Chapter 47

Namjoon turned the small notebook around and pushed it towards you as soon as you gave him the answer he wanted to hear, then he leaned closer as well,the tip of the pen he was holding,floating above the paper and the letters he had written. Letters that seemed abstract to you,as you couldn't possibly know the meaning of the short numbers and capital letters he had wrote down.

"Miss Choi had no apparent reason to give up her life. That was the first thing that awoken my curiosity as to why someone profoundly doing well, would reach to such an extend. I conducted some research on her life, which you, Mrs Lee are part of since early years. Looking at her life in a way i had no other option but to observe yours as well." Namjoon spoke up, letting you basically know that he had searched up your past.However that didn't surprise you. As a police officer no way he would have come this far before to at least have done that much research, as to reasure himself that you were not a possible enemy of the victim.

"At a first glance, she proved to not have any struggles with her mental and psychological state, which i am sure you must know best and you can confirm with me." He continued and paused in wait for a positive affirmation from you as till now these all were his assumptions and conclusions that could not be considered 100% true.

"She was a positive person.Of course she had her own struggles as anyone in life.But she was not someone who gave up easily. She had dreams she wanted to fulfil and.."You halted your tongue,unsure if you should mention the fact that she had someone whom she loved romantically and whom she wouldn't abandon , unless he abandoned her first.

"And she was in love as well as in a secret relationship with your current husband." Namjoon filled in your sentence ,making your eyes grow wide for a moment ,wondering how did he know of such an information .

"No need to hold back Mrs Lee. I am good at my job. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that i have knowledge of 80% of whatever you may be willing to share." Namjoon sounded so sure of himself as he spoke , making you recollect your thoughts and conclude that this man should not be underestimated .

"Yes, they were in a secret relationship . Was that the reason you had claimed that i am a suspect too?" You asked him as you remembered his words at the hospital and how he had mention that he had suspicions related to you as well,yet he was willing to trust you and cooperate with you and honestly if you were to see it in this light, it  would make sense why you would be a suspect. You married him after her death, after all. In a way it could  look as if you had a motive to want her death. However that was far from the case.

"Let's say so. Coincidentally my best friend started working for you though and he confirmed me how good of a person you seem." Namjoon avoided to tell you the real reason that you weren't a suspect ,grabbing the chance to show some good light to Jimin. Despite the fact that Namjoon didn't particularly like the reason Jimin seemed to be around you, he couldn't deny his reason and as such,he ended up giving him a helping hand, as he always tended to do, no matter how far out  of what he considered right ,his friend's actions tend to go ,sometimes.

"I am thankful that it is so. Because there is no one besides me in this room, that cares more about her. I assure you about that." You stated firmly as you weren't going to take any doubts on that subject. Not from a police officer or anyone, no matter how many evidence anyone may have against you, no one in this room knew truly how you had felt for her loss.

"No one believes the opposite Y/N. " Jimin said then he quickly looked at Namjoon and cleared his throat,soon , correcting his way of addressing you. "Mrs Y/N, i meant to say."

Jimin's correction made you think that he must have not wanted for his friend to know of the closer relationship he himself had  initiated  between you or he might have done it out of momentary consideration  towards you as a married woman that you were. Whichever it might have been, you felt more comfortable with him being proper while in the presence of his friend and that was why, you retrieved your hand away from his hold.

"Mrs Lee, you ain't my main point in this case. I brought up their relationship because i believe that your husband is the link between Miss Choi's death and your current life threatening situation." Namjoon drew the attention again on what was important and you couldn't help but feel your chest get tighter,as he mentioned your life being in danger.

"Are you implying that my..Husband may be trying to kill me as well as that he might have killed my friend?" You asked him in a monotone voice as you had pulled out the cold exterior in an attempt to hide that sickening  feeling that had rose inside you.

"No,that wasn't what was i trying to imply. Unless you have any reasons to believe so." You could tell that the focus was on you as he said those words, the air itself feeling as if it shifted to more pressuring and heavy.

You stayed quiet ,contemplating if you should tell them the reason why you had such thoughts ,however as they both kept watching  you ,you knew that you had to say something fast, no matter what it would be , in order to win you some time to decide.

"I will gladly share my thoughts on that however i would appreciate it if you would enlighten me a bit further, on what you were exactly trying to say." 

"As a politician ,he sure has higher chances of having enemies that would want to harm him. Someone might have found out about his relationship back then and might had taken certain 'measurements ' to end his happy course. And then you come to the picture. Your relationship was something no one saw coming so that person might have not found the time to take those 'measurements ' and take care of you like they did before,and they are taking action now. They might  not have succeeded to stop the wedding but they can still end this marriage." Namjoon spoke without hesitation all the things he had been thinking after he had come to that small absurd conclusion that the culprit may want TaeYong single. Back then it sounded like a stupid thought and it may still look so, however it was the only logical point he had reached to,for now.

"That..That sounds too far fetched. You are implying that there is a possibility that my friend was literally murdered and that i am going to have the same fate as her just because we are involved with the same man? Those words are too serious to be spoken as just assumption Mr officer." You responded momentarily out of anger at the thought that someone might have taken her life by force, against her will.

You had always claimed of TaeYong to be the cause of her death, but not in this way. You considered him responsible of whatever might have happened to have brought her to the point of committing suicide, a fact that was in itself so unbelievable.

Namjoon's explanation started making more sense each second that passed as your heart had always been struggling to accept that she had chose her death. There were days you thought of TaeYong as a literal murder and others that you couldn't agree with those thoughts that must have been born in you out of grief and anger. You knew that he loved her too, or so she claimed to feel the most loved when with him. Yes, he was terrible but at the end, no matter how terrible, to literally kill someone with his own hands, was an accusation that you couldn't dare to state. And exactly because of that,Namjoon's words started getting more believable in your head.

"All we have are assumptions Mrs Lee. If you never question anything , you shouldn't expect to find anything. So ,here is my question for you Mrs Lee. Do you happen to have anyone in mind, that would like for your husband to be single?" NamJoon made the question concrete and stared firmly at your eyes and you looked back at him with a straight posture as you left your momentary thoughts rolling out of your mouth, without hesitation .

"I am afraid so."

---To be continued...