New ~31~

Glinda's POV

"Sorry," I said while pulling away rubbing the silver liquid on a couple more burns. "It's alright," Elphie responded pulling me into a hug. I eased into the hug and we stayed like that for at least half a tick of the Time Dragon Clock. Eventually, I looked up and stared at her. "Elphie, what is the silver liquid made of?" I asked. "You know, that," I said while pointing to the bottle that was laying on my bed. "It comes from a plant found near the Emerald Mines," She replied. "The Calathea flower. Its flowers are extracted from the plant and ground into a paste. Then its mixed with Rose extract to thin it out because Calathea is very strong on its own," She finished as I looked at the bottle in interest. I set the bottle down and Elphie stood up to look outside. I came behind her and we both looked at the Time Dragon Clock. It was almost at the thirteenth hour. We decided to get a late night snack so we walked downstairs in the dark. I never told Elphie this, but I was utterly afraid of the dark. I held Elphie's hand as we slowly walked to the kitchen. I was relieved when we turned on the lights and got a bite to eat. Elphie grabbed some popcorn and we shared a bowl while huddling together on the couch. I slipped my hand into hers as we sat looking out the window. I started falling asleep and I laid my head on her shoulder. She kissed me on the forehead and I finally fell fast asleep.

I woke up to the sound of the toaster going off. I opened my eyes and I had a blanket on me. I sat up and looked around for Elphie. "What's for breakfast?" I asked standing up and wiping my eyes. "Avocado toast," Elphie replied while putting two plates on the table. I gave her a quick kiss before we both sat down to eat. We both finished a couple of minutes later and we went back up to my room. "I'm going to take a shower," Elphie said. "Okay," I replied while looking through my closet to see what I could wear for the day. "Wait, how are you going to take a shower?" I asked realizing that she wouldn't be able to since... water. "Oils," She said while walking inside and closing the door. "Ohh," I said while picking out a dress. I had gotten into my dress when Elphie came out of the restroom. She had a towel wrapped around her body and I blushed. She changed into her black dress and came over to me. "Glin," She asked while tapping me on the shoulder. "Would you... style my hair?" She asked. My heart immediately filled with happiness. I felt my face light up and I ran over to grab my supplies. I grabbed a brush and some hair pins. I pulled her over to my bed and sat her down.

Elphaba's POV

I asked Glin to do my hair because I felt it would make her feel better after everything that happened yesterday. She practically jumped off the walls and I smiled. She sat me down on her bed and started brushing out my hair. "Wow," I heard her mutter. "What?" I said with a hint of worry. "Your hair is really soft," She said while I blushed. "Oh uh, thanks," I said turning dark green. She took my hair and pulled a few strands behind my head and braided it all the way down. Then, she curled the ends of the rest of my hair that hung down. She handed me a mirror and I looked at it. "I love it," I said while turning around and hugging her. She smiled brightly and continued to grab something off of the bed. She had a small pink hairclip that she pinned to the end of my braid. "I still think pink looks good with green," She said while patting herself on the back. I chuckled and we both were ready to go outside. We held hands and decided to walk instead of taking my broom or her bubble. We approached the Yellow Brick road and we went to the forest. We walked in between a large array of trees when we approached the meadow that had all of the night violets. I pulled a book out of my bag and started reading. We laid down on the grass and Glinda put her head on my stomach. I covered my face with my book because I started blushing. I grinned and continued to read my book for a while. Glinda pointed out some animals that came up to us. Some of them could speak while others couldn't. I sat up while speaking to a certain deer about how she lived on the outskirts of the Vinkus. I instinctively stroked Glinda's golden hair while she looked up at the sky. When the deer had to go back to her house and became aware that I was practically brushing Glinda's hair with my hand. I quickly retracted my hand and blushed. "Sorry," I said looking away while holding my neck. "It's okay I liked it," She responded while closing her eyes. I exhaled in relief and started to brush her hair again while reading my book with my other hand. I read for a while until I finished the book and put it back in my bag. I kissed Glinda on the forehead and I saw her smirk. I blushed looking down at her perfect face and smiled. I laid down and looked up at the sky. I started daydreaming until I felt Glinda jolt up. "What is it?" I asked looking at her. "Elphie, we need to show people your fabulous hair!" She said while jumping up. "I totally forgot!" She said happily. "Do I have to?" I asked reluctantly grabbing my bag. "Yes now come on!" She said while grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the meadow. At least she was back to her happy peppy self. But Oz, here we go again.

A/N: Thanks for reading! A new chapter might be out tomorrow. I'm going on a trip so I'll try to keep this up but if I don't, that's why. Anyway, love you guys!