Chapter 37

Mr Park retrieved his phone from his ear as Jimin, whom had been trying to call for a while now, wasn't picking up his phone, making the old man rather frustrated , his eyes glaring at the phone as if the device had done him terribly wrong.

"Are you calling Jimin again?" His friend ,Mr Kim, spoke as he approached him with the cup of coffee that his wife had just made for him after she had put Yuna to sleep. Both neighbors had came over after SooLin had callled them when she was on her way to the hospital, worried about her little girl that she had left behind as well as her father that wasn't in condition to be staying alone.

"That kid had his phone like an earring all day long except when i call . "The man complained as he turned his chair to face his friend and then stretched his hand ,accepting the cup of hot coffee.

"Don't be so harsh on him.He is working after all and besides SooLin didn't call him because  she didn't want to bother him. Namjoon is with her, she will be fine." Mr Kim tried to reassure his friend even though he knew well and could understand his restless worry .

"Namjoon isn't my son however. He doesn't owe us anything to be dragging him in the middle of the night ." 

"Oh come on. We both know that that boy would do anything for SooLin. He had been in love with her since i can remember him." Mr Kim laughed as he sat at the couch with his own cup of coffee in his hands, recalling the first day that Jimin had introduced Namjoon to him. So awkward and shy, he used to be.

"That's exactly the problem. He is wasting his youth for someone that hasn't looked at him twice. With what face can i call him for anything when my daughter is just so blind." Mr Park left those words escape his lips without meeting the eyes of his friend, such statements being way out of his character as he never had mingled into his children's personal issues.

It wasn't that he didn't like the late husband of his daughter , ByungHun. He was a nice person and had loved his daughter as well as had tried his best to provide her with love and a safe home. He had taken good care of SooLin and Mr Park had no objections as long as his daughter was happy , however he always had felt sorry towards Namjoon , whom even though had never spoken a word related to his feelings, his emotions were too clear. Everyone knew , everyone except the person that was supposed to know and now that years had passed and ByungHun was no more, he kept hoping that one day his daughter would start her life again.  But till that day was to come , he couldn't help but be sorry and feel in debt to this young man , whom had silently been by his daughter's side, through thick and thin, supporting the family in his own way as well as the kids, whom Namjoon dearly loved as if they were his.

" You shouldn't worry about such stuff. They are young, i am sure they will find their way someday." Mrs Kim entered the living room with a tray in her hands and disturbed the conversation of the two males. "You two just eat some cookies and let's all calmly wait for SooLin to call , okay?" The woman smiled calmly , her serene behavior somehow putting the other two in a quieter mood.

---Change of set---

NamJoon and  Jimin  were waiting at a corridor while the doctor had taken SuJae inside his office and after he had done some check up on him , he had asked them to patiently wait outside , allowing only to SooLin that was his mother to stay with him in the room. It was evident that both of them were incredibly worried as they both kept pacing up and down the corridor, Namjoon eating on his nails - a sign of extreme nervousness he possessed since he was a kid- and Jimin just kept pushing his hair back every now and then  while exhaling deep breaths, displaying his clear frustration about the wait that was making them both more anxious by the minute.

They were each focused on their own individual worrisome thoughts regarding SuJae's condition , till their feet brought them to face each other while they were pacing and they both looked up and met each other's eyes, before ending up in each other's embrace. " It's gonna be okay,  buddy ." Namjoon patted Jimin's back as he knew well how much he loved his sister's kids and as such he understood well his worry.