Chapter 62

You gave a glance at your mirror as soon as your make up artist was done with your look and you smiled in satisfaction with the outcome. As always she had done a good job, choosing shades that complimented you while simultaneously keeping the image that you mostly portrayed unharmed. Something new yet something that you still found yourself in, was truly perfection.

"Thank you for your time. You have done a splendid  job. I feel more than beautiful." You smiled at her while you complimented her work which deserved your praise surely and she bowed your head at you, feeling satisfied to be working for you once more because you were from the few people she knew that treated her so respectfully and warmly and never got involved in her job as some would ofter try telling her what to do and how to do it as if they knew better than a professionalist. 

After she exited your room you returned your gaze again on your mirror questioning a bit the dress that you had on. It was perfect for the occasion and it fit the dress code but the fact that TaeYong had brought it for you, somehow made you dislike the feeling of the fabric against your skin. If you were to leave aside that prejudicing thought, however, the dark gray long dress with the elegant v line opening on the front and the straps that formed an x at your back, sure had brought your body shape to view and was doing you justice.

You too hold of the black mask that was resting on the desk in front of you and placed it on, wanting to take a final look at the whole image as the dress code demanded masks. You weren't sure why TaeYong had chosen to throw a masquerade party but the information sure had made your suspicions grow further, thinking that you would be even more exposed in a place full with masked people.

A knock on the door drew your attention away from the fearful thoughts that have been running around in your mind and as you looked towards it, you took a deep breath before allowing whoever was at the other side to enter. In the beginning, you thought that it must be Jimin but as soon as the door opened, your breath got caught on your throat, seeing your husband entering.

"You look magnificent Y/N." He commented with a smile on his face and you instantly felt your stomach dropping at his politeness that only made you more alert.

"Thank you. You too are, presentable." You forced yourself to reply properly as the door was open behind him and some maids were still going around.

He looked past his shoulder for a moment, waiting for the stuff to get to a further distance before he looked again at you with an expressionless face.

"I expect you to be by my side at all times while this party goes on. Let's leave a good impression."He said and you couldn't help but question him why was he throwing a party so suddenly without any good reasons while even to him, would bring many hours of uncomfortable moments between you and him. 

"I am afraid that my reasons do not concern you. You just get out there and be what you are supposed to be. My wife." He replied simply yet his words bothered you more than you would let it show on your face.

"Just because we are married that doesn't mean that I am obligated to comply with your wishes. However, since I am a kind person, I won't make you lose face tonight." You held your chin up as you replied, letting him know that you were doing him a favor and he should be thankful because you could totally refuse to participate and stay in your room and make all his guessed wonder about your absence.

TaeYong smirked at your stance even though it's not that he was expecting any less but this feisty behavior however especially tonight he had nothing to worry. Because he soon was to wipe off your face that pride and arrogance.

"You may leave." You stared directly at his eyes letting him know that he was no longer welcomed in your room and he turned and left without saying a single thing more however at the corridor he brushed shoulders with Jimin who was coming to your room to check on you.