Chapter 16

You were eating breakfast together with your husband and his parents while Jimin was on duty, standing in line next to the maids at the usual corner of the room.

The morning had started as usual with exception TaeYong whose behavior seemed off as you had caught him glancing your way many times.

"You look sleepless son." His mother pointed out and then you looked at him, taking notice of the dark circles under his eyes that were covering as well as possible with light make up.

"It was a busy day yesterday, mother. I will return earlier today and rest." He responded to her almost mechanically without a hint of emotion but that didn't surprise you. That was the TaeYong you knew.

"Did you heard about the assault of the grave of that Choi girl. It's on the news." TaeYong's father suddenly spoke up, his words making his son stiff while you just looked at the man, your expression dropping more.

"Wasn't that a old friend of yours Y/N dear?" Your mother in law spoke next, bring the attention to you and all you did was silently nod as your eyes traveled to your plate, somehow not wanting to discuss this first thing in the morning.

"It must be upsetting for you dear. Whoever was it that did such a thing. It's really a pity that they aren't letting her alone even in her grave. Poor girl. What malice did she committed to deserve such treatment." TaeYong's mother spoke in a sympathetic tone full of pity that somehow made your insides turn and a feeling of wanted to puke reached your mouth.

Those words that were so polite and thoughtful that in reality were nothing but i mere act of good mannerism. She didn't really feel anything from the news and you knew that well but even if she was feeling something, no feelings could be compared to what you feel about the situation.

"The police are investigating the issue. Her family reported it so we hope it won't take long for the culprit to be found, even though it's believed to be just a joke of some kids. Nothing to worry about." TaeYong reassured his parents but with those words he actually drew your glare on him as you were sure he was lying.

This was no kids playing any joke otherwise it wouldn't be only her grave and if it had nothing to do with him then what would have been the reason that he seemed so informed of the situation?

You kept looking at him silently till he turned and met your gaze, his eyes and the way he avoided you reassuring you more that he knew something more than he was telling and somehow that made you even more pissed off at him.

Nonetheless you controlled yourself and kept your mouth closed for the rest of the time that they were there, till the moment he had to leave finally came and to your surprise he did an unusual action. That of actually bidding you goodbye individual, as if he had gave you a special attention today. An attention you didn't really like nor needed, an attention you actually dismissed pretty quickly as it was nothing but a mere pretend of his to look good in his parents eyes.

---time skip---

You were standing by the pool, a book resting on your hands and your eyes looking at its yellowish page even though your mind was not doing any process of reading anymore. Your mind had dived into thoughts against and you had lost the track of time and had missed to take notice of the weather that had started getting chilly as the afternoon was welcome the evening.

A sudden warm feeling that engulfed your body was what woke you up, only to take notice of a black jacket resting on your shoulders and you looked at your left, seeing Jimin that was now standing a two feet distance behind you, his butler uniform missing the upper jacket as it was now placed on your shoulders to warm you.

"Thank you" Was all you said to him, before letting your gaze return to the open page of the book.

"For how much longer are you planning to stay here miss?" His voice reached your ears, taking your attention back at him while he walked slowly and stood before you.