Wicked ~5~

Glinda's POV

"Elphie?" I said leaning forward to look in the direction of where I saw her last. There was no response. The only thing I could see was a green cloud arising from where Elphie stood last. Chistery poked his head out from the curtain and pulled the curtain back. I looked behind to see no Elphaba, but merely her hat on the ground. "Oh, Elphie!" I said as tears started welling up into my eyes. I picked up her hat and hugged it. She kept the hat all this time. All this time after Shiz, Oz, everything. She had kept it. I remember that day.

*Flashback*

"Ugh pretend you didn't see that," I said facepalming. "My grandmother always buys me the most hideodeous hats! I'd give it away but I don't hate anyone that much!" I said as my friends looked at each other and gasped in sync. "Yes, you do!" They said harmonically together. "Oh no, I couldn't" Finishing the thought. "Could I?" I said pointing at them as they ran off to go to the dance. I looked behind me to see Elphie approach me and tell me that she and her sister had been talking about me. "And I was just talking about you!" I replied cheerfully. "I thought you might want to wear this," I said as I pulled the hat from behind my back. "To the party tonight!" I shoved the hat in her hands and tried my best to convince her to wear it to the dance.

*End of Flashback*

My friends thought I just wanted to get rid of the hat but really, I just wanted to see Elphaba. I liked Fiyero, yes, but I was still questioning whether I was truly gay or not. I snapped out of it as Chistery looked at me and held up a bottle. "M-M-Miss Glinda-" He said putting the bottle in my hand. Then I had a thought. It was exactly identical to the one the Wizard told me to drink when Fiyero took Elphie away. I went into the room where Madame Morrible and the Wizard were talking about Elphie. "This was Elphaba's," I said as I walked in. "What?" Madame Morrible said while glancing over at me from across the room. "This was Elphaba's. It was a keepsake from her mother. She told me so herself," I said while still holding back tears. "I've only seen another little green bottle like this one other time and it was right here in this room," I said while walking towards the Wizard. "You offered me a drink from it!" I said handing it to him. "This belonged to her mother?" The Wizard said while rummaging in his pocket to pull out another identical bottle. "Oh my lord!" He said as his eyes widened. "I am a sentimental man, who always longed to be a father," He said into his hands.

"So she was yours all along!" I responded. "That's why she had such powers! She was a child... of both worlds," Madame Morrible chimed in while looking at the Wizard. By then, I was confused and tired, so I simply asked the Wizard to leave. He was taking an indefinite leave of absence. I was going to make the announcement myself if I had to. "Did you hear what I said?" raising my voice a little in anger. "Yes," He said while getting up. "Your Goodness," He finished while walking out of the room. "Now go and get your balloon ready," I said looking back at Madame Morrible while calling the guards. "Glinda dear I know we've had some minor differentiations in the past-" She said while turning around. "Madame," I interrupted. "Have you ever considered how you'd fare in captivity?" I said while holding my head with my hand. "What?" She said looking at me. "Captivity!" I said with a slightly annoyed tone. "Prisonnnn!" I whispered loudly to her. She laughed at me but I didn't care. "It is my personal opinion you see, that you do not have what it takes!" I said remembering the exact words. "Oh! I hope you prove me wrong!" I said as she laughed. "I doubt you will!" I said as finishing the sentence she told me when I was at Shiz. "Take her away!" I said as she continued to cackle as the two guards dragged her off. I got on my bubble and looked at the town. People were cheering that Elphie was gone. I was totally crushed knowing that she was only saving the people and animals. I also thought this had only happened by a string of lies pulled by Madame Morrible.

"No one mourns the WIcked!" They chanted gleefully. I looked back and just remembered all that had happened. "Who can say if I've been changed for the better," I sang remembering my friend. "Because I knew you," I said as people sung of my best friends death. "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good," I ended and went back to the castle. The next day, people were still celebrating. I went out on my bubble again as the people cheered seeing me. They asked me questions and were excited to see me. "It's good to see me right?" I said. They cheered right after as I looked down at them. "You didn't need to answer that, it was rhetorical!" I said. I started telling of how it was good that Elphaba was gone although it burned a hole in my heart. But everyone was rather mean about it, screaming that no one would ever mourn her. Until someone shouted at me "Glinda, how dead is she?" I thought about it for a moment. "According to the clock, the melting occurred at the thirteenth hour. A direct result of a bucket of water thrown by a female child," I said remembering that I could've done something, but I just stood there. Doing absolutely nothing to help her. "Yes, the wicked witch of the west is dead," I said as cheerfully as I could muster despite being heartbroken.

Elphaba's POV

I turned to see the little girl holding the big bucket of water. I stood back but she proceeded to throw it on me. I felt a horrible burning sensation but instead of blacking out like I usually do when I come in contact with water, I kept alert. I sunk into the floorboards and hid under a trapdoor. My spell had worked! I made myself look as if I were dying but I had just momentarily melted then went back in my normal form. I left my hat behind though. The only thing I could remember Glinda by. I waited for hours and hours for Fiyero to come but he never did. I guess he left or he really did die. I waited until the dead of night so I could be sure that no one was there. So I climbed out prying up the trapdoor and looked around the room. My childhood fort. The place where I would go to hide from the world. I guess I'd have to stay here until I could find a way to escape without being noticed. I was in the middle between Oz and Munchkin land. It was very hard not to be spotted by someone. I heard people cheering about my death and Glinda's voice. She was singing our song. I sang along and finally went to sleep on the floor. I could only wonder how sad I left Glinda. I hoped and hoped that she'd be okay.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Another chapter will be out soon!