For Good ~4~

Glinda's POV

"Elphie?!" I said looking at the figure before me. She turned around and looked at me. Sweet Oz, she looked beautiful. Her iconic green hue was glowing in the light of the room. She had a beautiful dress on with a thousand different textures and subtle colors. It fit her perfectly as she glanced at me. I bolted at her just as she ran at me. We embraced as soon as we came in contact with each other. It felt so good to know she was okay. "Thank God you're alive!" I said as I hugged her as tightly as I could. Fiyero had pulled the Wizard out from behind his giant mechanical head and pointed his gun at him. "I'm sorry your Ozness we mean no disrespectation but-" I said as I went to hold Oz's hand. "Glinda, please go back to the ball," Fiyero told me. "No, wait," I argued. "Please go back to the ball," he persisted. "Fiyero what has gotten into you I-" I started walking towards him as he walked towards Elphie and grabbed her hand. "I'm going with her!" He shouted. "What?" I questioned. Elphie looked at him. "What?" She said almost immediately after I did. "I'm going with her," He said again. "C 'mon, let's go!" He said as he ran out. "Fine! You two deserve each other!" I screamed in return. I knew I'd never be able to be with Elphaba. She was straight right? I don't even mind anymore. "Here, have a swing of this," the Wizard said. Then Madame Morrible busted in. 

"Is it true?!" Madame Morrible said over and over as she paced around the room. I heard them negotiate for a moment about how Elphie hadn't been caught yet. "Use her sister," I said looking away. "What?" Madame Morrible replied while glancing over at me. "Use her sister, Nessa. She'll hear that Nessa's in trouble and fly to her aid," I suggested. I felt bad but at this point, I felt so betrayed I didn't even care anymore. The first person I loved and my crush were now somewhere and apparently always liked each other. I wish that it could've been me with Elphie but I guess I'm not that girl. I shouldn't wish because wishing only wounds the heart. I went to go lie down in my room at the top of the castle. 

Elphaba's POV

I could barely believe my eyes when I realized that Fiyero liked me. I was glad to be with him but I knew we weren't safe. We were only in the forest on the outskirts of Munchkin land. I didn't know what to do so I just sat there and blankly talked to him. It was just some average small talk that I didn't really feel a connection to. Then I felt him pull me closer to him. I didn't know what to do so I looked at the sky. I phased out for a moment but was interrupted by a sound. It was the sound of someone in pain. "I have to go to Nessa!" I said getting up and grabbing my broom. "What why?" He said getting up after me. "I don't know I just do!" I replied. Then I saw something strange. Something I couldn't explain. It was a house flying through the sky. Then I took off into the night, looking for my sister. Then, horror came over my eyes as I saw a house crashed into the location where Nessa would do work. I landed softly into the grass that I used to play in as a child. But I saw one more thing. Glinda, in a beautiful baby blue dress, sparkling and glinting in the night. I could see her holding a few flowers and placing them before the crashed house. "Oh, Nessa," she said while she fell to her knees.

"What a touching display of grief," I said with a hint of sarcasm. "Elphie?" Glinda said turning around. "I thought you left with Fiyero," She stated. "Well I did until I found out my sister was crushed by a house," I said with a hint of angst. "So I'd appreciate some time alone, to say goodbye to my sister," I added on. I fell down and begged for her forgiveness. She told me it was an accident but I wasn't having it. We argued for a moment about the WIzard and how he loved to steal other people's credit. Then we got in a fully-fledged argument about how she was a public figure and how she had to "Be Encouraging". At this point, she had gotten so frustrated with me that she dropped her wand and went running for me. So I dropped my broom and did the same. We pushed each other until we heard a loud voice. "Stop in the name of the Wizard!" An Oz guard said as he ran straight at me. They pulled us apart as Glinda grabbed my hat. "No! Stop! Let me go!" I protested. 

Glinda's POV

I saw the guards pull her away and point their battle axes and spears at her. At this point, I knew it had gone too far. Fiyero came in a few moments after that, telling them to let her go. He pointed his gun at me and threatened to kill me if they didn't. So they let her go and she grabbed her broom. She said she wouldn't go without him but he insisted and she ran. Fiyero had then been taken away into question of where Elphie went. I wasn't with him anymore but I still loved him as a friend and I didn't want him to die. I was taken back to the Emerald City and watched the streets flood with people. They were holding pitchforks and torches. "Good fortune witch hunters!" I heard Madame Morrible shout from the other balcony. I could hear chanting and I finally got the confidence to look out the window. I saw Biq explaining that he'd been turned into a tin man because of her. He also blamed her for making the Lion a coward. All that I knew had to be lies. Eventually, I went to go look for Elphie. This was getting too out of control. So I went to the only place I could assume she would be. In a little basement-like place where no one knew of except me. It was her little hideout before Shiz. She told me she'd go there when her father would yell at her and she just needed some time alone. She showed it to me for the first time when we were at Shiz and we were assigned to be partners for a class. We went there to study our sorcery, especially spell-casting. I climbed down the twisted stairs as Elphie was trying to tell one of her monkeys to try speaking. She told me to go away but I told her it was going too far. 

"Elphie I know you don't want to hear this but you are getting out of control! I mean come on they're just shoes!" I shouted sternly. 

Elphaba's POV

They took Fiyero in turn for me. I couldn't do anything because I knew I'd be killed either way. I wanted to save Fiyero too though. I went deeper into the forest and brought out my spellbook. I decided there was only one thing left I could do. I argued with myself about how I would never do a good deed again. I promised myself that. But I cast a spell anyway. I could hear the witch hunters coming for me so I had to seek refuge in the only place I knew that was only secret to me and one other person. I called out for Chistery and was trying to explain to another monkey that they all had to try to speak or they'd never be able to. Then Glinda came in. I told her to go away but she persisted to tell me that this had gone too far. "I can do anything, I'm the wicked witch of the west!" As soon as I said that Chistery came in with a letter in his mouth. It told me that Fiyero was gone. "You've seen his face for the last time," I told Glinda. Then I knew I was going to get killed. I surrendered. I gave Glinda my spellbook and we told our goodbyes to each other. "I have been changed for good," I told her. I held her hands and squeezed them. She looked at me teary-eyed and I walked to Chistery. I told him a few things and drew back the curtain. "Hide yourself!" I said. "Hide!" She quickly retreated behind the curtain. I looked at her beautiful face one last time and blew a kiss. She blew one to me too and I pulled the curtain back all the way. It took me a long time to realize, but she'd always been the one there for me. Glinda had always been my friend. I stood there in silence for a moment and truly accepted that I loved her. Even though the curtain was pulled back all the way, I looked back in her direction and whispered,  "I love you."

Glinda's POV

I blew her a kiss and waved. She closed the curtain and I felt bad that I never really told her how I felt. I sat there for a moment in silence when I heard a soft whisper but couldn't make out the words. Then in an instant, I saw a silhouette of many people, some I recognized to be Oz guards and others being the little girl and Dodo. Then I watched and heard a splashing noise accompanied by screaming. I saw people running around and the shadow of my best friend or crush even, slowly falling down. Then there was silence. Everything settled down and I heard all of the people leave. "Elphie?" I called out. 

A/N: OOF this was a long chapter (1,655 words). Sorry! I tried to leave as much in as I could. Thank you for reading! There'll be another chapter soon. Thanks again!