Chapter 46

You were looking out the window ,observing Jimin going left and right ,trying to not feel as much cold as he was waiting outside the main gate for Namjoon to arrive. He had called him after the small conversation you had had about MinHee and her death and you hadn't stopped him from doing so ,despite the fact that you were perplexed .

The knowledge you knew till now regarding her death circumstances was being questioned however as Jimin said, Namjoon was the right person to address since he was in charge of her grave's assault case and because of that, he had ended up digging further to the case of her death just for potential clues of anyone that might have resent her enough to want to cause harm to her even after her death.

Jimin's explanation was clear however you remained unsure if you could really trust that police officer. Nontheless since he is coming all this way just to enlighten these sudden questions that rose inside you, you should be thankful to him and to Jimin of course that cared enough to go to such lengths to bother his own best friend just for you. 

Sometimes he really was more thoughtful that you could expect of anyone to be ,making sure you won't stay there in silence and torture yourself with these questioning thoughts.

You stepped away from the window as soon as you saw a car stopping right in front of Jimin and slowly returned back to the couch,where Jimin had left you before going to wait outside for his hyung. You covered your knees with the blanket just like before despite the fact that Jimin had light up the fire place and the house was really warm now as well as clean,since he had continued with his chores after that phone call.

The door didn't took long to open and Jimin stepped in first, with the known man to you,following right after. You immediately stood up and collected your posture, ignoring the slight pain you were still in.  You were a lady after all and no matter what, you had to always appear as one. In pain or not. Etiquette was now something written in your brain which you would follow even unconsciously .

"It's a pleasure to be seeing you again, Mr Kim.  Even though our last encounter doesn't resign far." You gave him a thin smile as you bowed and Namjoon bowed as well, getting himself into a professional persona as he knew well that such should be his stance towards the wife of a politician .

"Like wise Mrs Lee. My friend here informed me that you had the need to share some information related to Choi MinHee's case" Namjoon went directly to the subject, showing a classic police officer's behavior, as they usually tend to not waste time when they have a case at hands however his words left you a moment in silence as it seemed to you ,like he was implying that you had agreed to cooperate with him in the case as he had asked of you at the hospital.

You still didn't have the chance to think things through regarding that however as he now was before your eyes, you might as well cooperate as much as you found it proper for the moment.

"This house belongs to her and it has not been used since her death. However while cleaning , my butler found some cracks at the chandelier. Those cracks are unexplainable as we both know that her body was found at her house,at her room." You summed up the situation and Namjoon threw his gaze at Jimin before he pointed towards the chandelier and he proceeded to go take a look, climbing up the ladder that Jimin had still left there.

Jimin came and stood right next to you as you were observing Namjoon, hoping that he might give an explanation for these cracks that would be far from what your thoughts had halted to. Because if it was what you were thinking, then so many more questions would come to surface of which you might not have the answers too and that would leave you only with more stress and anxiety to deal with.

Namjoon took some seconds looking at it, his gaze serious as he concluded that Jimin's thoughts -which he briefly shared with him as they were coming up the stairs- were accurate .

"Let's have a seat,shall we?"Namjoon said as he stepped down the ladder.

 He took a deep breath before meeting your eyes, then waited till you took your seat with Jimin right beside you to proceed dragging the small table in between you and him,that took a seat at a chair.

"I unfortuntaly am in a hurry, since i have left SooLin at the hospital with Mrs ChaeYong. She brought Yuna to visit however they can't stay there for long." His words were aimed mostly towards Jimin whom Namjoon supposed that might be thinking, if he had left his sister alone or not.

"You shouldn't have come then, tomorrow would have been okay too? Why did you insisted ?" Jimin spoke up, as he from the start had questioned  Namjoon's decision to come where he was,however for some unknown to him reason, his hyung was eager to see him.

"It's okay.Don't worry about anything. My granny will go stay with  her till i get back." Namjoon quickly reassured him then returned his attention to you.

"Mrs Lee, is there a possibility for someone to have tried to hang themselves in that chandelier or hang from it heavy objects of approximately 50-60 kg?" His question was direct and his gaze firm on you ,making you feel for a moment as if you were under interrogation .

"As far as my knowledge goes. The answer is negative . It was her favourite chandelier , she would never risk damaging it." You replied without any apparent hesitation .

"Then i am afraid that my thoughts have nowhere but one place to go to." Namjoon spoke as he roamed around the pockets of his coat, till he found the small notebook which he had lost previously at the hospital and which you had returned to him.

"It's impossible . She was found dead at her house." You insisted and he smiled a bit as he brought out a pen from his other pocket.

"Just because we can't connect the dots now ,  doesn't mean that it's impossible . Everything can be possible .Only if we were to look at it in the right perspective ." You looked at Jimin as Namjoon started writting something down and he gave you a smile before taking hold of your hand reassuringly .

"Rest assured Y/N, hyung may sound weird but he is really smart. If there is anyone that can help you solving anything,then it's definitely him." Jimin's words were meant to put you at easy as well as convince you in a way to loose up and trust them more, in hopes that you would say what his hyung wanted to know,which he himself wasn't sure of what was it yet as Namjoon hadn't gotten the chance to properly explain to him all the thinking and conclusions he had reached to, related to the case.

"Last time i met you Mrs Lee, I let you know about my suspicions of this case being something else than a suicide and you seemed to think of it as a murder too,however not in a literal way as I. Considering your position and the rights that you may have to doubt anything i might say. I am willing to present to you ,my reasonings and as thus the clues that lead me to have such thoughts. However i must ask you one more time Mrs Lee. Are you willing to cooperate with me in order to enlighten this case?"  Namjoon seemed as if he wasn't going to wait anymore for you to decide and at that pressuring moment chances of you giving in were higher ,so he was taking full advantage of that.

He knew that there was no way you would choose to not know after having so many questions awakened in your head. He knew   that anyone would break in, in front of a much wanted something that was right before their face and that in your case, was some enlightenment on the loss of your friend that was obviously still so dear to you.

You took some minutes to reply as you were thinking what this agreement would bring to you. Were you really able to afford the exposure of the informations you knew, to someone you barely knew however he had  a trustable title? Yet that title somehow wasn't  enough to fully sooth your fears and doubts within you. Your mind was floading with thoughts that rushly would come and go, as you were trying to make a quick check of pros and cons that a positive answer may bring to you, and as your mind was doing that, you suddenly took notice of  Jimin's hand that was lightly stroking yours .

His touch drew your attention at him and you looked at his eyes,finding there that  small reassurance that you were missing. 

"It is a deal Officer Kim. From this moment on, we have a partnership."

---To be continued....