grave assault that occurred and i happened to get involved with some research related to the victim and her death." He concluded and you fell silent, processing this new information.

"Does that mean that the case of her death is reopened?" You questioned, till this moment not being aware of such a thing.

"No Mrs. I am searching on my own accord." Namjoon admitted as practically he had been getting involved with an already closed case just because his hunch was bagging him that something didn't seem right.

"On your own? Why do so, if you don't mind me asking so, Officer?" You stepped a bit closer to him as you left your hands fall loose on your side, being curious about what he may have found that made him think of the case as a murder, like he had addressed it on his notebook.

" Well i would prefer to not get any relatives involved as i have no solid proof of anything. All i have is personal brainstorming and hypothesis. It would be better for you to not look into it." He responded, presenting you a suggestion you weren't going to buy.

" I am very sorry officer but since fate brought it this way and i got aware of this, i don't think i am willing to let it go so easily. "You made your intentions clear as you kept your stare firm on him and Namjoon threw his eyes around for a moment before letting an exhale escape from his lips.

" To be honest, some information from you may come to use, however I am not sure if you would be willing to cooperate."

"What information are you looking for exactly? What is it that made you think of this as a murder case Mr. Officer? Please be honest with me." Your eyes softened deliberately as you were targeting his emotions.

"It's a simple thought Mrs Lee. Your friend had no apparent reason of committing suicide. She had made many plans and arrangements for her art exhibitions too. It just doesn't sound right for someone like her to have killed herself." Namjoon sincerely spoke out his thoughts and you fell silent thinking that he has a point, however you knew something Namjoon didn't and that was the fact that back then, MinHee was suspicious that TaeYong was cheating on her.

She used to be devastating only at the thought of such a doubt being true cause she was madly in love with him. However her suspicions never got an approval or disapproval as she died.

"What if it wasn't murder exactly but still there was someone at fault. Would you still cooperate with me to bring justice to her soul?" You uttered and immediately you regretted saying so as he had no reason to value the sentiment of the issue like you did. According to law it was suicide and the case was closed, your desire for justice and revenge on TaeYong was a personal matter in which law had nothing to do with.

"So that means that you know something more than i do." Namjoon replied, confident as he was very sharp on finding key points that would benefit him.

"I may or may not. How can you reassure me that i can trust you in whatever the issue may be?" You held your head high as you responded, a posture of security and intensity bringing out the fearless aura you wanted to project at that certain moment.