Told ~9~

Glinda's POV

Elphie stared at me and didn't know what to do. Biq still believed she turned him into a tin man because of her wickedness. She started running toward the castle to grab her broom. "Elphie, no!" I said while grabbing her hand. "The people of Oz and Munchkin land should know," I said while squeezing her hand. "We should tell everyone before anything else happens," I continued while bringing her toward the castle balcony. "Elphie, I'll make an announcement so that everyone will come. Then, I'll tell everyone that you're alive and the truth. You can't hide forever. Biq-" "Boq," Elphie interrupted. "Biq has probably told half of Munchkin land if he was able to find his way out of the forest," I said ignoring the corrected name. "Okay," Elphie breathed. "I'm just nervous," She said looking around. "No one has really accepted me except you," She said while blushing a little. "Well Elphie, you know, I like my tea how I like my women," I said smoothly. She looked at me confused. "Green," I said while winking. She was a deep green now and grinning at me. "See now I know how to cheer you up!" I said giddily. "Oh shut up," She said turning around smiling. I opened the door to the balcony and made the announcement that all of the Ozians and Munchkins were to gather at the main square at seven. Then, I would make the announcement about Elphie.

Elphaba's POV

I started looking around frantically for my broom and remembered I left it in the castle. I ran towards it but Glinda stopped me. She told me to calm down and that we would tell the Ozians and Munchkins. We went back in and I was pretty nervous. She said a stupid pick up line that made me laugh more than it should've. I watched her tell the Ozians and Munchkins to come at seven. She turned back to me and smiled. "Elphie, this whole 'Wicked Witch' thing will be over soon," She assured me. "You'll finally be off the hook!" She said cheerfully. I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you for permitting animals to teach at Shiz again," I said while rubbing her back. "And thank you for teaching Dr. Dillamond how to speak again," I continued. "Well, I decided that since the Wizard and Madame Morrible were both gone, I had to take action," Glinda replied. "I also made cages illegal!" She added. I hugged her tighter to show my thanks. They were finally getting the life they deserved. I remembered the first time I saw a cage. It made me so sad...

*Flashback*

I was trying my toss toss as Fiyero came behind me. "What?!" I exclaimed. "Nothing! It's just you've been... Glinda-fied... you don't need to do that, you know?" He said while Dr. Dillamond walked in. "Take your seats class. Please, quickly," He said in a somewhat desperate manner while putting his bag down. "I have something to say in very little time. My dear students, this is my last day here at Shiz. Animals are no longer permitted to teach," He continued. "What?!" I said standing up. "Please miss Elphaba," He said gesturing me to sit down. "I would like to thank you all for sharing with me your enthusiasm, your essays, however feebly structured. And on occasion your lunch," He said looking at me with sadness in his eyes. "Oh, Doctor! I'm so terribly sorry," Madame Morrible said while walking in with two other people. "Madame, you can't permit this!" I said walking toward her. "Miss Elphaba don't worry about me, they can take away my job, but I shall continue speaking out!" Dr. Dillamond said while being dragged away by the two other men. "Come on, goat!" One said with aggressiveness in his voice. Then there was a frenzy of people talking, Dr. Dillamond yelling, and the two men protesting loudly. I tried to go after him but Madame Morrible stopped me. "Are we just going to sit here in silence?!" I said looking at my peers. "Miss Elphaba I think there is nothing we can do," Madame Morrible told me while sitting me back down. "Good afternoon, students," A man said with a stern voice. "Good afternoon," Madame Morrible encouraged. Some people murmured 'good afternoon' but the majority of us stayed silent. He told us about how there was progress going on and how we'd been improving. "For example, this is called a cage," He said pulling a black sheet off to reveal a lion cub inside a shiny metal contraption. It looked like a jail cell and the cub looked so frightened. But the teacher didn't care and pulled out a huge needle that made everyone jump back a little. "Somebody has to do something!" I exclaimed while moving my hands in a quick jolt. Everyone started moving around weirdly and screaming. I ran after Fiyero after he took hold of the lion cub.

*End of Flashback*

I looked at Glinda and kissed her. "Thank you," I said while looking at her. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We caught up about what happened after I left the Emerald City, where I had gone, and what I was doing. Before we knew it, it was almost seven. Meaning Glinda would tell everyone the truth about me.

Glinda's POV

We talked for the rest of the afternoon. We looked at the time and it was almost time to make the announcement. I changed into my blue dress and Elphie changed into her dress she made. I got ready to step out onto the balcony. "Ready?" I asked while looking at her. "Yeah," She exhaled while moving around a bit to shake off some nerves. I saw people gathering outside on the Oz's square in front of the castle. I opened the doors to the balcony and walked outside. Many people cheered for me and I looked at them. I bowed dramatically and waved. "Alright quiet down!" I said sarcastically. The crowd hushed soon after that and I took a deep breath. "As you know, the so-called Wicked Witch of the West died a few months ago," I said and the crowd looked at me confused. Some cheered about it still but I didn't care. "Well, you see, Elphaba was never wicked. The reason why she made the monkeys have wings is that she was instructed to by Madame Morrible and the Wizard himself," I continued. Some gasped while others just stayed in silence. "I was there, she was told to prove herself worthy to work with the Wizard. But the thing about the Wizard is that he wasn't able to read any of the spells. He was a fraud!" I exclaimed. Some looked at us with confusion and anger in their eyes. "When the Lion was a cub, she saved him from a human but accidentally scared him in the process," I continued. "The tin man was close to death, but the only way for her to save him was to change him that way," I continued. "It was all run on lies. They were lying to you!" I exclaimed. "Now, Elphie-" I said as she walked out towards me. Some people were screaming while others were just staring in fear. "Do not be afraid! She never meant to hurt anyone. She was just trying to do good," I said looking at her and holding her hand. "That is all, you may go," I said shooing them off. Elphie jumped into my arms and cried slightly. "Thank you!" She said. I applied her silvery liquid to her burns on her face. It was the end of an era.

A/N: Thank you for reading! A new chapter will be posted tomorrow. Also, I apologize if they're any grammar mistakes, I didn't have grammarly on this computer.