Trouble ~11~

Glinda's POV

I held on to Elphie as we flew back to the Emerald City. We landed a few minutes later and went into the castle. "Elphie that was wonderful!" I said as I got off the broom. "You really think so?" She responded looking a bit shocked. "Elphie, it was beautiful!" I insisted. She smiled and put her broom down. "Let's go out on the town!" I exclaimed. "Sure," Elphie said a little unsure-looking. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Well, I'm just nervous. It's the first time I've truly walked through the city in a long time. The Ozians were having mixed feelings about me when you made your announcement for sure. I'm just afraid of what they'll think of me," She explained while looking down. "Don't worry Elphie, it's going to be okay. Besides, you gotta get used to the city again!" I said while grabbing her hand and skipping around the room. I changed into my blue bubble dress and Elphie changed into her normal black one. I held her hand and walked on the balcony. "Do you want to go in my bubble?" I asked. "I know you're not too interested in it and if you want to go on your broom I totally understand-" I said while Elphie looked at me. "Why not?" She said interrupting me. "Are you sure?" I said looking at her a little surprised. "Yeah, it looks a lot more comfortable than my broom. Besides we're only using it to fly into the town," She explained. "Okay!" I said cheerfully. I summoned my bubble and we both hopped in. We took off and she looked around. "Oh my Oz this is so much more comfortable than my broom," She said looking down at the town. We descended down to the ground and I sent my bubble away. She took a few steps around and turned to me. "I forgot how beautiful this place was," She said walking towards me. "Yeah," I chuckled. I took her hand in mine and we both blushed a bit. "Hands touch," I sang under my breath. "Eyes meet," Elphie said to my surprise. "Sudden silence," I said looking at her. "Sudden heat," I continued as I reached for her other hand and squeezed it. "Hearts leap with a giddy whirl," She said smiling. "Don't wish-" I started to say until we were interrupted by a loud voice and I was tapped on the shoulder.

"How in Oz did you survive?" I looked in horror as I saw Madame Morrible in front of me looking straight at Elphie. "And how in Oz did you get out of prison?" I snapped back as I put myself in between Madame Morrible and Elphie. "Maybe a little of persuasion sprinkled with a few thunderbolts," Morrible grinned evilly. Before I could do anything, Madame Morrible waved her hands in a few quick movements and it soon started raining large drops of water. Elphie started falling to the ground as I tried to support her body. "How pathetic," Madame Morrible cackled as she walked away. Green steam erupted from her body and I became desperate for shelter. I dragged her into the closest shop and looked around for anyone. I quickly called out for anyone and grabbed the bottle of silvery liquid. It was almost out but there was enough to heal a couple of big spots. I tried to spread it out and only put a thin layer on each burn, the biggest ones being on her shoulders. I was able to heal the biggest ones but there were still a few scattered across her body. I looked for anyone who could help. We couldn't go anywhere because the rain was still coming down fast. I wouldn't just leave her here either because she needed someone to look after her. Soon someone came in and looked at me. Luckily, they were kind enough to go out and grab some more of the silvery liquid from the potion's store across town. But Elphie still wasn't doing too good. She blacked out and a green puddle was forming beneath her. She was melting. Soon, the Ozian came in with a large jar of the liquid and I quickly applied it to the remainder of her burns. All we could do was wait. I saw the puddle slowly decrease in size, her breathing became normal, and her face turned from one with pain to one that relaxed. I waited a bit longer in anticipation of what happened and in an instant she opened her eyes and sat up.

Elphaba's POV

We were walking in the city. Madame Morrible was there. She moved her hands. It began to rain. I fell over and blacked out. Then, I woke up. Two people were around me looking at me. Glinda, who was holding my hand and practically crying, and another who I didn't recognize. I sat up in a frenzy of what happened and looked around. We were in a small home-like place, which had green walls and ceilings. I had no time to look around any longer when I noticed Glinda attacking me in hugs. "Thank Oz you're alive!" She said as she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and looked out the window. It was raining. So that's why I blacked out. "Yeah, I'm alive," I chuckled. "How did Madame Morrible escape?" I asked. "Well, I couldn't just run after her because you were already starting to fall over and blackout. So I pulled you in here and put as much of the liquid on you as I could. Then this kind gentleman helped me," Glinda said looking over at him. He waved and smiled. He walked out before I could thank him or ask his name. Glinda helped me to my feet and kissed me on the forehead. It stopped raining soon after that and we walked outside. I was careful looking around for Madame Morrible as we hopped back into Glinda's bubble. We got in and hugged as we flew towards the castle. Once we got there, Glinda instructed the guards to watch out for Madame Morrible. I read the Grimmerie and eventually fell asleep. What a day.

A/N: Thanks for reading! I know I say it a lot but I really do appreciate it! A new chapter will be out soon of course.