46. Complete

Aisha's pov

I got up to my phone ringing continuously. I plopped up and rubbed my eyes as I squinted my eyes to see who was calling. Papa was.

I picked the call and in my groggy voice answered, "hello?"

"AISHA ARE YOU SLEEPING?"

"I just got up. Kya hua?" I asked urgently.

"It's 2:30 baba. Get up."

"Wait what? I slept for 13 hours Papa. This has to be record holding!" I said in excitement.

"What will I do with you? You are getting married now. Stop behaving like a baby. What will virat do with you? uff!"

"Papa. He will probably set a higher record right after mine. Don't worry!" I laughed.

"Both of you are stupid now, what to do. Acha I'm ordering your favourite food for us. I want to have lunch with my daughter today!"

"Now that I think about it, I'm pretty hungry. I'm rushing over to your room Abhi only"

"Brush kar ke aana" he scolded.

"Obviously!"

"Not so obvious when it's about you"

"Bye dad!" I cut the call.

I smiled at our bickering and left to freshen up.

......

After lunch I decided to be a little on my own. Alone with my thoughts and Prateek Kuhad's songs on Spotify.

I was in the garden listening to 'cold/mess' and humming along. My headphones were placed on my head as I strolled down to the pool area. I placed my legs in the water and waddled them.

I was just thinking about how things changed for me. I was a girl no one knew about. Luckily made it big in the industry. Found Kabir on the way. Had my share of ups and downs with him and now I'm marrying him.

This was so unexpected.
Never did I actually believe that he would mean so much to me.

But he does.

.....

After overthinking about myself overthinking, I returned to my room. For some reason, it felt good to be alone for a while. Just one of those days where you don't want to be with anyone.

I looked at the time and it was 5:30 pm. Mehendi would start in an hours time. I don't even feel like getting ready to be honest but Khushi would be coming with the makeup team any moment now.

I wasn't up to the makeup bit as of now.
I was too overwhelmed.

....

During the whole makeup procedure, my mind wasn't thinking straight. I don't know why but I just felt sad. My heart felt restless.

I tried to lay down a few reasons in my mind and ponder over then to see what reason could it be. As soon as I realised it, a tear fell down and the makeup artists looked at each other. They lightly dabbed away my tears blending it into the makeup.

Khushi was on her phone instructing Ranveer to wear a particular sherwani and not the other, as she said, hideous one. She was all ready in a golden lahenga. It was a simple one but she's gorgeous so she makes anything stand out.

I was still in my shorts, getting the makeup done which my tears had probably ruined as of now but the artists didn't say anything.

They probably think I'm being forced to marry Kabir
!Hmm.
No sorry.
That's not it.