1. The Other Option

Before you start this book:

- Thank you for choosing it and trying to give it a read!
- you may find little mistakes since I have recently changed the main characters' names. Please do correct me wherever you spot the mistakes!

......

Kabir Ahuja, the Captian of the Indian Cricket Team and the current heart-throb of the nation, was currently sleeping. He was out dozing on the couch, with popcorn fallen around him. Rough movie night!

His sleep was disturbed because the bell just rang. He opened his eyes, still stuck to the couch, assessing reasons to actually get up. He was a good athlete but when at home, he surely was lazy.

One: The maid could enter,
Two: she could help him clear the mess he created and
three: he wouldn't be shouted at by his mother for not opening the door yet again. Then there was the most appealing option: he could peacefully sleep after all the challenging cricket tours and not get up from the couch at all.

Obviously, he chose sleep!

After a few hours, his sleep was again broken, this time, by the ringer of his phone and it displayed 'Maa'.

"Shit!", he cursed.

He cleared his throat as he picked the call," Good Morning Maa!"

" Keeshu, the maid came today and you didn't open the door for her, again. What are you even paying her for if she doesn't really do any work by the end? You should....."

"And the lecture commences!", he thought to himself.

  A few days ago, the team had received an invite to an award function. They had been to a few before but those had been mostly related to cricket even though hosted by Bollywood stars.

Though this event, was a Bollywood based entirely. A night with colours, dances, jokes and of course, the stars! The boys were excited to be a part of this. They had just won the champions trophy and were called as special guest appearances.

ENTER TEAMS GROUP-CHAT 

KABIR
Boys, this isn't an event I can handle alone if you are late. Please, positively do not be late. It would set forth a bad impression🙏🏻

ARYAN (His best friend)
keeshu yaar! Exactly what we are saying. It's not a cricket event. Let us also have fun and enter like film stars😎. This isn't the ground so please calm down😂

VEER (the wise one, he admired)
Hahaha! SO true.

RAJ ( the jokester)
Leave Kabir. What are you guys wearing?

RAHUL (the jokesters best friend)
Clothes, jackass💩.

KABIR
so much for 'leave Kabir'😂

VIKAS (the experienced player)
Oye how much do you guys talk? Also, the show actually starts at 9:30 pm so I am not coming before 9:25. Keeshu, dont even expect it🤪

VEER-
kabir! now you are the captain. Go represent us while we have fun alone. Responsibilities suck don't they haha!

CHATS OVER

      A super annoyed Kabir entered the gym. He again had to represent the team in a function the team members were coming late to. He loved to represent the team, of course, it was such a great honour but not at the cost of him being alone with no one by his side. He realised how his ' veer bhai' must have felt all these years covering up for everyone in his team.

Kabir was sure he was going to be awkward at the Red Carpet with no one to talk to and nothing to talk about. Soon later, Kabir got ready in a suit looking amazing and feeling confident . He grabbed his car keys and shut the door on his way out!