Occupied ~55~

Elphaba's POV

I woke up with Glinda's head resting on my shoulder. I looked down at her gently and pecked her forehead. She shifted a bit and I continued to stare at her. I didn't want to wake her up so I didn't move. It was a week after the incident and we had scheduled having lunch with Nessa today. I scooted closer to her and wove my hand into hers. She suddenly took a deep breath in and opened her eyes. I smiled at her and kissed her. "Good morning, my sweet," I said at a low whisper. "Good morning, Elphie!" Glinda said bubbly. I smiled and we both got out of bed. I picked up my book and started reading while Glinda went to take a shower. I walked around the room saying incantations from one of my old school books until she came out. I went in and washed my hair with my oils and changed into my usual black dress. Glinda changed into the light yellow dress that she bought a day earlier. It was very form fitting and I blushed. She smiled and we held hands. We walked out of the castle and started going towards the city. We went into a few shops, then got breakfast at a nearby cafe. I got a frozen fruit bowl while Glinda got some pancakes. We sat down outside under an umbrella and ate our food. "I get to pay this time," I said while smirking after I grabbed the bill. Glinda gave me a pouty face while I giggled and signed the bill. We left and went into a few shops. I bought Glinda a pink essential oils bracelet with a crystal rosette. I put it on her wrist and she hugged me. We decided to get tattoos on the same place on our legs. Mine said 'Witch' while Glin's said 'Wives'. I smiled and kissed her cheek before we got some soft serve ice cream. We sat at a bench at a park before we clinked our ice creams and started eating. After we finished, we walked around the park before we started walking towards the cafe to meet Nessa. We arrived first so we sat down at a table and waited. She soon came in and sat down with us. We ordered our food and drinks while we did some small talk. Nessa explained how they let her out from time to time, as long as it was in the dead of night. She knew that I had lived, but couldn't talk to anyone. I went to the other side of the table and hugged her. She apologized for getting mad at me before I went to free the flying monkeys. I patted her on the back before saying sorry about Father and Mother. After all, both of their deaths were my fault. She told me it wasn't and that Father had been unfair to me. I smiled and squeezed her hand from across the table. She smiled back and she asked us what has changed since she "died".

Glinda's POV

Nessa came in after Elphie and I waited for a while and she gave both of us a hug. I laid my head on Elphie's shoulder as they talked about the past. They also apologized to each other and we got our food. I started eating while I talked about my job. Nessa talked about what happened during the time she was governor of Munchkinland. She talked about how badly Boq had treated her and how she should've noticed it sooner. I finished quicker than both of them, which was unusual.  I excused myself and decided to pick out a pie at the little bakery at the front of the cafe for dessert. I ended up choosing a cherry pie with some ice cream and brought it over to Nessa and Elphie. We all ate a little bit before Elphie had to go to the restroom. I talked to Nessa for a bit, before asking her what a governor does. She explained what she did and changed to make Boq stay with her. Since Elphie left, she couldn't do anything on her own. Her father died too so she couldn't get help from him. She was rightfully upset and I gave her a hug. Elphie came back and we kept catching up on our lives. I asked Nessa about her experience at Hogwarts was like. She explained that she had a lot of fun and made many friends. She also explained that her favorite candy was Fizzing Whizbees and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. She explained that her wand was made of cedar wood but it was taken away when she was in captivated. She also explained that she didn't know where it was since the Gale Force had taken it. When Elphie heard that, she pulled out her bag and proceeded to take out a long, carved stick out. She handed it to Nessa and Nessa cheered. "I recognized it and grabbed it after we left. It was in the main room," She said while putting her bag back besides her. "Thank you," Nessa replied while putting her wand back into her own bag. "Sorry I forgot I grabbed it," Elphie said while chuckling. "No problem," Nessa said while taking another bite of pie. I asked what it was like at Hogwarts and what they did. Nessa explained that she stayed in the Headmaster's suite while all the other students often had to share dorms. She also talked about four houses that you were to be sorted in once you got there. Nessa said she was in a house called Ravenclaw while Elphie was in a house called Hufflepuff. I laughed at the names and kept eating at my slice. Nessa asked us about our jobs as full time witches. We explained that it was basically helping Oz along with teaching animals to speak again. She also asked Elphie why the Wizard and Madame Morrible was back. She said that it was because they wanted to take over Oz again. We finished eating our pie and Nessa paid for the check. "So, how did you guys start dating?" She asked. "Well it's a long story," Elphie replied. "It all started at Shiz..."

Fin

A/N: I hope you enjoyed my story! I worked on this continuously for fifty five days writing one thousand words at least each day. I will continue writing about Gelphie, but this series had to come to an end. Tell me if you enjoyed! I almost cried while writing this last chapter. It has come to be a routine, so it'll be strange not having to write tomorrow. But I am scheduling making a new Gelphie story where I update every weekend. (Because of school) Anyway, farewell for now (by now I mean next weekend), Love you all so much! Bye!
-Jäger