Confessions ~23~

Elphaba's POV

For many months, rumors had been going around about Glin and I. People would say "Do you think the green one stole Glinda from Fiyero?" "Are they a couple?" "They both had a love bite the same day," They would whisper among each other. We got annoyed about all this but I guess so did they. At least Glin and I chose to ignore it though.

***

I woke up to the sound of people talking outside. I wiped my eyes and turned towards Glin. "Hey Glin," I said looking at her. "Yeah?" She replied. "Do you hear that?" I asked pointing out the window. "Yeah," She replied. "It's kind of annoying," She continued. "Want me to check what's going on?" I offered. "Let's go together," She said while getting out of bed and walking towards the window. I followed her and was surprised to see practically all of Oz outside the window. "What do we do?" I asked. "We should go ask them why they're here," She assured. "Okay," I replied. We got ready with me in my normal black dress and Glinda in her bubble dress. "Ready?" I asked grabbing her hand. "Totally," She replied happily. Glinda opened the doors to the balcony and we walked out hand in hand. "Fellow Ozians," Glinda said looking over the mass. "Why have you come?" She continued. Many Ozians cheered seeing her. "Glinda!" "Uh-huh," I heard her reply and I giggled. "Where'd you get your hickey a few months ago?" The Ozian said. Glin looked back at me with worry in her eyes. "Uh um-" She said turning back around to face the crowd. "Since there has been so much specuzentation, I must tell you the truth," Glinda said looking out at the crowd. "Elphaba and I have been dating for a few months now," She breathed nervously. A few gasps scattered across the crowd. "Because, well, because-" She said trying to stay confident. I came up to her and held her hand. I nodded and she nodded, then she looked back at the crowd. "Because I'm gay," She said loudly. Again more gasps. "And I'm bi," I chipped in. "And if you don't agree with how we are, so be it," She shouted. "So be it then," I agreed with her. We turned towards each other and Glin kissed me right in front of the crowd. But I didn't care. I was proud of her. We did it. That kiss... it was unlike others I've had with her. It felt like we were the only two people in the world, all of the sound was blocked out, and we could just be us. We both pulled away and looked at the crowd. Many were clapping and cheering while others were just in a state of shock. I held her hand as we walked back into her room and closed the door. I hugged her for a long time without saying anything. "You did great," I said breaking the silence. "You did too," Glin said quietly. "I love you, boo," I said looking at her sea-colored eyes. "I love you too Elphie," She replied back with a kiss.

Glinda's POV

It had been a few days since we told all Oz about who we were. We hadn't come out of the castle although we knew some people supported us. "Elphie come on! We should go out sometime," I encouraged. "Okay fine," She replied. "Yay!" I exclaimed. I was a bit nervous too but I needed to get out of the castle. I was getting antsy and wanted to walk around. I changed into my bubble dress while Elphie changed into her black one. We held hands and prepared ourselves for going outside in almost a week. I opened the door and we walked out. We didn't see anybody for a moment, but then we walked into Oz's square. People started crowding around us, asking us questions. Some of them congratulated us about our relationship but some just glared at us. One person said something that really got under my skin. "Glinda, why are you dating the Wicked Witch?" The Ozian asked as we passed them. I didn't reply and I just continued to walk. It really bothered me that some people still thought of Elphie as wicked. We went home to the castle and I cried a bit. "Elphie, why don't people understand that you were never wicked?" I asked crying into her chest. "I don't know but they'll have to get used to the thought," She said while grabbing her bottle of the silvery liquid. She rubbed it on the tear marks I left on her and changed into a dry shirt. "Sorry," I said completely forgetting about it for a while. "It's alright, my sweet," She assured and hugged me again. We stood there hugging each other for at least a half a tick of the Time Dragon Clock. I let go after I started falling asleep in Elphie's arms. "What do you want for dinner?" I asked after calming down. "How about alfredo pasta," Elphie suggested. "That sounds good," I said grabbing her hand and walking down to the kitchen. We made the pasta and the alfredo sauce all by scratch. We served it and sat down next to each other at the table. "Oz will you please bless this mess," Elphie said while picking up her fork. We started eating and were surprised about how good it was. "Thank goodness," I said while eating it. "What?" She giggled. "I'm surprised it turned out this good. The last time I made alfredo, it was a disaster," I continued. We both laughed and finished up. We cleaned the dishes and headed up to my room again. Elphie went to her normally scheduled book reading while I practiced some spells. She showed me how to read a little more of the Grimmerie and we got ready for bed. I settled in and Elphie hugged me from behind. "Goodnight, Elphie," I whispered turning the lamp off. "Goodnight my sweet," I heard her reply before I fell asleep.

A/N: Thanks! A new chapter will be out soon. If you were wondering, the "Oz please bless this mess" was based off of Mary Kate Morissey's Instagram story from a while ago with GinnaClaire Mason. Ok rant over thank you!