Chapter 35

TaeYong and Jimin were seated next to each other  on the couch in the private room your husband had requested for you. The doctors had yet to bring you there though and that was one of the reasons why the room was dead silent, both of them having dived into their individual thoughts.

Jimin was worried about this occurrence as after he had heard TaeYong sum up  how the night had been as the doctor had requested information of what the patient had recently consumed. The doctors had informed them after undergoing a blood test that it was a poisoning case and even though with all the food that TaeYong mentioned that you could probably have eaten at that event, he still couldn't help but find it suspicious . Why of all people were you the only one that got poisoned ? It was too much of a  coincidence for his liking but it was also a wild thought which he couldn't prove.

What if this was one more attempt to kill you? The thought really kept his nerves on edge even though he kept reassuring himself that Manuel wouldn't break the one month deal to leave you alone that he agreed on with him. Yet again trusting Manuel was a pretty bold move to do so he just stood there, thinking and thinking of possibilities and ways that he had to find in order to solve this and save your life. He wasn't planning to let them kill you to begin with and that was the reason why he involved Namjoon in all this but now that he knows you a bit better and every moment he is convinced more that you don't really deserve to be killed, he just  has to try harder.

"Will they take much longer?" Jimin asked TaeYong as he grew impatient to see you with his own eyes and make sure you were well but as he broke that silence and looked over at him ,he noticed that TaeYong had not heard him at all.

His eyes were pinned on the empty hospital bed and he seemed as if he was frozen in time. His gaze stuck and a terrifying facial expression having taken over his usually cold face. It was obvious he was recalling something traumatizing for him and Jimin felt a bit sad, realizing how vulnerable the man next to him was when it came to death.

He didn't have the best impression about TaeYong as he himself had never really showed any good sides while he was around. He was always a calculating ,quiet person -in Jimin's eyes- who didn't carry the best intentions towards his wife however this night he had shown that he surely wasn't capable of handling death ,even if it was his wife whom he didn't particularly  like and from who's death he would benefit if it was to happen. 

"Why do you look so shocked? I thought you didn't care about her." Jimin asked him , this time raising a bit the tone if his voice just to make sure that his words would reach to him and they did as TaeYong's posture changed, his eyes traveling around the room before falling on Jimin.

"I don't care about her but that does mean i want to see her dead either. It's just a basic human feeling." He responded and Jimin left the corner of his lips rise upwards a bit , intending to get something out of him in this vulnerable moment that he clearly was.

"Are you sure about that? I mean it's the same thing, if she is dead or if you get divorced. The outcome is still what you want, yet you seem so worried." His words made TaeYong's gaze grow angry and somehow Jimin was surpsised that he displayed his frustration so clearly.

"For What kind of human do you take me exactly?"

"A politician." Jimin responded simply and TaeYong took a deep breath and composed himself, realizing that he had let him get to his nerves.

"Just do your job and get me what i need to get that divorce and mind the way you speak with me." He sternly told him before standing up and got out of the room ,leaving Jimin behind thinking of a sarcastic comment that involved the first time they had met where he had said that he was no different than the others yet now he demanded to be addressed differently .